Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm 
Mecha Flunky

I have watched the original Macross and Macross 7. We know what happened with Maximillian Jenius in 7, but how about Hikaru? what happened to him after the original series?
I also heard Robotech shadow chronicles showed Rick Hunter, but I haven't watch that movie yet, is it canon or not? My point is : should I watch that movie to know what happened to Hikaru after the original series ? Or Rick Hunter is different from Hikaru? I'm confused.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:58 pm 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

What happens in Shadow Chronicles has nothing to do with the Macross canon.

Hikaru disappeared somewhere in deep space with Minmey, Misa, and the rest of their fleet. We're likely never to find out what happened because the creator has said their story is over.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
What happens in Shadow Chronicles has nothing to do with the Macross canon.

Hikaru disappeared somewhere in deep space with Minmey, Misa, and the rest of their fleet. We're likely never to find out what happened because the creator has said their story is over.

This, the dissappearance of the Deep Space fleet commanded by Misa Hayase is referenced a few times in Macross Frontier.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:10 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

I really wouldn't recommend watching Shadow Chronicles so if you have to know, he shows up on screen for less than three minutes over a video conference and promptly disappears for the rest of the pilot... I mean movie. The rest of the pilot is about trying to go off and find him.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

If you really want to know what happened to Rick, who is from Robotech and has his own continuity separate from Hikaru, I recommend the unfinished/canceled "Robotech II: The Sentinels" series (the first few episodes of which are collected into an official dvd movie) and then follow-up by reading the 5-book novelization of Robotech: The Sentinels, and its sequel*, by Jack McKinney. (Books: The Devil's Hand, Dark Powers, Death Dance, World Killers, Rubicon, and *End of the Circle).

The Shadow Chronicles was an attempt to erase/recon the previous books and movie, but it didn't turn out any better in my mind. Shadow Chronicles was pretty mediocre at best, and didn't sit right with me. Despite its flaws, I prefer the direction of The Sentinels as a RT sequel. And it covers not only Rick, but Lisa and the others, as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech_II:_The_Sentinels
http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/bibliography/novels/ (scroll down for Sentinels book covers/ISBNs)

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga