The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Sume Gai

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk II

ShadowCell wrote:Um...who here has been arguing that he shouldn't have?

Going against your commander's wishes as Adams did has in Gundam generally been grounds for a bitchslap, so I suppose people can be forgiven for expecting Grodek to break one out in episode 10, and for being surprised when he didn't.
Just going against the captain's wishes isn't grounds for physical discipline IMO. Most "Brightslaps" come when a character behaves unprofessionally or selfishly. In Adams' case his actions were that of an admirably loyal solder, calling for allies at a time of need rather than outright ignore protocol to rush into an enemy nest.

Admittedly we've seen enough evidence that suggests Grudek suspected how the Federation would respond to a request for help but his stated reasons doesn't mena he shouldn't have tried. I imagine saving his own skin long enough to accomplish his goals, noble as they may be, could be the real reason he never asked the federation for assistance.

[speculation]Unfortunately I get the feeling Adams' actions are going to wind up getting Grudek caught by the Federation at the end of Generation One. an event which will bring the 'crusade' to a halt but hopefully give the Federation the tools to fight against the UE in the next gen.[/speculation]
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
reeoyuy

NastyNate wrote:Judging from the preview of the next episode, I am predicting an awkward walk in by Emily while tiffa mk 2 is giving flit that passionate hug.
Hopefully. I feel like Emily vs Yurin love rivalry isn't fleshed enough in the anime. In episode 2 when Vargas contacting Flit about Dodds Rifle via video call , Emily should notice Yurin sitting in Flit's lap. Her reaction? Nothing. In episode 3, after Yurin gave her ribbon, Emily didn't say anything like "Who's that girl?". It was Dique who said that.
Ocho

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Your link is more broken than Epyon in Endless Duel. I assume you meant to post this.
lol! Although very cool, I actually meant to post this Dique who:
Spoiler
takes the Age device and is now evil
"I... I won't die alone. I'm gonna take your soul along with me when I go.""Because of your stupidity the earth remains trampled under the feet of fools."
Strike Zero

NastyNate wrote:Judging from the preview of the next episode, I am predicting an awkward walk in by Emily while tiffa mk 2 is giving flit that passionate hug.
I sure hope that happens. Here we've got the perfect setup for a delicious love triangle, yet so far there's been nothing but an absolute shortage in the Jelly department. It makes me sad. :(

Speaking of romantic developments, it seems that Millais is actually starting to warm up to Woolf! Too bad this means that Woolf's going to end up pulling a Sleggar and die heroically/tragically. :(

Loved the Spallow; it didn't manage to be as fun as the Titus with its beam spiked shoulders and knees, but it certainly ended up being a lot more useful, since it's faster than the untouchable Zedas and is apparently equipped with the Sword That Cleaves Evil (I chuckled a bit when Vargas said "ITOU RYOUDAN~!"). Will be looking forward to seeing more of what it can do.

Am I the only one here who was left slapping his head after Don Boyage's big "sacrifice?" What the balls was that? Yeah, sure, it was really badass and manly and all that good stuff, but then he rammed his suit into the ship and... accomplished nothing? He might as well have flown back towards the Diva in the opposite direction -- he clearly had enough steam to make it back! Or at the very least, give the dude the honor of showing that his last stand had some kind of effect on the enemy! Bloody heck, talk about a waste.

Yurin's imminent appearance next week currently has my inner pedobear very excited. I will most assuredly be waiting for that. :D
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
E08

About Don's sacrifice, i may be wrong here but I dont think we have never seen anything UE related withstanding something exploding right in their face. Even if we did, Don and Co probably did not know about it. Sure, they can withstand Don and Co's attack but i suppose exploding like that is another matter.

His sacrifice in the end did not deal them any damage but i think the meaning behind it is much more. It may just inspire the rest to fight harder. It may also send a message to UE that if human want to fights, they will fight to the last man standing.
Destiny_Gundam

reeoyuy wrote:Hopefully. I feel like Emily vs Yurin love rivalry isn't fleshed enough in the anime. In episode 2 when Vargas contacting Flit about Dodds Rifle via video call , Emily should notice Yurin sitting in Flit's lap. Her reaction? Nothing.
Actually we see things from Emily's side of the call and the screen is completely zoomed in on Flit. You can't make Yurin out at all.

I did think Don's sacrifice was too drawn out. He took too long to crash into the ship. Quick deaths are more effective than "I got a few minutes before I go so let me say a few things..." deaths.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Robertthecrimson

The Don's death may have had meaning symbolically but tactically it was meaningless.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

At the same time folks, did anyone honestly expect Don's ramming his remains of his mecha into the massive mothership would do ANYTHING? I didn't, in fact, I was hoping that it would do nothing and I wasn't dissapointed.

I know that sounds horrible, but realistically? Yeah there is no way his suicide run would have done something...I mean it wasn't like he was in Trans-Am or something.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
yazi88

Soma Taozi wrote:At the same time folks, did anyone honestly expect Don's ramming his remains of his mecha into the massive mothership would do ANYTHING? I didn't, in fact, I was hoping that it would do nothing and I wasn't dissapointed.

I know that sounds horrible, but realistically? Yeah there is no way his suicide run would have done something...I mean it wasn't like he was in Trans-Am or something.
If UE mobile suits can survive point blank detonations of grunt Zaram/Euba units without a scratch, then it shouldn't be surprising that the battleship can as well.
Ocho

Robertthecrimson wrote:The Don's death may have had meaning symbolically but tactically it was meaningless.
Tactically it was not meaningless. Any great tactician/strategist understands that morale means everything in battle. I'm sure Don knew (in the back of his mind) that kamikazing into the ship would do nothing to it. But the simple fact that he hit it while rallying his people would be enough to cause the soldiers to become crazed. And that my friend is fire.
"I... I won't die alone. I'm gonna take your soul along with me when I go.""Because of your stupidity the earth remains trampled under the feet of fools."
ShadowCell

Well, Don's death does appear to have cemented the Zalam-Euba alliance. Certainly seemed to leave an impression on Ract. So it wasn't really a pointless death, like Oliver from Victory or something.
Vent Noir

Anyone else worried that Yurin will get Lalah'd?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Ocho

Vent Noir wrote:Anyone else worried that Yurin will get Lalah'd?
Yea she does seem rather motherly to Flit but lets hope they use her better than that...
Strike Zero

Yes.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arsarcana

hotlimit wrote:
Spoiler
Fake Ramba Rall went down like a boss! I wasn't too sure, but did Flit lose communications just before he got Don Boyage's final words?
No, right after the fact you could hear what was said to him. They presumably cut the audio during the call for dramatic reasons.
Raptor wrote:I was actually about to post the same thing. It even has the Needles, so ranged won't be a problem, not that it couldn't have just covered the distance in a flash anyway.
More a Mecha topic but... no particular evidence about how effective the things are and they probably have a fairly limited ammo supply. The Normal has more armor and a better ranged option (and you can aim it much easier) so I don't see the Spallow replacing the other options any more than the Titus replaced the Normal.
VentZX

ShadowCell wrote:Well, Don's death does appear to have cemented the Zalam-Euba alliance. Certainly seemed to leave an impression on Ract. So it wasn't really a pointless death, like Oliver from Victory or something.
AND Don didn't waste a valuable prototype core fighter, but rather a useless piece of junk that wasn't good for much of anything even before it got torn to shreds. So yeah, the explosion didn't do much of anything, but as you said, it inspired lots of people to not give up fighting.
latenlazy

Why worry about something that's 100% certain?
zerogradius

I think the only question is when. Will it happen when Flit is a kid, an adult, or, if he lives that long, as an old man.
Overlord Zaru

zerogradius wrote:
I think the only question is when. Will it happen when Flit is a kid, an adult, or, if he lives that long, as an old man.
It will happen soon. Magazine art basically had our Newtype soul flash.

Only without the nudity.

And I'll laugh that if she does kick it, he and Emily have a one night stand. Thus, Asem's hate for Flit as seen in the promo art.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
ShadowCell

uh

how did you get that out of the promo art