Aquarion Evol

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Aquarion Evol! New Aquarion Series!

Shinji103 wrote:That's exactly what I mean. What's wrong with a relationship between two characters if viewers made a wild guess about it and it turned out to be right? I don't see what's wrong here.
I didn't say that it was wrong, just that I don't particularly like it. Wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if some one randomly filled in a test sheet and got 100%?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I didn't say that it was wrong, just that I don't particularly like it. Wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if some one randomly filled in a test sheet and got 100%?
Except this is nothing like a test; it's nothing at all about a list of things that you have to put effort into getting right.

This is just the same thing as if someone went "It would sound nice if in [song A] they used [specific note/lyric]", and the song ends up hitting that specific note/lyric.
Destiny_Gundam

It was basically something a fan pulled out of their ass and I'm just slighly annoyed that said ass pull turned out to be right on the mark. That's all there is to it.

Like I said the way they're developing it is good so I have no legitimate issue with the pairing.
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:It was basically something a fan pulled out of their ass and I'm just slighly annoyed that said ass pull turned out to be right on the mark. That's all there is to it.
It was actually more than just one fan. And I can at least kinda see where they might have based the idea out from.

Just saying.

Anyway, latest ep. was great. The entire time Jin was all like WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THIS PROTOCULTURE?! :lol: Him + Yunoha + Amata would literally be the most broken Aquarion combination ever. Am now eagerly awaiting for when that inevitably happens.

I don't usually like to watch next ep. previews, but Kagura is coming back to Earth next week? WOOHOO! :D It's pretty clear that all the Amata/Mikono moments we've been having lately are there expressly there to make it all the more devastating for Amata when Mikono is MERCILESSLY TAKEN AND RIPPED AWAY FROM HIS TENDER LOVING GRASP AND SPIRITED ACROSS THE GALAXY TO BE HANDLED IN WHATEVER WAY KAGURA DEEMS APPROPRIATE FOR SMELLY WENCHES TO BE HANDLED, MUAHAHAHAHAHA. :twisted:

*ahem* So, yeah, looking forward to that too.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
nacho-wan

LOL at Jin's disguise. That guy's name was pulled from a "word search" or what? His protoculture moment was very funny. I'm glad that they didn't fanservice it too much.

One thing that called my attention is the common girls uniform. I thought they didn't have such things in Neodiva. That makes cannon fodder or filler people more generic right?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Zeta Superior

Strike Zero wrote:Anyway, latest ep. was great. The entire time Jin was all like WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THIS PROTOCULTURE?! :lol: Him + Yunoha + Amata would literally be the most broken Aquarion combination ever. Am now eagerly awaiting for when that inevitably happens.
Barriers, plus invisibility and flight? Heck. YES.

If they get EVOL into a SRW game, everyone will be trying to recruit Jin just to use that combination. Yunoha's ability makes them invisible, which would increase the chances of evasion and it also seems to make beams ineffective, Jin's barrier disperses shots, and Amata can make the Aquarion fly, and everyone knows that if you can fly in a SRW game, you're practically untouchable. Combine that with a Super Robot's naturally high HP, and the fact that enemies tend to target the supers first, and you got one hell of a damage dealer.
"When a man strays from the right path, a kind man must have the courage to raise his fist and correct them."
-Jamil Neate, After War Gundam X
Destiny_Gundam

nacho-wan wrote:One thing that called my attention is the common girls uniform. I thought they didn't have such things in Neodiva. That makes cannon fodder or filler people more generic right?
What I figured is that they're just regular students who aren't suited to pilot Aquarion. The students who are get special treatment and so they can wear whatever they want.
xGESTALTx

Agreed the generic kids are probably not strong enough Element candidates to pilot Aquarion. and the question is, is Jin + Yunoha + Amata more crazy broken than Apollo + Sylvia + Sirius in the original in all their plot shieldy glory? xD
Strike Zero

Just saw episode 11.
Spoiler
F--YEAH, KAGURA! :D
xGESTALTx

Strike Zero wrote:Just saw episode 11.
Spoiler
F--YEAH, KAGURA! :D
Spoiler
Man I'mma be sooooooooooo pissed if he screws Amata outta the triangle! :D
DuelGundam2099

WOULD THEY STOP GIVING THE SAME MECH MORE NAMES!? Other than that I enjoyed the recent episode.
Destiny_Gundam

It's official name is "Mithra Gnis." Call it whatever variation of that you'd like.

Also, I'm calling BS on those memories/visions.
Spoiler
If they really were images of that past, they wouldn't be calling each other "Apollon" and "Silvie"!

It's also nice to finally get confirmation of Alicia's relation to Amata: she's his mother. And going by some dude's head in Izumo's flashback, Amata's father was from Altair.
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Spoiler
If they really were images of that past, they wouldn't be calling each other "Apollon" and "Silvie"!
Spoiler
Who said anything about them being of the past? They were quite obviously tidings of Kagura and Mikono's future! :)
nacho-wan

This episode get me the impression that Zessica is the reincarnation Scorpius: someone who wants to separate Apollonius and Selianne for her egotistics reasons.

My respects to Izumo, he preferred to lose military assets rather than yield his status as the big dog in Altair. I for one would have opened the portal and let the wild dog attend his nature.

As for Mikene (the angel guy I'm not sure on his name), he is Loki. We didn't get somebody so treacherous before. His actions would get things interesting in the coming episodes.

Isn't it lovely when we get episodes with character develovment and badass fighting sequences?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
xGESTALTx

Wait Scorpius? Is Evol in the Movie/Ova universe? I figured it was original Aquarion universe.
Strike Zero

It's been speculated that there will be people coming back from both universes.
Destiny_Gundam

So ep 12 has
Spoiler
yandere Zessica, trollin' Mykage, knowing too much Yunoha, Amata mommy Alicia, holdin' hands Amata and Mikono, and party crashing Kagura.
Amata and Mikono's growth is proceeding very nicely. I like how natural their relationship is. They didn't have some contrived meeting, Amata just saw a cute girl and decided to strike up a conversation with her and they bond over a common interest. Things may have gone up in intensity from there, but the start point is very realistic.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

HEY, the ball-of-hair cat wasn't a cockblock today! :D
Destiny_Gundam

But not for a lack of trying.
Strike Zero

Now that's what I'm talking about. That moment between Amata and Mikono during the movie was actually very good. Ever since the group-date episode, their "romance" has consisted of little more than them doing that ungodly annoying thing where they act all shy and and awkward and "Oh, no, my heart's all dokidoki-shimasu, doushiooo?" whenever they happened to move within six feet of one another GOD I HAETS THAT AAAGH, but this time they actually managed to get me swept up in the moment and make me feel something there. So long as the show keeps that up, I'll be happy even if they do decide to go all the way with this thing.

I sense much peril in Yunoha's near future. Oh noes! Seriously cannot wait for next week.

Oh, also:
Spoiler
F--- YEAH, KAGURA! :D