Autumn 2011 Anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Autumn 2011 Anime

List

On the mecha front, we've got Gundam AGE, Busou Shinki Moon Angel, and Guilty Crown. Other shows I'm interested in are Persona 4 the Animation, Chihayafuru, Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam (I need to get around to watching those DVDs of the original that I've had sitting around for ages), Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, and Shakugan no Shana III.

What about the rest of you?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
quasadra

Re: Autumn 2011 Anime

-Gundam Age: i might have flamed it, but i will still watch it :P

-Guilty Crown: the staff behind this seems quite solid, its my most anticipated show this season.

-Persona 4: because my ps2 died before i can start playing the game.

-Ika Musume: its season 1 was hilarious, i recommended those interested in comedy to watch this.

-Fate/Zero: read a few pages of its novel, and found it quite interesting.

-Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: i shall check this out of curiosity.

-Mirai Nikki: for gore and yandere.

-Shana: i follow the previous 2 season, might as well finish it.

that said, i am not sure how much of it i am going to stick to the end.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Vent Noir

quasadra wrote: -Guilty Crown: the staff behind this seems quite solid, its my most anticipated show this season.
Of course, being a wrestling fan, the fact that the resistance organisation's called "Undertaker" makes me wonder if they employ the Chokeslam, Last Ride and Tombstone Piledriver to make their enemies Rest In Peace...

EDIT: Oh, and have this as their theme music.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Shinigam_Newtype

Unfortunately, I don't really watch anime so i can't contribute to this discussion but I'm really curious about Gundam AGE; on one hand I haven't seen or heard a single thing I've liked about it but i'm patiently waiting for that first episode. If I don't like the series, at least I'll be informed.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
ShonenNinja

Let's see...
Except for AGE, season 2 of Squid Girl, and that new Lupin III series, I'm really not that interested for the fall lineup. Shana would be a interest but I need to really catch up...

At least it's something until Gode Geass Gaiden comes out in the winter...
Dark Duel

Yes, I certainly am fairly eager to see what that new Code Geass gaiden (Bōkoku no Akito) is like...

As to the Fall lineup, the only ones that really interest me are Gundam AGE, Unicorn Ep 4, and Fate/Zero, though I may check out Guilty Crown.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
quasadra

@Vent Noir: maybe that is how they will name their weapons... :P
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Another OVA of Ah My Goddess? Hell ya!

For those who think it is a girly show, think again. It is pretty awesome! The music is amazing, the humor is original and not overdone, and the characters are fun and yet flawed. It really is a nice break especially if you are used to watching serious, grim, death filled drama's.

I started watching Ah My Goddess after I watched Evangelion and Fafner. It made me believe in love again. Plus every episode really cheers a person up. Trust me I just couldn't stop smiling after I watched it.

So another OVA of it can only be a good thing :)
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Saikuba

They're making a new Lupin III? That should be worth checking out.

Though with all the adventures that Lupin III and his gang have had, I wonder if it would be worthwhile eventually checking out some other Lupin. It would be cool to see an adaptation of the original Arsene Lupin books, or maybe a Lupin II or Lupin IV.
awesome78

Hmmmm... Interesting line-up they got. Probably gonna check out Gundam Age, HunterxHunter, Lupin the III, and Guilty Crown. Probably Working!! for the per lulz.
Vent Noir

As mentioned in the Gundamn! AX special thread, I got to see the preview screening of Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing at Manifest yesterday, and really enjoyed it.

This season looks like it's going to have more anime I'm interested in than there have been for quite a while.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter