The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk 1

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
nacho-wan

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk 1

"commander escape route. I can't believe i kept a straight face saying that"
LOL at the colony commander.

I really liked the new captain. He is an ally of justice. Ready to hack databases and kidnap people to help the cause.

As for Flint. He has yet to learn his craft as a pilot. Anybody else would have use thrusters or at least ran to the docking bay instead of taking the Gundam for a walk. Still, he is very calm even in the face of danger, as it fight again the UE showed.

Regarding the new girl, she is very uncanny at this moment. Surely she will evolve in a mayor plot point and romantic rival to Emily.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Ouroboric

How old is Flint supposed to be again ?
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power
kayone73

Ouroboric wrote:How old is Flint supposed to be again ?
Flit Asuno - 14 years old at the start of his story.
Asemu Asuno - 15 years old at the start of his story
Kio Asuno 13 years old at the start of his story
APendragon wrote:
How it comes up with a sudden and super-effective weapon in the first place, though, will be interesting to hear a good explanation of, especially without taking a good long time to sit and scan a Gafran or anything.
Weapon was designed based on the combat data from ep 1, not from anything done in ep 2 on the fly
Brave Fencer Kirby

Episode 2 took place like 15 minutes after episode 1. The fact that it could apparently design an advanced new weapon based on data gathered immediately before while being transported basically means it can do so on the fly.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
kayone73

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:Episode 2 took place like 15 minutes after episode 1. The fact that it could apparently design an advanced new weapon based on data gathered immediately before while being transported basically means it can do so on the fly.
Actually more like several hours. 15 min is just real time from the viewers perspective.
APendragon

Yeah, the Diva was to launch 5 hours after they realized the colony was gonna die, so it was nearly, if not at least 5 hours between the first fight and when the Builder made the gun.

At least it doesn't totally handwave it, and it is based off of combat data, but that wasn't much combat data. A couple failed shots and some shanking and it was over. I don't have a big problem with it or anything, I just hope its future uses aren't so...quick and profound.

I love its inclusion though, definitely a new take on the usual formula.
ShadowCell

oh hey, time for a new thread.

stand by.