Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:33 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 47
I don't get why you don't see the ZZ Gundam atleast once in the entire opening... All they do is show the Zeta constantly. Were they planning on using the Zeta for the whole show at the beginning or something?

Also why bother showing Char? He's not even in the series...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:34 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 5909
Location: California
looks like someone hasn't seen more than the first few episodes of ZZ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:44 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 45
You still see Zeta a lot throughout Double Zeta. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the intro. I find it pretty odd that they show Char there myself.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:53 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:20 am
Posts: 598
No odder than showing the surviving White Base crew in the opening of Zeta. It's said Char was going to show up halfway through ZZ...until CCA got greenlighted and his role was assumed by Glemmy. If Char had been around, it would have made his appearance in the first opening for ZZ more understandable.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:11 am 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:06 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: 미합중국 버지니아주 페어팩스군
I strongly suggest watching more of the series before asking these kinds of questions.

_________________
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl


Make sure to check out the RPG section - We're about to start a new VOTOMS RPG!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:25 am 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 45
Black Knight wrote:
No odder than showing the surviving White Base crew in the opening of Zeta. It's said Char was going to show up halfway through ZZ...until CCA got greenlighted and his role was assumed by Glemmy. If Char had been around, it would have made his appearance in the first opening for ZZ more understandable.


A lot of the White base crew appear in Zeta at points and Char isn't in Double Zeta at all, never mind that he was supposedly supposed to be in the show.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:33 am 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:20 am
Posts: 598
Sure, but since most of the WB crew doesn't start showing up until about episode 13, it was odd that they'd been in the opening credits for three months by that time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:39 am 
Offline
Bald Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Posts: 4588
Location: Miami, FL
Ciel wrote:
I don't get why you don't see the ZZ Gundam atleast once in the entire opening... All they do is show the Zeta constantly. Were they planning on using the Zeta for the whole show at the beginning or something?


I could make the same complaint about why the first opening for Zeta only shows the Mk II the whole time, but that wouldn't make sense, would it? You usually never see the midseries upgrade show up in the first opening of a Gundam series. The only exception is Zeta Gundam itself, where you see the Zeta's head in shadows, and it's so early on that it's not even the final design.

_________________
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 am 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 pm
Posts: 36
Location: USA
I think amuro was also in one of the zz openings. o well doesn't matter now cause he is dead. :lol: :lol:

_________________
Francheska is a horrible colony.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:08 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 363
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ciel wrote:
I don't get why you don't see the ZZ Gundam atleast once in the entire opening... All they do is show the Zeta constantly. Were they planning on using the Zeta for the whole show at the beginning or something?

Also why bother showing Char? He's not even in the series...


1. the double zeta doesn't actually appear until the show hits double digits

2. once the double zeta appears, then the OP has nothing BUT the double zeta.


This is a serious question and not sarcastic: this isn't your first time watching gundam show is it? Can you think of another series where they actually show the mid season upgrade gundam in the first OP sequence? G Gundam? nope Seed? nope, 00? Nope.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:00 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:16 am
Posts: 62
What about CCA? They showed the Nu Gundam's head before the opening credits. Does that count?

This is a tricky game we're playing...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:26 am
Posts: 1219
Nu was actively under construction at the time (and it was a plot point) and CCA was a movie, not a fifty episode TV series. Try again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:16 am
Posts: 62
Arsarcana wrote:
Nu was actively under construction at the time (and it was a plot point) and CCA was a movie, not a fifty episode TV series. Try again.

Technicalities! Well, damn, I'm stumped.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:06 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: 미합중국 버지니아주 페어팩스군
Arsarcana wrote:
Nu was actively under construction at the time (and it was a plot point) and CCA was a movie, not a fifty episode TV series. Try again.


He was obviously doing a comedy post, bro ;)

_________________
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl


Make sure to check out the RPG section - We're about to start a new VOTOMS RPG!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:13 pm 
Offline
Determined Shonen Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 4359
Location: A blue City in a red State
Spiegel wrote:
What about CCA? They showed the Nu Gundam's head before the opening credits. Does that count?

This is a tricky game we're playing...

Given that the Nu is the only Gundam to appear in the movie, not really.

_________________
// ART/PS STUFF THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //
// GSD REWRITE PROJECT // COMPLETED 03/30/14
"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:22 pm
Posts: 546
Location: Armoury One, L4.
kayone73 wrote:
This is a serious question and not sarcastic: this isn't your first time watching gundam show is it? Can you think of another series where they actually show the mid season upgrade gundam in the first OP sequence? G Gundam? nope Seed? nope, 00? Nope.

I think SEED comes closest; we get our first peek at Freedom in the "Moment" OP, numero 2, which began its run a good 20 episodes (14-ish; Freedom made its debut in 34) before Kira upgraded his mount.

It fails the key criteria, of course, being the second opening, but for one of these modern four-OP series that's fairly close, eh? :roll:

_________________
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:25 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:16 am
Posts: 62
Dendrobium Stamen wrote:
kayone73 wrote:
This is a serious question and not sarcastic: this isn't your first time watching gundam show is it? Can you think of another series where they actually show the mid season upgrade gundam in the first OP sequence? G Gundam? nope Seed? nope, 00? Nope.

I think SEED comes closest; we get our first peek at Freedom in the "Moment" OP, numero 2, which began its run a good 20 episodes (14-ish; Freedom made its debut in 34) before Kira upgraded his mount.

It fails the key criteria, of course, being the second opening, but for one of these modern four-OP series that's fairly close, eh? :roll:

I'm sorry, like I was told for my very serious post, yours does not count. "Try again."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I suppose your example is the closest so far, though. However, how many episodes is it before we get the Zeta's intro in Zeta Gundam? It may be a number comparable to what we're talking about with Freedom and SEED.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:22 pm
Posts: 546
Location: Armoury One, L4.
Spiegel wrote:
I'm sorry, like I was told for my very serious post, yours does not count. "Try again."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I suppose your example is the closest so far, though. However, how many episodes is it before we get the Zeta's intro in Zeta Gundam? It may be a number comparable to what we're talking about with Freedom and SEED.

Well, this is The Internet you know, it's all Extremely Serious Business, so I'm told :wink:

As for Zeta, I think the silhouette of its head (or an early concept of it, at least) is present right from the start, so it wins on that front. It's not quite as explicit as Freedom, being a silhouetted head of an early design concept, but it certainly fulfils the dreams of every YouTube commenter by being First...

_________________
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 am 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 4:28 am
Posts: 583
Location: HRL southern area, West Java
Char and Zeta Gundam aside, I wonder what's that gigantic wall rising up on the moon. The one with circuit-board like surface. I don't remember any moon-based superfortress appeared in ZZ. Also Mashymre posing together with the kids. Maybe he was supposed to switch sides?

_________________
I have no signature except a shameless plug for my own blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ZZ opening....
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:21 am 
Offline
Newtype Emo Guy
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am
Posts: 301
The one thing that made me think in ZZ is the ape evolution...Judau descended from apes!

_________________
I am a Gundam!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: