TIGER & BUNNY

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: TIGER & BUNNY

ANNtv "Inside Sunrise"

Is the video playing for anyone else? It's not doing crap for me.
Destiny_Gundam

Not working for me either.

Anyways...
Spoiler
Yeah, Maverik is probably behind everything. That he just happened to be keeping Barnaby away from his parents being killed until just the right moment to see their killer is very suspect. I bet he did it to mold Barnaby into the kind of hero he wanted, ala Batman Beyond.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Blightstrider

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Not working for me either.

Anyways...
Spoiler
Yeah, Maverik is probably behind everything. That he just happened to be keeping Barnaby away from his parents being killed until just the right moment to see their killer is very suspect. I bet he did it to mold Barnaby into the kind of hero he wanted, ala Batman Beyond.
Spoiler
Yeah, Maverick is coming off as the "totally innocent and lovable, but turns out to be a evil mastermind" type character. Unfortunately, if this does get revealed, surprise is going to be lacking.

I was however surprised to find out that Legend was not as heroic as he looked to be.
Kallor said: 'I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes,' said Caladan Brood, 'you never learn.'
Ryujin

I enjoyed this episode; despite being so low-key, it was a much-awaited look at Kaburagi family dynamics, as well as a sort of turning point/cathartic moment for Kotetsu. I'm also glad that Tomoe's condition wasn't explained in detail--let the viewers figure it out.

The ethnic enclave that the Kaburagis live in also makes me curious at what point, and how much, the T & B universe's history diverges from our own. Given the appearance of NEXT's in the '30's, a lot of unpleasantness from September 1939 onwards may have turned out quite differently or avoided altogether (in b4 discussions about war driving technological advancement forward, blablablah, etc.). Also, that's clearly not a Volkswagen Van that Kotetsu's brother was driving.
Spoiler
I was expecting Kaede to eventually be a NEXT, although not at this early a point. What I like is that her power revealed itself during a situation that didn't involve danger or tragedy. Also, looks like it's back to the Ouroboros plotline next episode. Guess it's time to say adieu to the life-is-good version of Barnaby.
Mythgarr

Yup, so far I like every episode of Tiger and Bunny. Seems like the director really knows how to pace things up and still keeping the curiosity high.

I also like the characterization of Tiger. He is justice-freak, flawed in his clumsiness and his antiques, but still charismatic enough to attract affection from high school girl (whom he lectured nonetheless), changed a brooding emo into a calm hero, and made her daughter loves him again.

All there are for the writers is to make him blaze into one final fight of high stake and kill him off gloriously, probably while putting a stop into Lunatic's antiques.
Visit The Dreams
Destiny_Gundam

Why do they have to kill him off, exactly?

Anyways, I'm banking on some sort of miracle cure for his condition. Maybe he just needs to eat more vegetables.
Ryujin

Not a flashy episode, but major developments were raised, not all of them expected. A lot of the puzzle pieces are in play now.

Didn't quite think of Kriem as being in her mid-thirties already, and one has to wonder who the NEXT was that Kaede came into contact with, other than her father. Here's one possibility.

Image courtesy of the usual sources.
Dean_the_Young

Kadae shall be the most overpowered NEXT ever... and almost certainly a major kidnap victim in the near future.

Back and Sternbild...

I'm kind of sad Tiger didn't tell Bunny. I understood his delaying telling everyone else until after Barnaby, but if he doesn't tell Barnaby next episode I'll be a tad disappointed in him.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Amadi Akintunde

You guys know those chamber things that Kotetsu and Barnaby always get into in every other episode? I think there's more to that thing than simple rejuvenation.
Destiny_Gundam

Amadi Akintunde wrote:You guys know those chamber things that Kotetsu and Barnaby always get into in every other episode? I think there's more to that thing than simple rejuvenation.
Yeah, that's the theory that's been going around for a while. Seeing how most of Barnaby's remembering occured in that chamber it's certainly likely.
Dean_the_Young

I have to say, I love how fond this series is of non-blatant foreshadowing. There are shows that consider foreshadowing to be ominous preview scenes the episode immediately before, and then there's T&B, what with half a dozen small images slipped in that you have to go back to recognize. I remember noting the Jake-hand disreprency even back then, and wondering if it was a mistake or not.

But man, I really don't want Maverick to have been the bad guy all along. Or even the 'I'll manipulate this boy to be the Hero I want the city to have' kind of idealist-evil.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Destiny_Gundam

At least we know for certain that Maverick wasn't the killer. No better alibi then spending the day with the victims' kid.
Ryujin

Oh hey, ANN article on the Official Tiger & Bunny Panel at Otakon (the first such panel! In the world! Ever!).

Lots of interesting, behind-the-scenes stuff from the show's producer, Masayuki Ozaki, as well as an enlightening set of Q & A's. And yes, Barnaby's stuffed bunny will be available for sale.
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
As expected, Maverick is the one responsible for Barnaby's parents' deaths. On top of it he has a memory manipulating NEXT power.

Before that, Barnaby overhears Kotetsu on the phone talking about retiring and they have a fight. Kotetsu knows too much, though, so Maverick is going after him next.
Ryujin

This episode had so much fujoshi fodder. :lol:

Leastways, we now know what the deal was with the NC1978 badge in the 1st ED. Also kinda glad that Doc Saitou's in the clear, at least for now.

Given the revelations in this episode, it would be interesting to know if
Spoiler
one of Mr. Maverick's motivations was that he really believed his actions was for the advancement of the NEXT 'cause,' and he sees himself as being some sort of unsung hero fighting against NEXT discrimination? Does Jake's personal stance with regards to NEXT actually reflect that of the Ouroboros organization? Could it be as much a political movement as a criminal group?
Oh well, time will tell...
Amadi Akintunde

Uuuugh

Things are getting conspiracy-y. And Kaede's making it very hard for me not to hate her.
Chris
Administrator

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Uuuugh

Things are getting conspiracy-y. And Kaede's making it very hard for me not to hate her.
Can you blame her? If Kotetsu stopped treating her like a baby and was more straight with her that he had important things to take care of, maybe she wouldn't be so prone to acting out.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, while I can see why some wouldn't like her, Kaede's attitude is pretty age appropriate, especially when her dad, while well intentioned, keeps breaking promises with her.
Amadi Akintunde

Chris wrote:

Can you blame her? If Kotetsu stopped treating her like a baby and was more straight with her that he had important things to take care of, maybe she wouldn't be so prone to acting out.
Straight with her how, exactly? He can't really tell her that he's a Hero. Unless you mean he should be much more stern with her as a father.

Honestly, I don't think he knows how to be stern.
Blightstrider

Was it completely necessary to put that image in my head?
Spoiler
Maverick's true role about being a bad-dude and all were coming out rather strong last episode, but with the current one, the immediate led up felt as if they were saying...

"Gee, Maverick? Totally good guy! Nothing suspicious. All these sinister camera shots? Bunny's complete love and trust for his father-figure, who he CONSTANTLY points out he was chilling out with him at the time of the murder? It's all pure man, nothing going on here! You'd be mad to think he was up to something! MAD!"

Alas, if only Bunny was more genre savvy.
Kallor said: 'I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes,' said Caladan Brood, 'you never learn.'