TIGER & BUNNY

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
yazi88

Re: TIGER & BUNNY

hitokirigarou wrote:Could the sponsors be the Oroboros?

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j39 ... oboros.jpg
That wouldn't make sense as Fire Emblem is the boss of his company and hence represents and sponsors himself.
hitokirigarou

Dean_the_Young wrote:Also, thisgirl has shownup more than once (and, while I can't find a picture, I think she was also the girl Tiger and Blue Rose saved in episode 7).
Ryujin wrote:Indeed, she was the girl that Tiger & Blue Rose saved (not sure if she appeared in the episode credits as she squealed a few times); she shows up in the latest episode as well.
Ryujin wrote:Backpack Girl's in trouble again. Kinda makes you think she's some kind of deranged fangirl doing all of this deliberately. Maybe she's the personification of all them fujoshi. Or a Hero TV employee. Or a NEXT hypnotizing people into becoming 'criminals' for attention-getting purposes. :P
That girl is a "mob character" (someone who has recurring and usually hidden appearances in the background in TV shows, manga, anime series and video games).

Her name is unrevealed but she seems to be credited as モブの少女 (Mob no Shoujo). She is voiced by Mariya Ise who also voices Dragon Kid.

An example of a mob character is Pandaman who appears in nearly every One Piece chapter, episode and film.
Last edited by hitokirigarou on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny_Gundam

Another possibility is that all these crimes are staged for the sake of the TV show (why else do these incidents happen so damn often?) and she's an 'extra' hired by the companies to be in danger all the time. Certainly is the case when Tiger and Blue Rose rescued her since that was a stage show.

A likely future plot twist is that Maverick is the head of Uroborous and has been manipulating the crime world and the heroes in order to make a ton of money. I suspect a plot line where the heros learn the truth/are close to the truth and so they are fired and replaced with questionable new heroes that they'll have to fight.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Ryujin

...and Ouroboros makes its move. It's about time the heroes faced a major-calibre supervillain organization, instead of the isolated threats they've been facing so far.

I'll assume that the Mad Bear-piloted exosuits are suffering from Stormtrooper Syndrome because the NEXT animating them isn't really focused on controlling them. Or perhaps one can only expect so much from stuffed toy bears with dead-fish eyes.

Also, that preview suggests that Origami's NEXT power will be coming into play...
Destiny_Gundam wrote:A likely future plot twist is that Maverick is the head of Uroborous and has been manipulating the crime world and the heroes in order to make a ton of money.
On that note, I'd like to know if Maverick gained something, financial or otherwise, from the deaths of Barnaby's parents. There's also been some speculation that Ouroboros was springing Jake because someone felt that Barnaby was getting too close with his investigations...
Destiny_Gundam

Ryujin wrote:I'll assume that the Mad Bear-piloted exosuits are suffering from Stormtrooper Syndrome because the NEXT animating them isn't really focused on controlling them. Or perhaps one can only expect so much from stuffed toy bears with dead-fish eyes.
Could be they were ordered not to severely harm any of the heroes.
Ryujin wrote:On that note, I'd like to know if Maverick gained something, financial or otherwise, from the deaths of Barnaby's parents.
Maybe he wanted to pull a Batman Beyond and make Barnaby into the super hero he is today.

Another possible plotline is that Mr Legend could reappear as a villain. Certainly would cause Kotetsu some problems.
hitokirigarou

Stern Bild Times' Sunday Comics:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Dean_the_Young

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Another possibility is that all these crimes are staged for the sake of the TV show (why else do these incidents happen so damn often?) and she's an 'extra' hired by the companies to be in danger all the time. Certainly is the case when Tiger and Blue Rose rescued her since that was a stage show.

A likely future plot twist is that Maverick is the head of Uroborous and has been manipulating the crime world and the heroes in order to make a ton of money. I suspect a plot line where the heros learn the truth/are close to the truth and so they are fired and replaced with questionable new heroes that they'll have to fight.
Really? Because I was reading an entirely different take. I keep thinking that Maverick is a retired Mr. Legend. In fact, I get the impression that a lot of the Corporate Executives are actually retired (or, in Fire Emblem's case, current) heroes: heroes who, after putting up the cape, gain a few dozen pounds and use their connections and ties to become successful in their own right.

Now, while I've suspected Hero TV's involvement in fabricating crime in general, I'm not sure how much of that me just projecting/expecting it to be so.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Destiny_Gundam

Well, I'm just throwing out possible plot lines that are pretty typical for shows like these. Doesn't mean I'd enjoy seeing it any less and who knows, maybe it'll buck expectations and do something different.
yazi88

Dean_the_Young wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote: Now, while I've suspected Hero TV's involvement in fabricating crime in general, I'm not sure how much of that me just projecting/expecting it to be so.
That actually happened in another anime involving powered suits called "Get Ride! AM Driver" where people use powered suits call AM Drivers to combat unknown bug like weapons while being shot by a camera crew for publicity in a somewhat post apocalyptic world. Problem is that the corporation responsible for building and supplying AM drivers are also creating the unmanned weapons and later on even using criminals in AM drivers to command them.
Ryujin

This episode...

Jake's been established as a despicable bastard of a supervillain, and we have an indication of Mr. Legend's current status.

It's gonna be a long wait for next week's episode.
Dean_the_Young

Agreed. For an episode with surprisingly little action despite the prior episode only being 'the eye of the storm', I was quite satisfied with the buildup in this one.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
yazi88

Ryujin wrote:This episode...

Jake's been established as a despicable bastard of a supervillain, and we have an indication of Mr. Legend's current status.

Where does it say anything about Mr. Legend's status? I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about him this episode.

I'm kinda guessing he might be Mr. Maverick but who knows.
Dean_the_Young

yazi88 wrote:
Ryujin wrote:This episode...

Where does it say anything about Mr. Legend's status? I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about him this episode.

I'm kinda guessing he might be Mr. Maverick but who knows.
At one point Jake says that ever since Mr. Legend's death, NEXT have been siding with the humans as Heroes.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
Well Jake goes out in Batman villain fashion by having a helicopter crash onto him. I doubt we've seen the last of him, though.
Next episode seems to be dedicated to Karina/Kotetsu. Looking forward to it.

Kotetsu was even able to read the english for once XD
Dean_the_Young

While I was surprised by the exact nature of Jake's powers (I was expecting something more akin to Mr. Legend), I was pleased at how they went about it. I was like 'why didn't they use that earlier?' And then 'aw, snap,' and then 'damn, Bunny, hit him again!'

Not a candle on the Lunatic-Bunny fight, but still fine.

From what I could tell, I liked the role of Tiger in this episode. I think that healing is a bit cheap, but then it allowed him to do what he needed: to give the advice and the key to let Bunny win, and then the watchful gaze that helped Bunny Do The Right Thing. Who watches the Watchman indeed.

I'll be looking forward to the sub, but it was good to see the other heroes play a relevant role besides sitting on the sidelines. I was on my seat until the end about Lunatic, though: I was surprised he didn't kill Jake after Bunny's capture.

Looks like we're entering a 'second wave' of character-episodes, starting with Blue Rose. 'Love is Blind' indeed: I wonder what the other characters will tend towards.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Destiny_Gundam

Dean_the_Young wrote:I think that healing is a bit cheap
It makes sense, though. His power boosts his abilities 100 fold which includes his body's healing functions. Mostly just healed his external wounds, though, as we see his ribs were still hurting.
Dean_the_Young

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Dean_the_Young wrote:I think that healing is a bit cheap
It makes sense, though. His power boosts his abilities 100 fold which includes his body's healing functions. Mostly just healed his external wounds, though, as we see his ribs were still hurting.
But now my imaginary unwritten fanfic of Tiger suffering memory loss after he wakes from his coma and thinking he's a kid again is ruined!!!

[/most petulant whining reason ever]

I guess I'm just wondering why he didn't use it after being injured by Lunatic. (And I was totally not oogling the fanservice shirt ripping.)

Official Jerid Fanboy
Destiny_Gundam

Dean_the_Young wrote:I guess I'm just wondering why he didn't use it after being injured by Lunatic. (And I was totally not oogling the fanservice shirt ripping.)
Well Kotetsu has always been about using his powers responsibly. He probably didn't want to use his powers for something trivial like that. In this case he needed to go help Barnaby ASAP.