Aquarion Evol

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
xGESTALTx

Re: Aquarion Evol! New Aquarion Series!

Oh lord the ever prevalent cockblock Kagura. Not only does he ruin Amata and Mikono's first good moment in ages, he Ruins the fun for Yunoha and Jin. I hope Shrade plays piano with his teeth next episode >:T Oh and let's not for get Mykage, hope some body kicks him in the effeminate whore mouth xD (nothing wrong with being effeminate, but everything wrong with him being a whore)
nacho-wan

I'm loving this series. Seeing this thing afterwards Age and you realice how important is the director for a show. We had like an episode without any action but it was grapping.

I guess hell will break loose next week. I was amaze to see Shrade in a pilot suit, I guess this is going to be a tought fight -maybe like that time in the original Aquarion when they had to switch pilots every two minutes because nobody could keep with the enemy?

As for comparison's sake, this Aquarion feels very different to the previous one. They have very little common things aside from the mecha, and reincarnations. The plot flows more freely in Evol vrs the episodic nature of the training episode of the original.

Now, let your wings fly you beyond your destiny.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
Amata protecting his woman like a champ.

Double Aquarion.

RIP Jin.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
yazi88

The 2nd Aquarion even had that quad-legged cannon form of assault Aquarion from the original series.
DuelGundam2099

The new episode was really amazing; I wonder just who Zen is the reincarnation of.

Anyone else notice that Donar's arm cannon resembles X Gundam's satellite cannon?
Strike Zero

OH, MY GOD, JIN IS DEAD. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Well, there goes the only heroic couple that I was actually rooting for this time. Now all that leaves me with is Mikono/Kagura.

Speaking of which:
Spoiler
F--- YEAH, KAGURA! :D
He is such a boss with his reversal ability that they needed to use not one, but TWO Aquarions in order to stop him. And he was this close to actually making off with his wench too!

Oh, well, better luck next time. :(
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

Alright! I'm back! (grades were dropping, I had to cut down forum time...) Having seen EVOL episode 13, I must say, it is by far and so far, my favorite episode of EVOL yet and I hope they keep up the solid work through the rest of the series. Also, to address 2 things: neo-Touma (whats his name?) wanting to revive original Aquarion and 2 Aquarions... umm... I KNEW IT!
Anyways, it would seem that EVOL is doing the "classic format in it's own way". I hope that we continue to see this kind of quality (kind of) for the rest of the series. I liked the moment when Amata literally flies to Mikono's rescue, though Kagura shouting "reverse" got me thinking of Napoleon Dynamite.

In closing: poor Jin,
Spoiler
for a second there I though that they were gonna pull a Shrade on us again, but then I saw the next episode's preview...
poor Yunoha, 2 Aquarions!, REVERSE!
Last edited by the Gatekeeper on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?
Destiny_Gundam

the Gatekeeper wrote:neo-Touma (whats his name?)
Mykage.

So despite whatever connection Kagura and Mikono had in their past lives, she made it quite clear this episode that she wants nothing to do with him. I'm glad to see it.
Strike Zero

Well, no duh. Twelve thousand year-old relations =/= immediate mutual care for one another. Apollo and Sylvie started out a hair away from hating each other's guts, and that was with the two of them being on the same team; meanwhile, the full extent of Kagura's interactions with Mikono here have mostly consisted of him forcibly attempting to drag her away to an alien planet and -- more recently -- kill her outright as her enemy.

I'm sure, however, that if/when the two of them have some nicer encounters, they'll start to grow a bit closer.
Destiny_Gundam

At this point I fail at imagining any sort of 'nice' encounter between the two, especially considering Kagura's... zeal.

Honestly if she ends up with Kagura I will not be pleased in the slightest, especially if the only reason given is "we were lovers in our past lives so that means I love him now." Well, we already know their wedding will not be a pleasent thing.
Strike Zero

Well, who knows what will happen at this point. Fudou seemed to be hinting that Kagura's Reversal Element is affecting the way he expresses his emotions, so if that issue ever gets, er, reversed, then fondness between them suddenly becomes a wholly plausible occurrence.

Honesty, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Amata and Mikono end up being the last couple standing -- they've been billed as the main pairing since the first five minutes of episode one. However, what would upset me is if they manage to win out without having to overcome any sort of honest threat that actually challenges their affection for one another, which we've seen none of so far. That's one of the main reasons that I'm rooting so hard for Kagura right now, and also hoping that Zessica acts earnestly on the angst she seems to be experiencing sooner rather than later.
Destiny_Gundam

I think the challenge of trying to keep Kagura away is enough. We don't really need several episodes of Mikono angsting about who to choose.

Anyways, I think the reason Kagura can't smell Amata is because they're both the same person (ie, Apollo's soul split too). People can't really smell their own scent since it's constantly there. We can only notice when there's a difference.
xGESTALTx

How the hell does Mykage keep getting into the Aquarion with no one in the control room noticing Dx bastard knocked off the awesome bad guy that turns good for this series. I'm almost hoping they pull some BS revival crap to bring Jin back, cause he finally made it into the credits D:
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, I don't think Jin is coming back. When bloody Fudou looks horrified you know it's not getting better.
nacho-wan

I'm calling Mikono, Amata and Kagura in the original Aquarion for the Grand Finale. It is not like they would meld Amata and Kagura in one being, or something like that to fi this version of Apollonius split personality
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
xGESTALTx

The Wedding in Mourning clothes is coming Dx fucken Kagura. and Poor Zessica :C next episode is gonna suck hard for her
Strike Zero

So, this episode was pretty epic. Not only did we get an impressive display of Element power à la Mikono, we also got ALL THIS TIME THESE TWELVE THOUSAND YEARS, I KNOW A-I-SHI-TE-RUUUUUUUU~!! After that, I'm sitting here thinking that things couldn't possibly get any more awesome.

BUT THEN OUT OF NOWHERE IS FRACKING KAGURA!!
Spoiler
F--- YEAH, KAGURA! :D
Though, I'm pretty sure that was more Mykage's doing more than anything else, so...
Spoiler
F--- YEAH, MYKAGE! :D
It seems as though next week will consist mostly of Kagura ruining everybody's day. I AM BESIDE MYSELF, I CANNOT WAIT.
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, it'll be awesome to see Amata prove his bossness by getting his woman back from Kagura. Again.
DuelGundam2099

Not gonna happen for a while, might as well call how Kagura's gonna nab Mikono.

Alright folks, place your bets now! Will she go willingly? Will Kagura have to restrain her? Will Shush go with? How many episodes will it take for Neo DEAVA to set a rescue plan into action? Will Mikono be the only damsel in distress? Will they have to reactivate the original Aquarion? Will another element have to die during the rescue mission? Will Kawamori appeal to bondage fetishists? (If so will the gecko ninjas come out of retirement? :lol: ) Tune in same Osore time same Osore channel! (nananananana-nananananananana Aquarion!)
xGESTALTx

Something just occurred to me. What if Zessica turns into a bigger cock block than Kagura and stops Amata from getting to Mikono making Mikono think He's choosing Zessica and THEN Mikono get's huffy and Willingly goes with Kagura. That could totally be a possibility and I think I'd start to dislike Zessica too if she did that xD