What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mu La Flaga

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

Episodes 12 to 16 of Mobile Suit Gundam.

So now I'm in to the Ramba Ral stuff and he is interesting to watch at times.
It is kind of annoying how lately either Amuro or Sayla tend to have mood swings at times.

But all in all character growth doesn't hurt.
Mu La Flaga

Episodes 17 to 22 of Mobile Suit Gundam.

So this pretty much got through to the end of the Ramba Ral stuff and after Ryu died ect.

Been getting pretty good as the series has been going on.
YokozunaBulldozer

Gintama and SKET Dance.

Current Gintama arc is funny considering how a number of the voice actors have acted as Gundam Pilots:

Kagura > Nena Trinity by Kugimiya Rie
Shimura Shinpachi > Usso Evin by Sakaguchi Daisuke
Katsura Kotaro > Athlan Zara by Ishida Akira
Elizabeth > Amuro Ray, Ribbons Almark by Furuya Tohru
Dark Vador > Char Aznable, Full Frontal by Ikeda Shuichi
Sakamoto Tatsuma > Lockon Stratos by Miki Shinichiro

Also the Kaien is my new favorite mecha :D
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Zeonista

Ben-to is fun, capable of being serious and funny at the same time about amateur UMA combat over marked-down meal sets. Guilty Crown is mighty; IG has a new hit to exhibit with pride. 8) I still don't know whatHorizon is trying to tell as a story, and I am beginning to suspect Sunrise doesn't know, either. I keep watching and trying to get the answer to it, so their ploy must be working. :| C3 has got to be the most effed-up show for the season out there right now. Lordy, it is dark! The gals seem to be trope bait, but then the episode progresses and we get Elfen Lied style of action. :shock:
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
quasadra

Guilty Crown would be mighty if it didnt have those plot inconsistency. and C3 is more interesting than what it initially looked like. i drop Horizon at ep 4 and didnt watch Ben-To, so no comment on those.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
reeoyuy

Agent Aika. Surprisingly a lot of mecha content amidst all those panty shots. That VTOL MiG-21 is just cool, and they put nice details on it and other crafts too. And Ultranate turned out to be a power armor not something mythical. The story is decent enough and the setting is interesting. Kinda post-apocalypse but not that apocalyptic. I think I'll check the prequels (R-16 and Zero) after this.
YokozunaBulldozer

Gundam AGE, Gintama, SKET Dance, trying to get into Ryu Knight(I like the RPG setting), Tiger Mask(the original one from the 60s)
xaos

Recently I've been watching the remade Gaiking on Crackle and Macross Plus on Netflix. From what I've seen of the original Gaiking it seems pretty darn different but so far I'm enjoying it anyway. I'm really liking Daiya. As for Macross Plus that has to be come of the prettiest animation I've seen for an anime of that time.
Raptor

Watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes as my current watch episodes back to back anime, whereas Gintama, Nurarihyon no Mago, Gundam AGE, Gundam Unicorn and Wagnaria fall into the "Watch once a new episode comes out" column.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Robertthecrimson

Currently watching:
Voltes V ep.4
Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross Ep. 16
Aura Battler Dunbine Ep. 14
Gundam Age Ep. 10
Scorpius7692

Currently in the middle of both Gundam 0083 and Pailsen Files, and recently finished Roots of Ambition.

I can say right away that, even though my first Google search for VOTOMS ruined the surprise at the end, and I've started watching in chronological order, that I love VOTOMS. I LOVE IT!

I want my very own Scopedog, with gatling guns on its shoulders and arms. More dakka!
Fear the power of the skirted suit. Fear it.
Epiales_Gundam

I'm currently slowly wading through 0080, 0083, 08th MS Team and G Gundam again.
"Xandy Nakashima, GINN, taking off!!" ~ Gundam SEED Shimai Astray X
Kei Katsuragi

I recently re-watched Orguss, because it's something of a tradition of mine. Still love it, ending still makes me sad.

I'm about to tackle Southern Cross, but I haven't heard the most flattering things about it, but here's to me hoping it will be splendid.

Outside of that, I found a site that reviews several forgotten OVA's and TV series from the 80's, and I am slowly going through them. The reviewer is cool and all, but he couldn't say enough good things about M.D Geist :|
DuelGundam2099

Today, after putting it off for so long, I finally begin my journey into Gear Fighter Dendoh with episode 1! It is mostly noted for being created by the creators of Gundam SEED and Destiny BEFORE they did them. It should be noted real quick that one of the main heroes by the name of Vega is voiced by none other than Misato/Sailor Moon/Captain Ramius/whatshername from Macross 7 Encore for you voice actress enthusiasts out there. Anyway, lets count the mech anime references in this first episode, shall we?

-Main characters travels with a dog (Zambot 3)
-Main character in a karate uniform at school (Getter Robo)
-Goofy spy hero (Daitarn 3)
-Title mech comes alive and piloting starts out by walking (Evangelion)
-Machine assimilation and the first monster of the weak is kind of pathetic (GaoGaiGar)
-The main Earth fleet gets obliterated from a distance (not sure whether to count this under Voltes V or Dancouga)

I swear the main bad guys' fortress resembles Tepplin from Gurren Lagann. The satellites and invading aliens look like something out of Nadesico, but Dendoh itself resembles Godannar which is strange because this show predates it by three years.

So yeah, cliched start and blehish music, but rarely are first episodes any good even in my all time favorite anime so I'm just hoping this will develop into it's own thing. Strangely enough this got subbed and next to no anime sites have this. The only reason I ever see it brought up is because it appeared in SRW MX (and Reversal, but that is rare) although it did have a PS1 game so it makes me believe that there was SOME level of popularity here. Why the hell was it forgotten? Why do people that review the CE Gundam anime never bring this up? Is this anime so bad or bland that people just forgot it existed? Well, DG2099 is on the case and he's going to put information of the monsters of the week on Wikipedia eventually.
Red Comet90

I just recently rewatched Gundam 0080 since it has some Christmas in it. Man that OVA gets more depressing each time I watch it.

I'm also on episode 8 of Gundam Wing. I'm watching it for the first time in Japanese with subs. The voices seem to fit the characters more. Heero actually sounds like a 15 year old unlike his English Dub counterpart. Its been 6 years since I've seen Wing and I've got to say its pretty dull so far. Its essentially just watching the Gundams blow stuff up and never lose.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
xaos

Red Comet90 wrote:I just recently rewatched Gundam 0080 since it has some Christmas in it. Man that OVA gets more depressing each time I watch it.

I'm also on episode 8 of Gundam Wing. I'm watching it for the first time in Japanese with subs. The voices seem to fit the characters more. Heero actually sounds like a 15 year old unlike his English Dub counterpart. Its been 6 years since I've seen Wing and I've got to say its pretty dull so far. Its essentially just watching the Gundams blow stuff up and never lose.
I have to say I felt exactly the same when watching Gundam Wing. The voices did seem to fit better but I just can't seem to get into it again. It did indeed feel boring, they're boring invincible Gundams.

Also, uh I guess since it's what's your watching I've still been watching Gaiking and have been re-watching Fantastic Children, one of my favorites.
Aegis

Other than Gundam Unicorn, it was Mazinkaiser SKL. I'm simply impressed with the fact they managed to cram so much goodies in a mere three episodes. :P
DuelGundam2099

Since I cannot continue with Dendoh for a while because the only anime site that streams it has a bunch of episodes missing (thanks copyright nazis) I decided to start watching Tekkaman Blade. As far as first episodes go this actually has a decent start to it and it has very neat creatures. I definitely look forward to seeing it, lets just hope the franchise doesn't end on a dumb cliffhanger.
Andrew86

I have been watching V Gundam as of late, and I must say it is great.

I am at episode 30 or 31 and am very engrossed. Even the flaws of this series seem somehow charming. I think the characters just come across very well and Uso is such a great lead. His relationship with the older characters vs his younger compatriots is very interesting and well done. I'd even have to say that it is the best bunch of "kids" out of all the series. I really like Suzy even though her presence should annoy me by default. Shakti even escapes being annoying by being an interesting character with what seems to be a good amount of depth.

The action can feel uneven at times but is very solid overall. I think things dragged a bit on earth, but they really did a good job of illustrating the way the little groups of the League Militare had to struggle to just squeak by. Marvet, Oliver, Shrike team and others are all decent characters and do a good job of mentoring Uso when necessary. I also really am enjoying seeing more and more of the league militare force as they grow stronger. I think V gundam has done a better job at making the Reinforce (jr?) seem like part of a larger fighting force than Zeta Gundam did with the Argama (one of my very few issues with zeta at random times).

The appearance of the V2 was very awesome, and the wings of light slicing through those MS was incredibly bad ass. All in all I am very happy with this series so far, and
hope things keep getting better. I have to Uso is a very good character and probably the least annoying of any Gundam main character I've encountered thus far. He seems genuine and good willed, without seeming unrealistic or preachy. He is determined, but still runs into the issues a person of that age would. He really makes the show that much better in my oppinion.
YokozunaBulldozer

Recently got back into Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go MAX after seeing some parents talking about how they went through hell looking for Bakugan toys at the mall. For those of you not familiar with mini 4wd, they are controller-less motorized model cars made by Tamiya that you build and run on two AA batteries. Japan recently had a revival of this hobby toy since 2007, and I remember it being on par with the bakugans and beyblades of today during the 90s with the Let's & Go series. The show I am seeing is the last installment of the Let's & Go trilogy which has new protagonists and a new storyline(The original Let's & Go brothers are the protagonists of the first two shows, consisting of Seiba Retsu and Seiba Go. MAX follows the story of Ichimonji Gouki and Ichimonji Retsuya). I like how it shares the same world as the first two seasons but manages to stand on its own. The designs of the cars are cool and feel more rugged while maintaining it's "aerodynamic" look compared to the previous two shows. If you want to get back into nostalgia but watch something new from that era it is worth checking out as it is one of the last 2d classic cel animations done well. Also, the animation was done by Xebec of Dai-guard fame.