The Official Gundam: The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
kayone73

Re: Another Gundam Incoming

RLZIII wrote:
J-Lead wrote:Huh...His response to Deacky's previous tweet was something like "I'm not allowed to talk about it...UC perhaps?" If this announcement has to do with whatever Okawara was talking about before, he's probably trying not to get in trouble.
This is more correct. Deacon's question was:

"大河原さん、アメリカから今晩は。無理だけど、来年のガンダム発表についてもう少し詳細な情報がほしいです。お願いします。宇宙世紀?未来世紀? 新ガンダムか?英語のガンダムコミュニティーは興奮でざわめいている。お返事、待ってます。どうもありがとう orz"

And Okawara's response was:

"御免なさい。守秘義務が有りまして、、、。宇宙世紀?"

Which translates to essentially what you paraphrased, minus the "perhaps" part. The last part is just "Universal Century?" I'm not sure why Okawara even said this last part, and I don't think it's ever been clear. It seems like he is trying to hint at something; but that kinda goes against him also saying that he cannot talk about the subject.
The funny thing is, even if the interview is perfectly translated into english, I would still disregard everything said, because it's pretty inherent in japanese culture to never be direct and to the point about ANYTHING. Especially when they want to keep things secret. So I don't expect any solid facts about any upcoming releases until the official announcement day, then its all solid facts with little window dressing, even then, details are kept intentionally vague as possible.
Deacon Blues

I wonder if it has anything to do with Tomino's 『はじめたいキャピタルGの物語』 that was serialized in Gundam Ace a while back.
BloodKnight

This "news" has got me really excited, but I feel like in the end the announcement will let me down. I guess we will find out this weekend.
darkhunger

Annnouncement was leaked by Gundam Ace advanced copies - Gundam the Origin is turning into an anime!

Debate on whether Char is one or two people begins... Now!
TurnX

I'm curious to see what medium this takes. I somehow doubt they will try and push 2 Gundam shows on TV at the same time, so I see this as either a 12+ episode OVA or we will end up waiting 2 years or so for this to air after AGE.
Destiny_Gundam

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... me-project

I'm sure the Gundamn crew are crapping their pants.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Koshernova

Hopers and dreamers: THE DREAM IS ALIVE.

I hope it is a good, complete adaptation of the manga story. I can't wait to see Yaz's artwork adapted into a high-budget animated production.
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
Zeonic Glory

I am quite pleased with this announcement. Already looking forward to it.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
pd771

This is a really smart move by Bandai. It will help ring in some of the older kids who may be turned off by Gundam Age while at the same time pleasing the hardcore UC fanbase. New fans who are interested will be drawn into the HGUC line plus they can re-release many of their models with limited changes. On top of that, they can attempt to restart their push of the Universal Century into foreign markets with a much more appealing product then the original Gundam. This will be a success and has a chance (albeit slim) to make Gundam more of a truly popular global product.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Mu La Flaga

Gundam the Origin as an anime, wow this will probably please lots of people.
Including the Gundam AGE haters lurking around youtube.

I look forward to this one.
Dark Duel

Give me a second to put my jaw back into place, it just dropped to the floor.
TWO anime projects announced at the same time? HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME.
And not only that, it's The Origin?
Words fail me.

I can't wait to see how this turns out. It's gonna be great.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

Yes! We'll finally (hopefully) see glorious pre-OYW stuff animated! I'm elated.
SNT1

I guess the extreme wings of Gundam fanbase are rejoicing (AGE potential fans and UC purists), with also some taking in Frozen teardrop Wing stuff for those in the middle (me!)

I would actually look forward to this---the only downside being MORE 0079 kits that 85% I could give 2 bleeps about. I would like to see some animated 0079 without the QUALITY business.

So, for someone who hasn't read Origin (me), would this be akin to a 'reboot?' Or an Alternate UC (similar to Marvel comics having different alternate universes featuring the same characters)?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
pd771

SNT1 wrote:I guess the extreme wings of Gundam fanbase are rejoicing (AGE potential fans and UC purists), with also some taking in Frozen teardrop Wing stuff for those in the middle (me!)

I would actually look forward to this---the only downside being MORE 0079 kits that 85% I could give 2 bleeps about. I would like to see some animated 0079 without the QUALITY business.

So, for someone who hasn't read Origin (me), would this be akin to a 'reboot?' Or an Alternate UC (similar to Marvel comics having different alternate universes featuring the same characters)?
For what I understand it's more of a reboot that goes more in depth on the background of many of the characters and the history of Zeon (including the Battle of Loum). There are some differences, such as the Guncannon and Guntank existing prior to the war. I also believe they flip when Jaburo and Odessa happen in the timeline.

As for Frozen Teardrop, there just wasn't enough story written for it to be adapted, even if they eventually want to.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

SNT1

It's a shame that Frozen Teardrop's content is sparse like you said, but I do care about Gunpla than I do visual entertainment, and I'm at least happy that the AC Wing universe is at full force in the Gunpla lines today.

Crazy stuff, this Origin thing is. From what it sounds like, it's like the Evangelion manga, which I'm sure at least 80% of it had nothing to do with the anime.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
pd771

SNT1 wrote:It's a shame that Frozen Teardrop's content is sparse like you said, but I do care about Gunpla than I do visual entertainment, and I'm at least happy that the AC Wing universe is at full force in the Gunpla lines today.

Crazy stuff, this Origin thing is. From what it sounds like, it's like the Evangelion manga, which I'm sure at least 80% of it had nothing to do with the anime.
It seems to streamline the series and take out many of the more childish elements of the original series, while at the same time giving more detail to the iconic characters like Ramba Ral and Dozle. It's probably going to become my favorite rendition of the OYW.

The mech designs will be interesting. I have some of the English editions of Origin, but I've ever seen pictures of the redesigned Gouf, Dom, Gyan, or Gelgoog. I want to see what's different from the originals. All the subtle differences between the MSG Gundam and Origin Gundam made sense, so I hope that applies for all the suits.

Imperial

Animated Origin? Wow, I never thought I would see the day.

I may break my anime sabbatical for this.
This space for rent
J-Lead

WHELP! Guess who just fell back in love with Gundam!

That FIX metal composite RX-78-02 is starting to look mighty attractive right about now...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
pd771

J-Lead wrote:WHELP! Guess who just fell back in love with Gundam!

That FIX metal composite RX-78-02 is starting to look mighty attractive right about now...
You may want to wait, just because I'm sure they'll have an Origin version which will have the shoulder cannon and the weapon hatch.

MS-05DS

The Origin becoming anime??? i never this could be happen....
i like Bandai pleasing the two side of Gundam fan, the old ones and the new ones.
"POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Jeremy Clarkson