Ecole Du Ciel

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Irwin-Scarnato

Ecole Du Ciel

Alrighty, this is a quick question, very easily answered.
I am in England, over here the manga of Ecole Du Ciel is released and translated by Tokyopop. However, in all the years i've been looking at it, it's not gone past Volume 5. And recently, they've shut down their US operations, IIRC.
I was just wondering if:
A - it ever got past volume 5 in any country, translated into English (IIRC, in Japanese it's still ongoing and on 11?)
B - what people think the odds are of some other company getting this gem translated and published.

I don't know how to read Japanese, so sadly getting the direct imports just isn't an option.
Proud Zeon remnant.
The side that lost isn't necessarily the wrong one.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Ecole Du Ciel

The last U.S. release was for volume 9. As for anyone else picking it up, I'd say the chances of that are next to zero, in America. Gundam manga is pretty much dead in America, aside from the 00/00F stuff that Bandai Entertainment is putting out. It took Tokyopop over a year to get volume 9 out, and they never even announced a volume 10.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Irwin-Scarnato

Wow, just my luck to learn there's a few more volumes for me to get AFTER they go bust and retreat to facebook. :/
Cheers.
Proud Zeon remnant.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Yeah, Ecole seems about dead in the US. Which sucks because I love that manga series! I still hold out hope for finding a fan translation or two online. But after Tokyopop left the US shores (which sucks since they were the first manga company that put manga right to left in the west), Ecole will never finish here in the states. Unless someone else buys it...which is doubtful and even if someone does, it will not happen for many years. Sigh...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Irwin-Scarnato

I suppose the alternative is that you and I learn Japanese. :(
Proud Zeon remnant.
Koshernova

Well, for many it's easier to learn Italian, Spanish, German or French, and many Gundam mangas are released in those languages (case in point, Gundam the Origin is pretty popular in Spain and has been released up to volume 19, which is roughly after the Texas Colony incident from the TV series).
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
Irwin-Scarnato

I could... probably manage french or spanish. My mother is actually spanish but don'tcha know, she never taught me. :shock:
Proud Zeon remnant.