Toonami, its offical....

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
jroy1117

Toonami, its offical....

Well sometimes hell does freeze over... Quoting Adult Swim's twiter:

[adult swim] ‏ @adultswim

Attention Toonami Faithful: We heard you. On 05.26.12 #ToonamisBackBitches

http://ow.ly/i/D8Rj

and they now have a site:

http://www.adultswim.com/toonami
Last edited by jroy1117 on Wed May 16, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Want You for the War on: U.C. Puritans, Wing Jihadists, and Seed Zealots.

"Veni, vidi, Deus Vicit"
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Toonami, its offical....

I'll be a son of Gundam... they did it. They actually did it! BUT I'm not sure if this will work out. Especially if they turn it into some kind of Nostalgia Hour.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

Four weeks in people will complain "it's not as good as old Toonami!" :P I'll take interest once I see a lineup.
SlowTurtle

I don't give a rats back side if it is Nostalgia Hour. Toonami is back and thats all that matters.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
steeltamashii

New toonami seems a little sketchy. I mean, toonami without DBZ and Gundam would be a tad depressing.
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
LightningCount

The rap that helped promote this by the guy who made those Gundam Wing rap songs mentioned that he'd like to see the once-optioned Big-O Season 3. And Toonami's saying in their press releases that they'll have original anime productions. Could Big-O 3 finally happen?! That'd be amazing.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
jroy1117

Well it looks like they are going to take a balanced approach according to the anime news network:

"Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network that is paired with Cartoon Network, has revealed that the network is developing "new original anime programming" for the return of the Toonami programming block. Previous series featured on the block will also make their return. "

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... rogramming
I Want You for the War on: U.C. Puritans, Wing Jihadists, and Seed Zealots.

"Veni, vidi, Deus Vicit"
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Update....and a line-up.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/inter ... -on-may-26

A lot of Bleach going on...which makes sense considering it is popular. I find it interesting the BOTH FMA and FMAB is going to be playing. But I do hope they throw some new things into the mix...like Fairy Tail!

I do wish that they would put in Gundam 00 as well. Think about it, Gundam Wing got so many American fans into Gundam...and some people see Gundam 00 as a "reboot" of Wing (at least at first). So I think it would be fitting to get a new wave of Gundam fans into the show by putting 00 in...or just put Wing back on...whatever works :)

Either way, this is great news, and if this becomes a success it would be great for the anime industry!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
DuelGundam2099

*reads line up* Nothing I'm interested in, I will wait until Sunday's lineup is announced.
Toxicity

I hope the late night time slot does Toonami justice, seems like getting moved from the weekday afternoons to saturday night was the beginning of the end for the original run.
Deacon Blues

There's a whole lot of nothing going on with that come back.

Sorry guys, the glory days have passed. Let the dead stay dead and quit beating the horse.
Amion

Deacon Blues wrote:There's a whole lot of nothing going on with that come back.

Sorry guys, the glory days have passed. Let the dead stay dead and quit beating the horse.

Sadly, this seems to be the case. It's basically a bleach and FMA fest. But hey, maybe they'll bring in a new lineup in the future, you never know....
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
mcred23

Everyone does understand that is basically the same lineup they've been running on Saturday nights for quite some time now, right? They may start calling it Toonami in two weeks instead of Adult Swim, but it's not that different from what they'll air this Saturday (Check May 19th), and that basic lineup with Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Durarara, FLCL, Cowboy Beebop, and Ghost in the Shell has been there for months, if not years...

That doesn't mean they can't or won't change things at some point down the line, but basically at the moment, this is nothing more than a cosmetic change. :roll:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
AmuroNT1

Actually, they haven't updated their schedule since April, and I'm pretty sure CN has confirmed that's not the correct schedule.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
steeltamashii

Soma Taozi wrote: I do wish that they would put in Gundam 00 as well. Think about it, Gundam Wing got so many American fans into Gundam...and some people see Gundam 00 as a "reboot" of Wing (at least at first). So I think it would be fitting to get a new wave of Gundam fans into the show by putting 00 in...or just put Wing back on...whatever works :)
As much as i would LOVE 00 being in the new Toonami, is that even still possible? I mean now that Bandai has pretty much left the American end of the anime industry, would they still be able to put any Gundam show on TV now?
Outlaw

Deacon Blues wrote:Sorry guys, the glory days have passed. Let the dead stay dead and quit beating the horse.
Eh, one man's dead horse is another man's glorious return. I'll be keeping my giddiness/cynicism in check until I have a better feel on where it's going.
steeltamashii wrote:As much as i would LOVE 00 being in the new Toonami, is that even still possible? I mean now that Bandai has pretty much left the American end of the anime industry, would they still be able to put any Gundam show on TV now?
They left the publishing business, I believe they are still licensing shows; or at least that's what I recall discussing in the topic.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Sume Gai

Outlaw wrote:
steeltamashii wrote:As much as i would LOVE 00 being in the new Toonami, is that even still possible? I mean now that Bandai has pretty much left the American end of the anime industry, would they still be able to put any Gundam show on TV now?
They left the publishing business, I believe they are still licensing shows; or at least that's what I recall discussing in the topic.
I've seen the same numerous times and beyond that [AS] still broadcasts Big O and Cowboy Bebop both of which are Bandai properties over here (along with much of the April Fools broadcast line up)

The Sticking point here though could be Syfy/Stars Media who got 00 (and Gurren Lagann) on the air for the now absent AniMondays block. It seems possible but if either company is stubborn about 00 then it likely won't hit adult Swim. So in summary, it's possible, if unlikely.

Ya know one show I think could and should be on the block if it gets new material? Tiger and Bunny. Viz has provided a lot of offerings to Toonami and Adult Swim and that show is bloody made to be on American television. Beyond that imagine how the show could ride the current superhero Craze.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
steeltamashii

Sume Gai wrote:
Outlaw wrote:
I've seen the same numerous times and beyond that [AS] still broadcasts Big O and Cowboy Bebop both of which are Bandai properties over here (along with much of the April Fools broadcast line up)

The Sticking point here though could be Syfy/Stars Media who got 00 (and Gurren Lagann) on the air for the now absent AniMondays block. It seems possible but if either company is stubborn about 00 then it likely won't hit adult Swim. So in summary, it's possible, if unlikely.
That's a good point. Although I don't think Syfy/Stars media has done that in the past, I could seem them pulling a Harmony Gold with 00.
Amion

AmuroNT1 wrote:Actually, they haven't updated their schedule since April, and I'm pretty sure CN has confirmed that's not the correct schedule.
If this is true, the cosmetic upgrade is really just the beginning. A new schedule will probably be worked out in the future. Instead of flying off at full speed, it looks to me like Toonami is testing the waters before it jumps in and wastes money. not a bad plan, if this is what their doing.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Sume Gai

From my cable guide I can confirm new content from Toonami. Deadman Wonderland at 1:30 and Casshern Siins at 2:00
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern