The Official Identify this Show Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Henyo

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

i've got a new one:

the main character is a pink haired girl. she uses a hammer as a weapon. from what i saw in my Megami magazines, its based on a game.(PC i think) the OVA has 2 episodes if i recall correctly.
MC's outfit has a similar color scheme to Nanoha's.(agaian, IIRC.)
sadly, i can't recall any details about her mecha.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
PrissAsagiri UK

Henyo wrote:the main character is a pink haired girl. she uses a hammer as a weapon. from what i saw in my Megami magazines, its based on a game.(PC i think) the OVA has 2 episodes if i recall correctly.
MC's outfit has a similar color scheme to Nanoha's.(agaian, IIRC.)
Could it be Tristia of the Deep Blue Sea?
izzylaif

80/90s anime, crystal powered, keyboard controlled

I had this VHS tape in the very early nineties. American version. There was an anime (possibly be an episode). The only thing I remember were mecha (not really giant), which landed on some planet I think. These also maybe fighter spacecraft, but I think those were robots.
The pilot was a young guy.
The robot has a very peculiar power source - there were some huge, long shaped minerals, which they harvested and pushed into tube-like fuel compartments.
These mechas also had peculiar control. In the cockpit, threre was a piano-like keyboard, but without black keys. The pilot pressed those keys and the keys glowed in acknoledgement.

That's all I remember. Please help.

This is NOT:
Tekkaman Blade / Teknoman
Tenkuu no Escaflowne
Robotech
Code Geass
Compass

Re: 80/90s anime, crystal powered, keyboard controlled

There's an official identify this show thread like 4 threads above this one.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Henyo

PrissAsagiri UK wrote: Could it be Tristia of the Deep Blue Sea?

Aye! thank you very much! i didn't have much time to go online the fast few days.(overtime is gonna kill me soon.) time to watch this one out of curiosity! :lol:
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Quiddity

Heavy Metal L-Gaim OVA III has a character that pilots his mecha by playing a keyboard inside the cockpit. Been quite a while since I've seen it though so can't recall if it corresponds with the rest of the features you mentioned.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
ShadowCell

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSION HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

carry on
YokozunaBulldozer

ShadowCell wrote:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSION HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

carry on
*presses buzzer
What is Gaogaigar?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
teslashark

I've asked about what this is some years ago and no one knew of it back then, but what the hell...

Feature length, all-CGI (maybe by I.G?), before 2008
Future setting, not on Earth
Protagonist is a girl, adopted by a black ops veteran/retired general?
Her city turns into a giant robot in the end to fight another robot
There used to be a war between "new" and "old" humans, one side is presumed to be wiped out
Troopers in ful body armor, carry really large rifles (but apparently you can use it without the armor), no mobile suits are around
Features a vertical shaft climing scene before the robots are activated
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
genesis_pig

Need help figuring out this mecha anime?

I used to watch this as a kid.

It had this kid yelling out something and a Giant Robot would appear in the sky.
The kid would then be absorbed in the Mecha's chest plate, which had a tiny circular disc.
Occasionally the kid would also come out on the robot's palm while he flew.

This is all I remember as of now. Any clues on this?

I also recollect the kid riding a bike sometimes.
Strike Zero

Sounds like you might be talking about Astroganger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIJeE-DxGk
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
genesis_pig

Strike Zero wrote:Sounds like you might be talking about Astroganger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIJeE-DxGk
Thank you so much. That's the one.
Gangeman

Hi

like everyone else i saw this mecha anime when i was very young, i think around the mid-late 90s
what i remember is:
  • the main character, a boy around mid teens seems to be on his own quite a bit. no friends of such that i remember
  • one night he runs to a large hill (not quite big enough to be a mountain as such but big enough to hide a mecha) but i dont remember why. think there was a storm or raining quite hard too
  • something happens (rockslide/landslide) on the hillside to reveal a small part of the mecha, a glass like sphere on its chest. The sphere is the entry point but it doesnt open, instead it absorbs the pilot into the mecha
  • the boy comes back to the mecha for the next couple of days and goes into the sphere before accidently being able to move it because of an incoming threat.
  • threat is human based, military/organisation and not aliens.
  • i cant be sure about this bit but i believe it was almost like a gundam style looking mecha. the picture quality and design of the show is also later than gundam wing
  • it was in english dubbed that i saw on tv, most likely cartoon network as thats all i used to watch things on
other than that i only saw a couple of episodes but was in to it, not sure what happened or why i didnt see more of it.

any help appreciated, thanks!
hitokirigarou

^
Platinumhugen Ordian / Ginsou Kikou Ordian?
Rain-maler

In around 2003 or 2004, there was an anime that aired on Animax in India.

It was about a girl who had a sword, and was able to call a dragon like a light from the sky, which she used to bring up a mecha. All the fights were mecha fights. The mecha was able to transform into various elemental forms.

There was a cat like Meowth from Pokémon, which sacrificed itself in a episode to give a new transformation to the robot.

The characters were preteen or teen, and the story was set in future. The girls used to stand atop a structure like Snake Way (from DBZ).

After the show's run ended, it was replaced by The Adventures of T-Rex.

What is the name of this anime?
izzylaif

Quiddity wrote:Heavy Metal L-Gaim OVA III has a character that pilots his mecha by playing a keyboard inside the cockpit. Been quite a while since I've seen it though so can't recall if it corresponds with the rest of the features you mentioned.
Thank you for your effort. Unfortunately this show is not what I'm looking for.
mechaxe

Which Anime is it?

hey guys, i am just trying to find an anime i used to watch as a kid but for the life of me i cant remember what it was called.

now i was hoping that if i give you guys some details some one can maybe help me?

So what i can remember is that it was a mecha anime based in space (i know right really narrows the list down)

now the one of the other things that really stands out in my memory is that they used crystal shard to transform in their mech suits (one had a blue crystal, another a green then a red one etc etc)

now i know it is much to go on but any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
AGF-Antoine

Re: Which Anime is it?

From your description I directly thought of Tekkaman Blade, of which the dub was called Teknoman.

I happen to encounter a lot of people searching for it around here, since they only aired a few episodes, before parents complained and got it's broadcast discontinued.

Hope this helps.

AGF-Antoine
mechaxe

Re: Which Anime is it?

thanks man, i just youtubed it and it was spot on.

really appreciate it, have been loooking for this for ages
False Prophet

There is not an identify this game thread, so I will ask about the identify of this game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0DQV9_PeSY) here. Anyone know