Miharu Zabi

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
degwin_zabi

Miharu Zabi

From what many knowledge seekers understand, Miharu Zabi was supposed to be Degwin's youngest and sweetest child until her name was repurposed for Miharu Ratokie and her character was arguably recycled for Mineva Lao Zabi. Normally, I probably wouldn't place too much value on scrapped characters, but I can't deny they could've had some good possibilities for her. Such things came to my attention when I read a fan fiction called Mobile Suit Gundam Alpha that involves her, and some PM chats I've been having with the writer, Wing Zero Alpha, have been illuminating on what her character is and perhaps what it could've been if she was a canonical person.

To both of us, Miharu could not only be a princess, but a patroness of arts, sciences, philanthropy, and pacifism. A loving, yet free-minded, family member. And if I ever decide to write Gundam stories of my own, I'd make sure that she, out of her warlike siblings, reminds mankind that the Zabis, while dysfunctional and dictatorial, are still as much a human family as anyone else. I'm not really a big fan of family members killing their own kin unless some good depth and reasons were given. Call it a weakness. :oops:

Out of respect for WZA's privacy and my own, I won't add much other than that I can imagine that she can be a proponent of further space colonization. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_colonization Other than that, I ask all of you on what kind of person would she be if she ever truly existed. Would she even be necessary?

Sorry if I made this on the wrong discussion side. I've only been here for about a month.
Deacon Blues

Re: Miharu Zabi

Keep in mind that anything you read about this "character" is completely fabricated. There is no information on her other than she was originally supposed to be Degwin Zabi's second daughter as per the Gundam Setting Notes.

Otherwise, this thread really has no purpose as it's a character that was only mentioned on paper.
degwin_zabi

Deacon Blues wrote:Keep in mind that anything you read about this "character" is completely fabricated. There is no information on her other than she was originally supposed to be Degwin Zabi's second daughter as per the Gundam Setting Notes.

Otherwise, this thread really has no purpose as it's a character that was only mentioned on paper.
Well, yeah. I just thought it was interesting to talk about.
Deacon Blues

It's fanfiction. There is nothing to talk about. This thread is pointless, really.
ShadowCell

perhaps mark knows of some obscure sourcebook or tomino novel snippet or dating sim or whatever with something interesting to say

still, absent any of that, there's not much to discuss here. WZA can do whatever he likes with this character, especially since he's doing a thoroughgoing rewrite of Gundam, but that doesn't really tell us anything about the character of Miharu Zabi as she appears elsewhere.
ShadowCell

double post woop woop

i'm not sure why this was locked, 'cuz i certainly don't recall doing it. i'll leave it open in case anyone has anything to bring forward about this character, but if there isn't any material, well, there isn't really anything to discuss.
degwin_zabi

Rough weather in Arkansas is a drag. :x Anyway, I can concede why some would consider this post more suited to fan fiction, but that wasn't necessarily my intent. I wanted to speculate like people did here http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=118415. Scrapped, purely fan-made, or not, if there could've been a chance for her to exist, I think she would've been a great game changer. It doesn't hurt to talk about what ifs.
Gelgoog Jager

Sadly I can't really contribute to the discussion on Miharu Zabi since we are basically only speculating that she might have been a character similar to Minerva Zabi, which in turn would probably mean that she would somehow oppose Gihren. I do could imagine her going either along or instead of Degwin to negotiate peace with the EF late in the war just to be reduced to stardust by Solar Ray.

I do know of another odd case that might be interesting for this discussion, which is Glemy Toto, who supposedly is the unrecognized son of Gihren according to some background info. ZZ Gundam never addresses this situation, but we watch somewhat perplexed how basically from one episode to another Glemy jumps from grunt pilot to having his own ship, and how despite being just one of Mashymere's expendable Gaza C lackeys in the first episodes, he suddenly is said to have also been developing Newtype soldiers (Puru clones) for years now. Eventually he convinced half of the Neo Zeon forces to join his side against Haman Karn, leading to the Zeon Civil War at Side 3.

For some context, let's remember that originally Char was supposed to appear in ZZ, but once it was confirmed that he wouldn't be part of the story, Glemy filled the role of being Haman's main antagonist within Zeon.

IIRC, I read somewhere that the reason Haman kept him around might have been as a plan B in case something happened to Minerva (or in the case her double was exposed), in order to keep control of the Zeon forces that remained loyal to the Zabis.

Anyway, since we are speculating about the Zabis, anyone else would have liked to see how things would have turned out if Sasro hadn't bit the dust so early on as recently depicted in the Gundam The Origin? With Gihren's Greed games giving politics a major focus, I think he could have also have an important role during the OYW. I could imagine him involved in affairs such like the events at Side 6 or the unused idea of the EF attacking the neutral Jovian Energy Fleet.

More interestingly would have seen him arguing with Gihren since it looks that he would be the kind to openly disagree with him.
degwin_zabi

I actually imagined Sasro as his father's Prime minister. Maybe with some cyborg parts if he lived through the bombing.
Kratos

Gelgoog Jager wrote:More interestingly would have seen him arguing with Gihren since it looks that he would be the kind to openly disagree with him.
I could see Gihren either getting seriously screwed over because he neglected to get Sasro and his propaganda machine on his side, or him being shrewd enough to try and do just that. Considering that Sasro was pretty pro-Zabi, though, I suppose his relationship with Gihren would depend on how close he was to Degwin.

In fact, an interesting dynamic might be a power struggle with Gihren on one end, Sasro and Degwin on the other, and Dozle caught in the middle. Dozle's a soldier first and not one to rock the boat politically, but he seemed pretty close to Sasro, so I could see him being at the centre of a tug-of-war between his two brothers.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
degwin_zabi

Well, Gihren's a charismatic fellow and according to the Origin website, he took Sasro's place as national campaign department director next to his own political department. The former was supposed to be a propaganda machine which sounds a little like yellow journalism and the latter I think is some sort of think tank. :? To be honest, it's not that I don't like power hunger as a motivation or familicide as an action, but I like them better if there was more story to them that in turn properly explained why they do it and how it came to it. My chat buddy, WZA, told me Gihren was who he was because he was 100% full of himself as a more physically and mentally fit specimen of humanity which made him more capable as a ruler, but it disenfranchised him from his family, and he fell because he couldn't grasp that he wasn't as infallible as he believed. Not a bad reason, but it felt more like an implication than an actual statement. And Kycilia bombing Sasro because he hit her? If it was a lifelong thing, which, considering his website personality, it probably was, I'd understand it and probably root for her, but surely she should've recognized his needed skills. The only good thing that came from the bombing was that the anti-Zabi purge happened. According to that same website, Kycilia is referred to as Degwin's oldest daughter, which almost implies a Miharu Zabi actually existed once, or nearly did. Of course, mistranslations happen. Honestly, I'm not sure what Tomino would have done with Miharu if she ever came to be. I like to believe that she would've connected the whole family together and actually got a soft spot from Char of all people, but I admit that's mostly WZA's influence on me. It's because of him, I found out about Miharu. I guess the canon world will never know, especially since I've never heard of an anime being rebooted like how Thundercats was.