What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mu La Flaga

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

I believe the guy you refer to is Eeve or something.
The Indian looking guy?

And I said why not to watch the whole thing.
DuelGundam2099

I believe the guy you refer to is Eeve or something.
The Indian looking guy?
Don't know, all I know is he sets his minions on fire when they fail and wears all white.
Mu La Flaga

Hm, well he has tan skin, has medium length hair and wears a buisnessman looking suit.
The setting fire part doesn't exactally help.

A description of him helps more. :P
DuelGundam2099

I'll get a screen cap of him next chance I get.

Edit:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9048/thisguy.png

Wow, he is tan.
Mu La Flaga

Well that guy is Exeeve from what I sort of found out from a small lot of Might Gaine clips on youtube.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Apart from AGE, I'm currently watching Aura Battler Dunbine, or at least I have been watching it before I left town for a while.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
DuelGundam2099

I just finished the last episode of Brave Express Might Gaine and holy crap that five episode final battle was awesome! It easily made up for a lot of the unnecessary bad humor this series was plagued with and Imperial proved to be one hell of a final boss. It was not perfect though, Imperial and Exeeve went out a pretty anticlimactic way by Joe pulling a wave rider ram (except much bloodier and painful than what Scirocco got). The wedding ending was a little weird since Might and Sally never actually smacked lips, but it worked fine.

With that series done, I only have Fighbird left! (not counting Gundam Age, Aquarion Evol, or the upcoming Eureka Seven Astral Ocean)
Mu La Flaga

Curiously, what was Black Noir's deal?
I assume Imperial was that Rocker dude?
DuelGundam2099

Based on what little I can gather he's basically a sadistic entity from the second dimension that treated everything like a chess game in an attempt to conquer the third dimension. For some reason the energy of human hope or whatever Sally had was a weakness he over looked and died.
I assume Imperial was that Rocker dude?
You're thinking Purple and his flying fortress Blanca, Imperial is what Exeeve piloted in the last episode.
Mu La Flaga

I will say from other clips I watched, poor Guard Diver and Battle Bomber.
Guard Diver the most though, his death was brutal.
Mu La Flaga

Forgot to post this sooner and sorry for the double post.
But saw Gundam Unicorn episode 3, that was fun and entertaining.
DuelGundam2099

Just got half way through Fighbird and holy crap this series is awesome! Lets see what it has that is good:

-Neat monsters of the week? Check
-Comedic evil doctor? Check
-Funny smug detective? Check
-Catchy opening theme? Check
-Cool protagonist mecha? Check
-Abbott and Costello style evil duo? Check
-Actually decent troops? Check
-Good main character? Check

and what my current avatar indicates: DRAIAS! I have to admit, he is a well done villain, maybe he'll get a spot on my favorite anime villains list. The only real negative I have in this series is Momoko; she's like an ultra annoying Lois Lane with Haman hair that can't shut up *checks on YouTube* and if there is not a clip from animemega1216's channel there is a high chance nothing has be done about that. (tisk tisk tisk) Oh well, everything else about this series is enjoyable. 8)
DuelGundam2099

So nobody watches anime for 7 weeks in a row aside from Evol, Age, and AO? Seriously?

I just finished the three part OVA series Go Nagai World and it was funny as hell (who knew Satan turned out to be a dick girl?). :lol: Can this be called a mecha anime? It has Mazinger Z in two of the three episodes and Grendizer and Steel Jeeg for a minute.

Also watching Magic Knight Rayearth and Revolutionary Girl Utena (both at ep 14) and they are boring as *, please tell me these get better sooner or later.

I'm also thinking of watching Dagwon but I can't find subs anywhere.

*I have nothing I can properly compare
Mu La Flaga

I'm going to put this up in here.
Recently watched Red-Line damn that movie was crazy and awesome in good ways.
That race was something to remember as much as Sonoshe's rack :P
(let alone her car)
DuelGundam2099

I just finished the first season of Rayearth. So dumb, so many cop outs, so little action, such a bad cast, such bad music, how the hell did Ryu Knight not get a US release yet this did?
SlowTurtle

Currently watching Darker then Black and Deadman Wonderland. Disney Land has a super max prison how insane is tht lol.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
ShadowCell

the ADV dub of Ghost Stories

it's softened the blow that is the death of my scanner because oh my god this is hilarious
DuelGundam2099

So yeah since yesterday morning I've marathoned through a few anime. The main one is Brave Command Dagwon, at first I was iffy since subs stopped after ep 16 and apparently this series gained a significant female audience (made me wonder if this series was just fujoshi bait or something). However, seeing the first twelve episodes, I can safely say that this is a cool series, I like the monsters of the week and the designs (good old Kunio Okawara has yet to fail with his style), although the music is....... Eh. I also like the use of old kaiju movies in these monsters, it is quite amusing. Whether or not I can understand eps 17-48 will determine whether or not I'll see Goldran in the future after finishing.

Also among the recently watched anime is Rayearth. Since I wasn't in the mood to take on the second season of the series I figured it would be easier to finish the 3 ep OVA real quick. The fights were decent and the creature designs were neat, but outside of that it was just BORING. Pacing killed this quite badly and everything was too drawn out. Can the magic girl genre make anything, you know, GOOD? Guess not.

Finally out of curiosity I watched the two Danguard Ace movies last night and whole crap they were entertaining! I should see this series some time, I have yet to see a Toei series from the 70s not done by Go Nagai and the action and art style look really good for it's time. The gave off feels similar to Grendizer, Tekkaman, and to an extent Ideon. Wikipedia says it was an inspiration for Gunbuster and after seeing them I can see why. To add to the reasons to watch this series, it has monsters of the week! The insect robot saucer fusion and Gyavil were works of art and the stuff I've seen at Encyclorobopedia looks promising enough. 8)
YokozunaBulldozer

- Chugging along with Danball Senki W (the older brother of Gundam AGE when categorizing under the Level-5 branch. Of course franchise-wise Gundam would be older)
- A non-mecha show called Polar Bear Cafe. Basically it has Suzaku as a polar bear who owns a cafe, Lelouch as the protagonist Panda, Zeheart as a penguin, and Sheryl Nome as a human waitress :) Oh, and Kyosuke Nanbu is mama panda
- Gundam AGE

I am hoping to see Lord of Lords Ryu Knight from start to finish soon
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
DuelGundam2099

Up to episode 42 in Dagwon. Why is this anime so awesome? I mean for pete sake the music isn't that good and yet everything else works so well (mostly)! I mean most mecha series have good villains, be it individuals or cast, and individual heroes, but this is a rare case of a good protagonist cast. Not individuals, CAST! Ep 39's final showdown between Lian and Arch Seijin was surprisingly well done and the latter has grown on me since he kind of reminds me of Muge Zorbados from Dancouga. DagThunder/Thunder Dagwon were pretty neat with the latter being a bit of a Zambot 3 homage. Super Fire Dagwon had a nice first appearance in ep 41 (he OWNed a Ramiel parody for pete sake!), although apparently this is one of those "you can't use it too long or you'll run out of power/die" situations. To top it all off, Brave Seijin bothered doing jack squat in combat! And he killed the annoying one of the three warugaia brothers (specifically Hido)! Now that one of the three warugaia brothers is dead, it'll be interesting to see where these final six episodes go. 8)

At this point the only thing I can say is that unless the ending is ultra-mundane, anti-climactic, or has one of those pointless epilogue episodes then I can safely say that this will make my top ten favorite anime, possibly top five.