Geography in Turn A Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ArkeotheHedgehog

Geography in Turn A Gundam

Hi guys. Sorry for yet another Turn A topic getting posted, but I couldn't find the information I was looking for at any other place on the Internet. Hopefully you fine folks will be able to help me out.

My questions are these:
1. Before I get too involved, does anybody have or know of a map of the world as it exists in Turn A Gundam?
2. If question 1. comes back as "no" - what information do we have about the geography of the series?

Obviously "Ameria" is North America and the Luzianna fiefdom is a large fuedal government controlling the American Southeast. Bostonia is similarly some kind of federated government in the Northeast, presumably based in what used to be New England. Outside of that, I'm clueless. This lack of information is really getting in the way of my enjoying the show to the fullest.

Thanks again, guys. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans!
Chris
Administrator

Re: Geography in Turn A Gundam

There's really not much to say about Turn A's geography. Obviously, there's no world unity and everything is broken up into small fiefdoms. And future names of places are just corruptions of the current names, so it's not too hard to figure out where anything is taking place.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
ArkeotheHedgehog

Well, you're right. But that's what I already knew. My main issue is the breadth of these fiefdoms. For example, what is the sphere of influence of Luziana? Is the trek to the Zacktraeger through Mexico? If so, that would explain why our heroes regularly go through deserts (had to cross Texas) and such but if that's the case then several days must pass between each episode. I don't know why this bothers me so much. But a map showing the locations would be of great use to me.
Murra

ArkeotheHedgehog wrote:For example, what is the sphere of influence of Luziana?
Economical, political, or social? Either way, the more important question is why should it matter?
ArkeotheHedgehog wrote:Is the trek to the Zacktraeger through Mexico?
Seeing as they meet native people remeniscent of ancient South America, and Mexico is a perfectly fine land mass connecting North and South, I shall hazard a yes.
ArkeotheHedgehog wrote:but if that's the case then several days must pass between each episode.
And? Even TV shows with a close running narrative rarely have a real-time structure. Between each episode they had a few off days where nothing much happened. What's wrong with this?
AmuroNT1

Actually, as it turns out there IS a map of Ameria. This comes from the Turn A Gundam Art Works book, which is an incredible source of art and information (I added the English labels).

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... riaMap.png

Additionally, the site where the heroes head into space is called Machu Picchu, but going by the maps, it's located in Colombia, approximately where Buenaventura is.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ArkeotheHedgehog

thank you so much, AmuroNT1.

We can close the thread now, if that's cool with you guys. Sorry to be a bother, but I get hung up on details like these.
Kyuzo Aoi

I am sorry if I resurrected an old thread...

I found a fan describing the world of Turn-A Gundam, at least in Ameria...

http://mdc01957.deviantart.com/art/Turn ... -311049571

There are some differences, though.
I am a Gundam!