Aquarion Evol

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
nacho-wan

Re: Aquarion Evol! New Aquarion Series!

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So apparently Gepard was Luna's successor with Mars's head while the new Aquarion Spada is Mars's successor with Luna's head, strange. Also, poor Andy. :lol: Even more so for the Gnisis/Mislagnissa (why can't they just use one name for it?).
Geppard gave a feeling of armored Valkyrie. I'm very curious as to ist nature since it doesn't use a bow but still retains a its traditional long-range role albeit with modern weaponary. However it feels more to a mass produced unit.

As for mass production, what ever happened to the second vector team? how come they are only deploying one unit when they could use two. Sure in this last episode that was uneccesary but on the one about the new mugen punch they could sure use an extra unit
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Destiny_Gundam

They're concerned enough with keeping 1 Aquarion from going berserk. They're not ready for two.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Besides at the moment Amata is the only one who can Gattai into Aquarion Evol. (at least that's what they believe, I think)
Laevatein

Shinji103 wrote:Besides at the moment Amata is the only one who can Gattai into Aquarion Evol. (at least that's what they believe, I think)
If it's anything like Aquarion, then it's more like Amata is the only one willing to use EVOL - it's not that they can't, but they won't. Even in the original series, anyone could've used Solar Aquarion, but only Apollo used it. Hell, Reika was on her way to combining into the Solar Aquarion as the head in episode 2, but then got cockblocked out of it by mental trauma. :roll:
DuelGundam2099

And so Shrade lives and we get a new element that happens to be invisible. Anyone else notice how invisibility apparently makes you immune to laser fire?
ysarro

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Lasers are beams of light. An invisible body doesn't absorb any light, that's why it can't be seen. The enemy pilot even commented on that (Sort of) and switched to solid projectiles.
Gatx

Man Zessica's fit was hilarious. It's even funnier that Mikono could interpret that ridiculous scene as them hooking up.
Destiny_Gundam

Zessica's little scream when Andy reacted to the doll moving was priceless. Kana Hanazawa ftw.

So Yunoha gets added to the ending. Funny that the thing I'm looking forward to the most is having the final two spots filled in.

Oddly enough Yunoha has done 2 episode previews before this episode.

Me thinks some one is going to be added to the opening too. When it gets to Zessica and Amata during gattai it shows a book before showing Mikono. Seems odd to have that book there by itself so I think it'll get replaced whenever the appropriate character appears.

One of Evol's advantages over the original is that the characters are far less aggrivating. I liked the old cast well enough but they were all an angry bunch. Evol's cast is a lot more balanced.

Zen's lessons aren't as dominant as Gen's were either. Gen's lessons took up an entire episode while Zen's are kinda thrown in briefly.
yazi88

Until Zen ends up cosplaying/cross-dressing as other Divas as Gen did, I'll give Gen more credit for being bad-ass/werid. Zen actually seems more low-key, and does a lot of odd jobs as well. At first I thought he WAS Gen when I saw him but apparently not. Then again, they never did reveal WHAT Gen actually was cause I don't think he was a regular human either.

Poor poor Andy, no big-bang for him. :twisted:
nacho-wan

Zen is sort of the fortune cookie of the show. He would sum up whatever the characters need to do in order to defeat the monster of the week.

I think that we should give the show some more episodes to develop its character before comparing to the original Aquarion. I bet that this sunday or the next one we would get to the training sessions for at least 12 chapters.

I hope that in between that we get an explanation of what Eva is and her relationship to the captured singer.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Destiny_Gundam

It's clearly just a joke. Only Mikono calls it a cat and Amata openly doubts her assessment.
DuelGundam2099

She also calls a pig key chain a cat and Andy (and I think others) call Yunoha's doll a cat doll too.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

*COUGH*

I don't think I'll be the only one here seeing flashbacks of Chara Soon from Gundam ZZ when watching episode 8...... ^^b
yazi88

Episode 8, now that's fanservice with relation to combat done right!
Destiny_Gundam

Yunoha crushing big time on Amata. Adorable.

Certainly wasn't expecting Go Tight to start playing during the battle, but it was glorious.
DuelGundam2099

Wow, just wow....
Spoiler
They killed Jin. :(
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
Or not.
Gatx

I didn't even realize that they had played "Go Tight" until the credits, hah. Here's hoping the original theme might get played some time in the future.

Also, I wonder if any of the more dynamic looking characters are going to get to pilot the Aquarion, other than just the ones that appear in the group shot in the opening. Like the girl with the bag on her head for instance.
Destiny_Gundam

I doubt she will, but we are still missing two people in the ending.