The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk 1

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: New Gundam Series this Fall, announcement in June

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:Yup, Heero did it with Wing Gundam (probably one of, if not the most memorable one)
That memorability comes mostly from two things IMO:
1. He was standing on the cockpit hatch when he pushed the button; the others were all, AFAIK, a safe distance away.
2. It was the first time it ever happened in the series
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HalfDemonInuyasha

Quatre would've been in the cockpit had Sandrock not "told him" to get away, lol.

But yeah, the rest were a safe distance...and Heero's was also extremely hax as a result, lol.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
DuelGundam2099

And it is now June, anything about this announcement?
Raiden

Dunno how accurate this info is, but according to GG's blog, its gonna be announced at the Tokyo Toy Fair in about 2 weeks or so.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OPTJPKUdxc8/T ... 600/30.jpg
TetraVaal

New silhouette: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L0y0u4lzgqU/T ... 1600/1.jpg
"New info about the new series will be presented via a special video delivery service at both Bandai Channel Live (http://live.b-ch.com/) and Gundam Info (http://www.gundam.info/). The contents of the video will not only talk about about the new Gundam series, but also related Bandai products (gunpla?). These is indeed some very exciting stuff. If you want to know more about the new series' story, character & mobile suits...you better mark down the following dates & time on your calendar!!! This is probably the earliest we will get any details about the new upcoming Gundam series. And just as I had posted earlier today, your speculations / theories about what to expect is welcome...so comment away! =)"
VIA Gundam Guy.

EDIT: here's the schedule:

Video Delivery Dates (Local Japan Time):
Live ~ June 13th 2011 (Mon) @ 13:30
Redelivery Dates:
June 13th 2011 @ 19:00 (Local Japan Time)
June 13th 2011 @ 21:00 (Local Japan Time)
June 13th 2011 @ 23:00 (Local Japan Time)
Device compatible for viewing:
PC / Android Smartphone
LightningCount

latest: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... in-june-13

Gundam 00 staff involved in new project.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
TetraVaal

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear.

At least the director isn't involved.
Sume Gai

TetraVaal wrote:Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear.

Let me point out the involvement of Gundam 00 staff (especially sans director) tells us almost nothing. We don't even know who these staff are, they could simply be animators who would work on -any- number of projects. They could be some of the three 00 mecha designers or anyone of -hundreds- of other people who were involved.

This news in no way indicates the series will be similar to 00 in content or execution.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zeino

Well, I think it's clear that it's not going to be another UC series or a sequal to Seed Destiny.
Dark Duel

On another point, there is something that I noticed.
Compare the two silhouettes we've already seen that supposedly relate to this project.
The first one from GundamGuy's blog post in May and this second one from yesterday's ANN article, at least to my eye, look drastically different; the first one IMO looks much bulkier and heavier than the second one, which looks much more like a traditional "jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none" Gundam design.
Well, I think it's clear that it's not going to be another UC series or a sequal to Seed Destiny.
Not necessarily all that clear, although you are probably right - the only thing we know is that we've seen two distinctly different vague silhouettes, and that some of the staff from the previous anime(00) are also working on this one, which doesn't mean much.

Either way, I'm fairly interested in seeing how this ends up turning out - is it a sequel to an existing work(I hope not) or an entirely new AU(a distinct probability)?
Well, we've only eight days to wait before we find out more...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
LightningCount

Dark Duel wrote:On another point, there is something that I noticed.
Compare the two silhouettes we've already seen that supposedly relate to this project.
The first one from GundamGuy's blog post in May and this second one from yesterday's ANN article, at least to my eye, look drastically different; the first one IMO looks much bulkier and heavier than the second one, which looks much more like a traditional "jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none" Gundam design.
Not necessarily all that clear, although you are probably right - the only thing we know is that we've seen two distinctly different vague silhouettes, and that some of the staff from the previous anime(00) are also working on this one, which doesn't mean much.

Either way, I'm fairly interested in seeing how this ends up turning out - is it a sequel to an existing work(I hope not) or an entirely new AU(a distinct probability)?
Well, we've only eight days to wait before we find out more...
Excellent post. I must say, while I doubt this is a SEED sequel, the second Gundam's silhouette reminds me of Strike Gundam. I have a feeling that this series is going to go back to more traditional Okawara-looking Gundams, but who knows.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
latenlazy

How many AU variations of the RX-78 can they come up with?
Mu La Flaga

Interesting be curious to see what the next one ends up being.
Either way, the shape looks like Strike Gundam, then again as people have said it could easily be one of okawara's designs with the similar shaped head and arms ect.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I don't honestly care if it is a new AU, a sequel to an AU, or more UC. It is a new Gundam series! This is awesome! I am very interested to see what they come up with.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amadi Akintunde

You're just being silly now. The 00 staff did some good stuff.
Mu La Flaga

Amadi Akintunde wrote:

You're just being silly now. The 00 staff did some good stuff.
I agree.
Aren't you jumping the gun making such a generalising comment because 00 doesn't iive up to your standards, that your going to pass judgement on a show, just because it shares some staff in common, Tetra?
Raiden

Agreed having 00 staff members involved here would actually be a good thing.

Plus if they have THAT many staff members like 00 did (dunno if we do atm or not), we may have next to zero stock footage again which can only be a good thing :D
Mu La Flaga

I mean you could have potentially worse shared staff.
It could be some of the ones from Destiny, just to say.

It COULD be worse, keep that in mind :P
azrael

Let's keep in mind we're still waiting for a director announcement (which will probably come with the official unveiling next week). Having the staff is one thing, but we're still waiting for the leader of this project to be put into the spotlight.

Let's put it this way, if we heard ILM was listed as part of a movie staff, we cheer. But then we hear Uwe Boll is directing, at which point we become angry, vicious monkeys.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
TetraVaal

While I found the first season of 00 to be a solid watch, I never cared for the mech or character designs and by the end of the 2nd season and after watching Awakening of the Trailblazer, I came to detest 00 almost as much as SEED. So, having ANY of 00's staff doesn't leave me feeling overly optimistic, but I'm not gonna go into the series with any preconceived ideas until I see what type of news they release on the 13th.