What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
LightningCount

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

TetraVaal wrote:I finally concluded the Macross Plus OAV series tonight and wow... I really don't know if there's a better Macross series than this one. I'm still reeling from how much imagination was put into this product, from the story, characters, and music, to the art, animation and every other technical category. This series requires and immediate rewatch.
I thought you finished this a while ago? Well, Macross Plus is definitely a masterpiece that I rank very highly (though there are some detractors out there who claim it's fluff). You might be interested to know that there is a "Movie Edition" that alters the story and added new scenes of story and animation. Some claim that version is better; but since I've seen the OVA version many times, and the Movie Version once, I can't weigh in on that point. Though from hearing some of the stuff they cut out...I think I'd lean more toward the OVA, despite some nice new things added for the Movie Version.
Mu La Flaga wrote:No response to my post or Lightining Count's post Tetra? :P
... :?:
Last edited by LightningCount on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Mu La Flaga

Well he seemed to be focused on something else obviously.
But didn't say if he would see them through to the end or not, not to mention the spoilers and all that was posted about Gundam Wing and Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny ect.

I mean, in all fairness as I said, I wasn't too keen on Eureka Seven, but I saw it through to the end.
TakaTahuNuva

LightningCount wrote:Dang. That’s cold. I’m sorry, but I can’t believe you sat through ZZ and just discarded Wing after 7 episodes.
To be fair, you haven't seen ZZ at all IIRC, so you're hardly in a position to judge. Yes, we get it, you love Gundam Wing. Doesn't mean that everyone should.

When I first saw Wing two years back I really disliked the show (I was affected partially by all the online hate it receives), but in retrospective the plot was actually better than a lot of other Gundam shows.

The characters still ruin it for me though.
LightningCount wrote:Though from hearing some of the stuff they cut out (I think it was 2 hours worth of material)
That can't be right; that would mean only 20 minutes of the film's footage comes from the actual OVA.
ohhhh snap
LightningCount

TakaTahuNuva wrote:
LightningCount wrote:Dang. That’s cold. I’m sorry, but I can’t believe you sat through ZZ and just discarded Wing after 7 episodes.
To be fair, you haven't seen ZZ at all IIRC, so you're hardly in a position to judge. Yes, we get it, you love Gundam Wing. Doesn't mean that everyone should.

When I first saw Wing two years back I really disliked the show (I was affected partially by all the online hate it receives), but in retrospective the plot was actually better than a lot of other Gundam shows.

The characters still ruin it for me though.
LightningCount wrote:Though from hearing some of the stuff they cut out (I think it was 2 hours worth of material)
That can't be right; that would mean only 20 minutes of the film's footage comes from the actual OVA.
Regarding Macross Plus, I misread the article I went to late last night to try to remind myself of the differences (To be fair, it's been over 11 years since I saw the Movie Edition, whereas I've seen pieces or all of the OVA Edition multiple times since--SyFy/Sci-Fi Channel runs it all of the time and I have the DVDs). Anyway, I'll cross out the previous and say that the roughly 3 hours of story from the OVA/OAV Edition has been turned into a Movie that runs about 2 hours, as I understand it. Supposedly 20 minutes were added or altered. (I might be off about this, though).

I also want to note that if you liked Macross Plus for its planes and story (beyond the fact that there was mecha), the 5-part Yukikaze OVA series and 3-part Area 88 OVA series are also anime masterpieces, IMO. Yukikaze is more of a slow burn and cerebral, though, and Area 88 is more low-tech.

Taka, you do have a legitimate point about me and ZZ. Touché! But I was speaking more to the point that Tetra was practically loathing ZZ for half the way and kept with it (admittedly, it was UC, so there was more of an incentive). For myself, I'll eventually get to ZZ, but with 00 and Unicorn so close to one another, I'm getting slightly burned out on Gundam lately. I'll admit that I think ZZ has some interesting designs...but since I've only gotten halfway through Zeta (currently on hiatus), which has underwhelmed me--particularly in its characters--I'm not ready to give the alleged half-comedy ZZ a real shot yet. And sure, I like Wing, but it's not as if it's the only series I like (and I also admit/have admitted that Wing has its flaws). While it was somewhat in vain, I wrote tons on how highly I think of 0080 here. (08th Team, G, & X are also favorites). And I have spoken of the fun and interesting merits of the CE Universe (which I once hated), as well as F-91, which I have a great deal of respect for, and 0083, which I have gotten a great amount of enjoyment from. I've respected 0079, and it's grown on me. And even if I'm not crazy about Zeta yet, I understand it was important to the evolution of the Gundam franchise.

Anyway, I know Gundam Wing is different/divisive, particularly if the UC timeline is an individual's definition of Gundam, but I think I was just a little surprised given that Tetra found 00 Season 1 okay enough; and to me, Gundam Wing is a more fleshed out and grounded exploration of the concepts 00 Season 1 glossed over (no disrespect to 00, which still had its positives). Also, Gundam X's Estard Arc, ep's 25-28, is very clearly in the vein of Wing, and Tetra liked X. Regardless, it's good to see him working through SEED (which I'd say had more weird hiccups than Wing, despite my growing appreciation for it). In all fairness, having a lackluster experience so far with Zeta, despite a few high points in the early going, I can understand losing interest in a series... I don't mean to be a pest. But if I could say one last thing in this post, it's that it's more surprising in some ways because Gundam Wing is more of a stand-alone mecha show. It has its own history of mecha development that plays out largely in the show, and the characters are very linked to their mecha, and the advancements in mecha affect the politics, so I kind of think of Wing as a defining show in the genre, even if you take away the Gundam name. (Though the name is fitting, as it serves to show why the idea of a Gundam should be feared more clearly than most series).
Last edited by LightningCount on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
TetraVaal

Bahhh... I'll have to address everything that was directed towards me at another time, as I'm getting ready to head off to work.

I will say this, I am watching both SEED and Wing one after the other. I decided to try and give Wing another shot and I'm through 12 episodes, but with no change of an opinion. I'm through 25 episodes of SEED and outside of the characters of Athrun, Fllay, and Cagalli... the show pretty much sucks, yeah.
wielder

LightningCount wrote: I also want to note that if you liked Macross Plus for its planes and story (beyond the fact that there was mecha), the 5-part Yukikaze OVA series and 3-part Area 88 OVA series are also anime masterpieces, IMO. Yukikaze is more of a slow burn and cerebral, though, and Area 88 is more low-tech.
While I can't speak for the other title at all, Area 88 really is one of the best OVAs I've seen. The story does aim for pure drama, which may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I do think it managed to effectively tell the tale of a man who is forced to become a mercenary against his will and has to deal with the moral and personal consequences.

The fact that the show has some of the best animation as far as dogfights and airplanes are concerned is also an incentive for those interested in such things. Granted, the designs are clearly stuck in the 1980s and the same thing goes for its soundtrack and insert songs but they were still enjoyable enough for me.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Mu La Flaga

TetraVaal wrote:Bahhh... I'll have to address everything that was directed towards me at another time, as I'm getting ready to head off to work.

I will say this, I am watching both SEED and Wing one after the other. I decided to try and give Wing another shot and I'm through 12 episodes, but with no change of an opinion. I'm through 25 episodes of SEED and outside of the characters of Athrun, Fllay, and Cagalli... the show pretty much sucks, yeah.
Things will start to change more once you hit episode 29 and 30, then not so long afterwards there will be over events that occur in episodes.
34 and 35 shape the ArchAngels crew's opinions a bit.

There is also some other stuff which happens soon after especially 37 and gets good going towards the end.

For Wing I would say keep on going, things do change over time.
TetraVaal

I don't know, man... SEED is starting to pile up with the plot contrivances (why am I not surprised that Cogalli has turned out to be a princess?), watch, next she'll turn out to be Kira's brother... this show is due for a twist like that. I'll be any amount of money I'm right, that's how predictable this series is. If I'm wrong, I'll type up a 10 paragraph essay on how much I love ZZ Gundam and Gundam Wing. Also, the music is mixed too loudly for this show and every time you turn around, there's some sad piano music playing to compliment the ever so melodrama of this series, I can't stand it. Athrun is the only interesting part of SEED now... Kira is the worst Gundam pilot, ever. Someone needs to throw that kid a pack of Tampax every time he goes out to pilot the Strike. Oh, and is Yzak voiced by the same guy who did Garrod Ran for Gundam X? They sound alike, that's for sure.

EDIT: Nicoli or whatever his name is, getting sliced in half by the Strike's sword, while blood filled in on his mask, was some pretty hardcore shit, I'll say that much.
Raiden

Yzak is actually voiced by Domon Kashuu's Seiyuu.
LightningCount

TetraVaal wrote:I don't know, man... SEED is starting to pile up with the plot contrivances...
EDIT: Nicoli or whatever his name is, getting sliced in half by the Strike's sword, while blood filled in on his mask, was some pretty hardcore ZOINKS, I'll say that much.
"Contrivances" vary I think given experiences, perspective, and the overall structure of a story. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't--it's give and take. (There are some in SEED that really bother me, and some that I could care less about. Cagalli being a princess is one that really didn't bug me too much--the "lost princess" element in storytelling goes back at least as far as the historical tale of Anastasia...and if you extend that to lost princes and kings, Robin Hood and others even come to mind). It particularly doesn't bother me too much considering that we knew there was more to her the moment she talked about the Gundams and her father "betraying everyone" in episode 1. But really, just playing devil's advocate here, Unicorn having Mineva be a "princess in disguise" to Banagher, or having Banagher's father involved with the mecha he pilots, or having a support pilot who's not quite as good as the Gundam pilot but serves as timely support (in Riddhe)...all of these things are contrivances, as well. (You could say things along these lines about other entries or popular anime like Evangelion as well, but I bring up Unicorn because it's your measuring stick usually).

As for Nichol's fate, yeah, that was gruesome, and a sample of how brutally visual the CE universe can be.

**EDIT: As for Wing, seeing as how you were up through 12 last time you mentioned it, I'd just like to frame what I would say is particularly interesting up this point, IMO. I know you're probably not going to be a fan of the action-theatrics (IE: Wufei throwing a flight-type MS into a helicopter!), but I enjoy the ironic fact that the Gundams incredible combat capabilities have been proven useless in the face of the colonies being held hostage by a threatened strike from OZ. With the Gundams "defeated," the pilots are forced to reevaluate themselves and wander in a chaotic world filled with many "meaningless" battles. And in this, there's a neat narrative balance that shows the changing world and developing characters in various locales, and how much everything is in flux. A microcosm of that: In episode 12, you see an intrigue in a region of former China where Sally of the Alliance has been forced to work with rebels to challenge the growing influence of OZ; meanwhile, a group trying to secure their own independent state in the current chaotic climate, with true believers like Nanaki, are double-crossed by one of their commanders, who cuts a deal with OZ. And in the middle of it all is Wufei, haunted by his current failures and his past, alongside a pervasive argument about the definitions and responsibilities of "strength and weakness," which he has with Sally, who could have just as well been his enemy had they met at a different time. I revel in how much is going on. There's other things even at this early point, but that, in a nutshell, explains why this series had me hooked and waiting for the next episodes all of the time.
TetraVaal

Admittingly, I may be biased and able to turn the other cheek when it comes to Unicorn's theatrics, but in its defense, the whole "princess" concept originated from the UC timeline for the Gundam metaseries, so it's far more forgiveable (especially when you consider Mineva ties in from the Zeta universe, so it's relevant to the plot). Regardless, it's not so much that I hate contrivances, as they're almost unavoidable in any medium of entertainment, it's the way the contrivances unfold. The fact that no one has yet to say that Cogalli isn't Kira's brother, has me worried that I was easily able to predict that). It's starting to feel like 00 all over again, only instead of every character having some dire love interest... these characters are all some how conveniently connected to one another. Look, I'm not the type of individual who hates on something just to hate on it, but I can honestly see why a lot of fans consider the SEED universe to be the black eye to Gundam, it's worse than ZZ and Wing, I kid you not. If it weren't for me being 32 episodes in, I would have called this show quits and never given it the time of day every again (at least with ZZ, I wanted to see it through to see how it tied to Unicorn, and with Wing, even with as much as I dislike it, it's not unbearable to the point that I wouldn't be able to finish it... eventually). I almost hate the fact that there's a follow up to SEED, but thankfully, there's movies to make up for what I'm sure is an equally awful, if not worse series.

As for Wing, I understand and respect the aspects you're listing. Unfortunately, I don't find the characters, themes, or the action appealing. I probably won't be able to run through this series like I've been able to in the past, but I think (eventually) I'll be able to finish it. I didn't think I'd say this so soon, but with the third volume of Unicorn coming up, I'm so burnt out on Gundam right now, that I think once I conclude SEED, I might start something like Eureka Seven (which I always intended to finish, when I started it months ago, but that was around the same time when my sudden interest in Gundam spawned). I may even watch something like Full Metal Panic even... not necessarily my cup of tea judging from the trailers, seems too teenish, but I need some sort of change of pace.

Oh, and one last thing with Unicorn... I use it as a measuring stick for Gundam, to some extent. I mainly think its measuring stick comes with its animation, its story is still simple and to the point, much like all Gundams. I just think it has likeable characters and terrific pacing... but it's by no means a Patlabor or Neon Genesis Evangelion.
DuelGundam2099

The fact that no one has yet to say that Cogalli isn't Kira's brother
*Sister
I might start something like Eureka Seven
It has obnoxious amounts of talking and bad music, proceed with caution.
Full Metal Panic even... not necessarily my cup of tea judging from the trailers, seems too teenishp
You really have no idea how much of an understatement that part in bold is.

Anyway, I'm up to episode 40 in Metal Armor Dragonar. Holy hell did Tomino give out a can of grim reaper on the villain cast. Seriously, most of the Cobra Team got scrapped and the Giganos Empire has really bad internal conflict in it that makes the Oz from Gundam Wing look sane. There's also the obvious Zambot 3 looking Gilgizamunes, how can a machine not read three targets close to each other? :lol: If you haven't seen it yet it's great.
TetraVaal

*Sister
:lol:, I would butcher that...
It has obnoxious amounts of talking and bad music, proceed with caution.
I've always been a dialogue over action type of guy, anyway. As for the music, I can't see it being any worse than what I'm hearing from SEED.
You really have no idea how much of an understatement that part in bold is.
The action looks pretty nice, though.
reeoyuy

TetraVaal wrote:
Oh, and one last thing with Unicorn... I use it as a measuring stick for Gundam, to some extent. I mainly think its measuring stick comes with its animation, its story is still simple and to the point, much like all Gundams. I just think it has likeable characters and terrific pacing... but it's by no means a Patlabor or Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Man, your standard is too high. I think you should have more tolerance when dealing with older series, considering that trends and fans demand are much different than what we have today. Things like pacing and storytelling is evolving over time, changed when something groundbreaking influenced the whole industry. And of course, fans preference changes too. So if you have a hard time on Wing or SEED, I can understand.

Just think of series you don't like as history lesson. That way you can appreciate how Gundam evolves over time before it reach the level of Unicorn.
DuelGundam2099 wrote: It has obnoxious amounts of talking and bad music, proceed with caution.
I'm not into rave music culture too, but I think the music fits the lifestyle of Gekko-go crews. And I love the last OP song (Sakura by Nirgilis). Other OP and ED songs aren't that bad also.
Zeino

TetraVaal wrote:Admittingly, I may be biased and able to turn the other cheek when it comes to Unicorn's theatrics, but in its defense, the whole "princess" concept originated from the UC timeline for the Gundam metaseries, so it's far more forgiveable (especially when you consider Mineva ties in from the Zeta universe, so it's relevant to the plot). Regardless, it's not so much that I hate contrivances, as they're almost unavoidable in any medium of entertainment, it's the way the contrivances unfold. The fact that no one has yet to say that Cogalli isn't Kira's brother, has me worried that I was easily able to predict that). It's starting to feel like 00 all over again, only instead of every character having some dire love interest... these characters are all some how conveniently connected to one another. Look, I'm not the type of individual who hates on something just to hate on it, but I can honestly see why a lot of fans consider the SEED universe to be the black eye to Gundam, it's worse than ZZ and Wing, I kid you not. If it weren't for me being 32 episodes in, I would have called this show quits and never given it the time of day every again (at least with ZZ, I wanted to see it through to see how it tied to Unicorn, and with Wing, even with as much as I dislike it, it's not unbearable to the point that I wouldn't be able to finish it... eventually). I almost hate the fact that there's a follow up to SEED, but thankfully, there's movies to make up for what I'm sure is an equally awful, if not worse series.

As for Wing, I understand and respect the aspects you're listing. Unfortunately, I don't find the characters, themes, or the action appealing. I probably won't be able to run through this series like I've been able to in the past, but I think (eventually) I'll be able to finish it. I didn't think I'd say this so soon, but with the third volume of Unicorn coming up, I'm so burnt out on Gundam right now, that I think once I conclude SEED, I might start something like Eureka Seven (which I always intended to finish, when I started it months ago, but that was around the same time when my sudden interest in Gundam spawned). I may even watch something like Full Metal Panic even... not necessarily my cup of tea judging from the trailers, seems too teenish, but I need some sort of change of pace.

I just like to comment that you, Mr. TetraVaal seem to be following a common patten I've seen among quite a few mecha anime fans. These fans hate Gundam Wing and Seed with a passion but love the UC series especially Zeta , like X and adore Neon Genesis Evangelion. They also like Turn A which I also suspect you will as well.
LightningCount

@TetraVaal:

Full Metal Panic: I haven't tried much of it. But from what I've experienced, there is a little good action in the first season, and a lot more good action in the second season. Overall, though, it doesn't look like my cup of tea in its characters and themes.

Eureka 7: I started this series maybe five years ago...and never got around to finishing it. I still feel like I should, just for the sake of doing so, but it never hooked me. It has good animation and a good story in theory (and there are short stretches of excellent episodes), but too much goofiness and meandering, combined with a lackluster cast of characters hurt it for me.

Gundam SEED Destiny: From what I've read/seen, the movie versions are more complete than the movie versions of SEED (which are supposedly terrible), and have cut out some fat; but in doing so, some of the battles they've skimmed over or dropped in Destiny would be missed by me. Regardless, I don't expect you to like Destiny. The animation is better, but is often looped and reused. Its narrative gradually becomes sloppy like 00 Season 2 (especially its last quarter of episodes), but maybe not quite as boring to watch unfold in my mind as 00 Season 2. It has some fun battles, some good new characters, and some fascinating dialogues about the nature of one's "destiny" (which may be cut from the movies given that one of the best ones occurred during a late clip episode featuring a metaphysical chess match). I actually hope to re-watch this series in the near future and give it a more complete evaluation...

For a change of pace:

*Something in the vein of Evangelion in terms of epic flair and mind twists: The Big-O (Noir giant-robots and elements of Batman and James Bond with a Fritz Lang/HP Lovecraft-inspired atmosphere), and/or RahXephon...To a lesser extent, less enthusiastically, Gasaraki, which is a really different take on real-robot mecha by the creator of VOTOMS...but it's really slow with a largely lackluster cast. However, I give it runner-up props for what it does accomplish in trying to do something new. The Big-O and RahXephon are ranked very highly by me, though. (Then again, keep in mind that I liked elements of Evangelion, but did not like Evangelion as a whole, particularly in terms of its main characters. And generally people are on the side of the fence with Evangelion or the side of the fence with RahXephon. The Big-O has fans in both corners).

*Plane drama: Yukikaze 5-part OVA (classic sci-fi tale about AI, human sanity, and an inter-dimensional war) or Area 88 3-part OVA (not remade TV version) which deals with a man tricked into an 80s era mercenary squad and forced to earn his freedom through living a life he cannot stand. Another classic.

*Space cowboy/sci-fi bounty-hunting with more than meets the eye in story: Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and/or Trigun. (The former two are by Sunrise, the latter by Madhouse. None are entirely perfect, but all are fun classics with rich sci-fi atmosphere, neat characters, and solid stories. Of note: Macross Plus' director went on to help develop Cowboy Bebop).

*Supernatural investigation: Witch Hunter Robin (Kind of like Ghost in the Shell, but with better character development. About a group that tracks so-called witches in modern times. It's a series that I thought was solid when I first saw it, and then realized later on that it was something special. Kind of slow, though, but not as slow as GitS).

*I heard you might want some samurai action a while back--if so, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal is great on all fronts. Sword of Stranger has some fun moments of excellent animation but a mundane story with a mixed bag of characters. If you want really old-school, powers-based samurai in a modern-ish setting, Sunrise's Yoriden: Samurai Troopers is enjoyable for its uniqueness (but it doesn't hit its stride until 3 or so episodes in). Samurai Champloo is a series that has some great animation, but is really goofy and random more often than not.

Lastly, on another note:

I appreciate you explaining that some of the dislike of something like Wing is a matter of your taste in themes, action-style, and such. Wing does rely heavily on a conversation about the politics of war and the mindset of humankind. It's not particularly a normal structure of one side versus another side, and characters like Treize Kushrenada are not as easy to understand as someone like Giren Zabi (already you've seen him happily allow Wufei to live after a duel where he had him dead to rights, and scold his confidant, Lady Une, for her excessive actions at both the New Edwards Base and Siberia). Story-wise, a clear, permanent "goal" is not set in front for the viewer, so it becomes an exploration of people and their comings and goings in a chaotic world to find what the goal or goals should be. The Gundam pilots find themselves in all kinds of situations and being perceived as symbols for various things--often that they neither desired nor were prepared for. In some ways, it's more like a play--well, a play with lots of mecha stunts.

And in that, I feel the dialogue/monologues are the most memorable/quotable in Gundam Wing of all the Gundams. Sure, it won't often be "average joe" talk, if that's your thing, but it gets very academic and philosophical to the point where you really have to think about it as the series evolves. It turns some preconceived definitions of words upside down even. That the series is punctuated by so much loud, stylistic action, sometimes it's easy to forget that there's more there.

With regard to SEED, I would never put it above Wing personally, and I can see how it bothers fans, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it garbage. It actually took seeing 00 play out through its two seasons to see the merits of SEED in the way it tried to tell a complete story. I think somewhere around episode 34 is where it capitalizes on its story. Nevertheless, I still found the thematic breakdown of the "eye for an eye" fallacy in SEED to be well done (IE: Nichol and Tolle), and I enjoy some of the different takes on technology and combat. Really, Rau is the person that makes the series hold together for me. (PS: There are a few too many melodramatic pieces used, but all and all, SEED's soundtrack is pretty good, IMO, with nice diversity).

At the end of the day, I think with Gundam, I like to see cool mecha doing cool things, with characters that have fascinating quirks, in a world that has depth/scope in its structure, and that also deals with the themes/elements of war in a reflective manner. Despite all of SEED's glaring flaws, it has a little bit of all these things I like (more so than some of the more traditional Gundam stories I've seen, and certainly more than the average anime or live-action series/movie), and that's why it's grown on me since I first watched it. Really, a lot depends on what you want from a series, and what you're willing to tolerate to find the smaller kernels and the solid gold nuggets.

Zeino noted that at least 50% of people that get into Gundam eventually cite UC as their thing; but ironically, that same camp usually likes X...but also often finds enjoyment in G-Gundam. A wild dichotomy to be sure. But hey, something for everybody.
TetraVaal

I got 38 and a half episodes into SEED and just flat out called it quits. The last straw was when Kira and Athrun finally mended fences and Cagalli's stupid ass gave them a group hug, that was the worst scene I've ever watched from a Gundam series, for real. I don't think this has ever happened before... I don't think I've ever quit an anime series (Hell, a television series for that matter) when I only had 11 episodes to finish, that's how terrible SEED is. I can honestly say that Gundam SEED is quite possibly the absolute WORST anime series I have ever tried to sit through.

Also, did Code Geass rip off Gundam SEED? The reason I ask that is, Euphie seems to bear a lot of resemblence to Lacus (and not just in appearance). Plus, there's that episode where Athrun and Cagalli are stuck on an island together, which instantly reminded me of the episode where Suzaku and Kallen are stuck on an island. If so, this would explain why I also hate Geass so much.

Anyway, can someone just spoil both SEED and SEED Destiny for me? I'm never going to revisit these series ever again. So what happens between Kira and Athrun? What happens to Fllay? What happens in SEED Destiny and what turns out to be the ultimate resolution? Thanks in advance.
DuelGundam2099

Anyway, can someone just spoil both SEED and SEED Destiny for me? I'm never going to revisit these series ever again. So what happens between Kira and Athrun? What happens to Fllay? What happens in SEED Destiny and what turns out to be the ultimate resolution? Thanks in advance.
Okay then:

MASSIVE FRIGGIN' SPOILERS FOR ANYONE NOT FINISHED WITH SEED/HAS YET TO SEE SEED DESTINY!
Spoiler
-The Raider, Forbidden, and Claamity pilots are annoying as hell as remain as such until they're killed off (in reverse order) in the final ep.
-Neutron Jammer Canceller technology is given from Rau when he sends Flay to an Archangel class ship, Dominion.
-Speaking of Flay, Rau kills her with the Providences Dragoons, which are just fin funnels.
-Buster is half destroyed by Rau's Providence Gundam.
-Mu "dies" in the Strike from Domion's weapons. He later comes back in SEED Destiny as Neo Roanoke, turns out he lived. The only possible explaination is that the cockpit never really blew up but there was just a bunch of smoke around it.
-Athrun uses the Justice's self destruct sequences to destroy Genesis, a device strong enough to make the entire Earth inhabitable.
-Kira turns out to be a testube baby and was place in the same womb as Cagalli's mother.
-Rau's a clone of Mu approved by Mu's father, but because of that he is defected and ages fast (hence why he has to take pills).

Also, no one from SEED dies in SEED Destiny. If anything they become the good guys after one of the Earth Alliance's best pilots dies and set the new cast's a$$es straightened.
I can honestly say that Gundam SEED is quite possibly the absolute WORST anime series I have ever tried to sit through.
Clearly someone has not seen Mai-Hime.
TetraVaal

Wow, that all sounds like a collection of plot disasters, especially
Spoiler
Kira turning out to be a test tube baby.
Man, I'm so glad I didn't waste my time finishing that series and Destiny. Thanks for the answers, BTW, much appreciated.

I think I'll start Eureka Seven next.
DuelGundam2099

Thanks for the answers, BTW, much appreciated.
Any time TV. 8)
Man, I'm so glad I didn't waste my time finishing that series
I found the final battle entertaining as hell, but that's just me personally. Have fun with Eureka Seven. Just be warned, when you intend to see the movie it will be MUCH darker than the series. Kind of like what happened with Nadeisco.