The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk II

It's the kind of naivee idea a child would have. Which works since Flit is, of course, a child.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Sume Gai

Lots of good stuff this episode.
Spoiler
-I liked that only Flit and Woolf were able to actually kill UE while the rest of the fighters were there to distract the opponents. A good strategy that worked better than I would have expected.
-The Zedas (Desil) was very intelligent in how he tried to turn Zalam and Euba against each other.
-Don Boyage died like a man with his two lackeys but accomplished little in the immediate and practical scheme of things, though I hope his death will cement the Zalam-Euba alliance for future events.
-The Spallow debuts and Flit -finally- beats the Zedas
-It seems like Flit is starting to develop some newtype-ish perception.
Destiny Gundam wrote:
Spoiler
Being the speed junkie that I am, now that the Spallow has debuted is there any reason for Flit to use the AGE's other forms? It's fast so you can dodge any attacks and it has a blade that can cut anything so a Bakuto's armor should be no problem.
Spoiler
Plenty, the Normal is the only form with an effective long range attack making it invaluable in a tactical sense. Dodging 'any shot' is also unrealistic; against a foe like the Baqto which can fire multiple beams from it's chest you''d be a lot safer with the defense to take the hit. One also has to wonder if the Spallow's light frame could be pushed around by much heavier opponents (again the Baqto)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
PowerdGNFlag

Sume Gai wrote:Lots of good stuff this episode.
Spoiler
-Don Boyage died like a man with his two lackeys but accomplished little in the immediate and practical scheme of things, though I hope his death will cement the Zalam-Euba alliance for future events.
Spoiler
That scene brought to mind Kittan (especially with the "human's wills" line) and Oliver's death scenes. Awesome, touching, and ultimately ineffective.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
SonicSP

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Thing is was that the real Zedas, did they have something in the cockpit, or a really good replica drone?
Most likely the real one, I believe the Zedas has been stated as Decil's personal unit. I also think Vargas was talking about stuff like "pilot is hiding somewhere" or "its an AI" by the end of the last episode. We know nothing about the specific of the UE suits, so they can indeed have very good AI systems for all we know.
Overlord Zaru wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:Thing is was that the real Zedas, did they have something in the cockpit, or a really good replica drone?
I said it already.

Also, for Flit to say that the UE are not humans due to their actions, I kinda laughed.

Mainly because the UE would look tame compared to the Titans, or Zalaites or CE wack-jobs. If he was in CE he may have a nervous breakdown due to "humans shouldn't be doing this to another!"
Flit lives in a relatively peaceful time where warfare is mostly gone since forever (bar small isolated conflicts like Euba and Zalam, and they even later claim that its not even like real warfare when they fight the UE), so I reckon he would have had much higher standards of human peace ideal then in more wartorn universes. And he is still young and idealistic afterall.

It might be one of things you generalize when fighting an enemy, sometimes you can think of the enemy as inhuman and all because they're actions seems cruel by your standards and all.

Grodek seems to agree with him, but I don't know whether its because his purposely going along and trying to manipulating him to being more gung ho about fighting the UE (Flit is his one of his ace cards afterall) or whether he goes by the same standards because of his time.
hotlimit

Spoiler
Fake Ramba Rall went down like a boss! I wasn't too sure, but did Flit lose communications just before he got Don Boyage's final words? How many more old dudes is Flit gonna see kamikaze before he snaps like Camille, hahaha.

I also thought Grodek was gonna slap the one bridge guy with insubordination, but he was all business. Good stuff, but why are Dique and Emily still on board!?
Destiny_Gundam

Why would Grodek slap Adams for insubordination when Grodek is the one likely to get charged with treason?
ShadowCell

because nobody can believe that the Diva's crew can all function together without hitting each other

that just doesn't happen in Gundam
Destiny_Gundam

As far as I'm concerned Grodek has no right to complain if some one disobeys his orders seeing as how he's the worst offender of that. At least Bright was rightfully in charge of the ship.

Back when he told the crew I think that rather than tell them they're all traitors like him now, he should have said "Don't worry, when this is over I'll tell the Federation that you didn't know anything and that I'm the only one at fault."
Evex

Overall it was a nice episode, and I'm glad we weren't teased with the Spallow like we were with the Titus. Now onto some points I found interesting.
Spoiler
I find it nice that Flit isn't restricted to going back to the ship to change out his wear parts, and he isn't stuck in one configuration. I find it interesting that Wolf has the for thought to cover Flit while he goes equip the Spallow parts. I find that was missing in Gundam Seed every time the Strike had to switch out its striker packs mid battle, or even when the Impulse did it during Gundam Seed Destiny.

We see desil finally gets whats been coming to him. For a few episodes we see him saying he's not impressed with the Gundam. Then when the Spallow finally defeats the Zedas, Desil throws a temper tantrum. His tantrum also comes complete with Yark Dore telling him to be careful with the UE suits saying that there hard to acquire. Which makes me wonder, how many of these suits do they have that Yark would be concerned with a few of them being destroyed? Is any one else getting a Gundam 00 Inovade feel from those picture frame communication things?
Raptor

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Spoiler
Being the speed junkie that I am, now that the Spallow has debuted is there any reason for Flit to use the AGE's other forms? It's fast so you can dodge any attacks and it has a blade that can cut anything so a Bakuto's armor should be no problem.
Spoiler
I was actually about to post the same thing. It even has the Needles, so ranged won't be a problem, not that it couldn't have just covered the distance in a flash anyway. Especially agreed about the Baqto's armor, since it easily sliced through the Zedas' sword.

Don Boyage may have gone Bon Voyage, but he went out in style. Also love the line from one of his henchmen about using their weapons on the UE already. Can't remember the wording, but that line was pretty nice.

Sadly, my precious Elmeda didn't much screentime. In fact... one scene, where Ract is retreating. Spallow was quite impressive though.
-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
hotlimit

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Why would Grodek slap Adams for insubordination when Grodek is the one likely to get charged with treason?
Because he's Grodek, don't read too far into these things.
Chris
Administrator

Why are we discussing the reasoning for Grodek doing something that he didn't actually do?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Overlord Zaru

Chris wrote:Why are we discussing the reasoning for Grodek doing something that he didn't actually do?
Beats me. Maybe they were hoping for a Bright Slap.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Destiny_Gundam

It was a rhetorical question. My point was that Grodek had no right to punish Adams for what he did when Grodek himself is in hot water for being insubordinate.

What Adams did was entirely reasonable and harmless anyways. He asked the Feds for reinforcements. That's what Grodek should have done in the first place.
ShadowCell

Um...who here has been arguing that he shouldn't have?

Going against your commander's wishes as Adams did has in Gundam generally been grounds for a bitchslap, so I suppose people can be forgiven for expecting Grodek to break one out in episode 10, and for being surprised when he didn't--probably because he knows at this point that his command over the Diva's crew exists only to the extent that he has the consent of the commanded.

Which is a nice change of pace, to be honest. He's certainly got more maturity about him than Mobile Suit Gundam Bright Noah. So I like that AGE has a captain that, while he wasn't originally supposed to be there, is still more formally fit for the job.

I suppose we'll see how long that lasts. I'm not sure what Emily is going to do on the ship...but hey, that makes two of us.
Ocho

Apparently Dique's a badass:
Spoiler
"I... I won't die alone. I'm gonna take your soul along with me when I go.""Because of your stupidity the earth remains trampled under the feet of fools."
Destiny_Gundam

Your link is more broken than Epyon in Endless Duel. I assume you meant to post this.
ShadowCell

uh

is that, like, official lineart or a concept or something, or is that fanart, or is that an animator's twitter feed, or what
Overlord Zaru

ShadowCell wrote:uh

is that, like, official lineart or a concept or something, or is that fanart, or is that an animator's twitter feed, or what
Who the heck knows.

Although the Dante guy looks to be Madorna and his wife's kid. Not Wolf, not Dique.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
NastyNate

Judging from the preview of the next episode, I am predicting an awkward walk in by Emily while tiffa mk 2 is giving flit that passionate hug.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ