Aquarion Evol

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Aquarion Evol! New Aquarion Series!

Beast Mode Assault Type Aquarion /thread

Also that final battle with Aquarion and the new version of Sur Le Kubera was beyond epic. 8)
Strike Zero

The battles were fine, but the retools to the characters and plot were just weird.

I don't really feel like typing up an in-depth explanation right now, though, so if you feel so inclined, read towards the end of this instead.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Garret Masterson

xGESTALTx wrote:I figured the ova was just an alternate retelling kinda like the macross movies?
technically it is an alternate retelling of the series until...
Spoiler
they showed at the end of the ova that it was a parallel dimension and the result of them saving their dimension (via the genesis punch) resulted in a change at the beginning of the tv series (the large solar wing icon above the city where sylvie and pierre was looking for the reincarnation of Apollynus in episode 1).
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Garret Masterson wrote:
xGESTALTx wrote:I figured the ova was just an alternate retelling kinda like the macross movies?
technically it is an alternate retelling of the series until...
Spoiler
they showed at the end of the ova that it was a parallel dimension and the result of them saving their dimension (via the genesis punch) resulted in a change at the beginning of the tv series (the large solar wing icon above the city where sylvie and pierre was looking for the reincarnation of Apollynus in episode 1).
And
Spoiler
Sylvia saying Apollo's name instead of Apollonius' when she and Pierre were talking about looking for Apollonius' reincarnation in that same scene.
DuelGundam2099

Cute picture. Although on a serious note, anyone else notice the asteroid belt around Earth? Why are there asteroids in orbit?
Destiny_Gundam

Stuff happens in 12,000 years.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
xGESTALTx

maybe it's the remnants of the moon? in 12,000 years somebody probably punched the damn thing for fun xD
Destiny_Gundam

That's what I thought at first but the Moon is still intact.
xGESTALTx

I thought the 3 fortunes was the moon o_0
DuelGundam2099

Rumor has it that tomorrow's episode will feature something for Destiny Gundam resembling Romeo and Juliet. *shrivels* Don't go deeper Kawamori, please.
Destiny_Gundam

You mean today's episode?

It's hardly for me at any rate. I don't really like it when a girl shows interest for one guy only for her to be paired up with some other dude.

I like it even less when some random, baseless idea becomes true.
Shinji103

So because someone called a pairing and it came true, you don't like it? ^^b I don't see what's wrong with that, it just means it was a lucky guess. ^^b

I love this episode, cliches and all. As we all describe it over on Animesuki, "Yak Deculture!" :D I especially found this episode to be good, because it did something that's always a good sign; it made me positively revaluate my liking for the characters featured. Before, I found Yunoha to be a bit too loli/jailbait for me to like, and Jin seemed was just some creepy bad guy with an obsession for a girl in stasis. After this episode though, Yunoha grew on me very much and Jin's Culture Shock antics were just hilarious. I'm actually rooting for JinxYunoha as much as I am for AmataxMikono and AndyxMix now. As always, this show continues to break ground for me. :D

I gotta say though, I'm playing SRW Z right now, which has Aquarion in it, and between that and how awesome Aquarion EVOL is so far, it's giving me a serious craving for EVOL to appear in an SRW. Whiiiiiiich isn't gonna happen for at least a year after EVOL ends in June, and that's probably being optimistic. This is gonna drive me crazy............. :cry:
Destiny_Gundam

Shinji103 wrote:So because someone called a pairing and it came true, you don't like it? ^^b I don't see what's wrong with that, it just means it was a lucky guess. ^^b
If it's called based on absolutely nothing. There's been Jin/Yunoha fanart since her debut episode. I guess it's something like "Jin/Yunoha? What a silly idea... Wait, they're seriously going in that direction?"

At least it's being handled pretty naturally. Doesn't feel forced or anything. The above is just a slight annoyance.
DuelGundam2099

*finds out today that subs come on Sunday nights, not Monday mornings* Gah!

Anyway....
Spoiler
So Jin has barrier powers, interesting. Also, why do I have a feeling that he and Yunoha are going to be like Masato and Laura from Dancouga? Seriously, I'm getting a weird vibe from that.
Next week episode: Kagura returns for smelly wench hunting! Fan service and insanity from Zen Fudo most likely guaranteed! :P
Destiny_Gundam

Aquarion Evol airs on Sundays.
DuelGundam2099

I know that, but I didn't know the subs came out on Sundays. :wink:
Wellman

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I know that, but I didn't know the subs came out on Sundays. :wink:
I'm pretty sure it varies. Most Sundays they are there by the evenings, but I remember the subs not arriving until Monday morning before as well.
Destiny_Gundam

Not supposed to talk about subs.

I just took issue with the "rumor has it that tomorrow's episode..." thing. Since it had aired already it wouldn't be 'tomorrow's episode' and such information wouldn't be 'rumors' since there are plenty of people who watch the show while it's airing.
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:If it's called based on absolutely nothing. There's been Jin/Yunoha fanart since her debut episode. I guess it's something like "Jin/Yunoha? What a silly idea... Wait, they're seriously going in that direction?"
That's exactly what I mean. What's wrong with a relationship between two characters if viewers made a wild guess about it and it turned out to be right? I don't see what's wrong here.
xGESTALTx

Who else wants Jin to turn good now???? I know I sure as hell do xD It would hurt my soul to much if he had to fight Yunoha again xD