Turn-A Gundam getting a US DVD release!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

Turn-A Gundam getting a US DVD release!

I just pre-ordered my copy over at Rightstuf and boy am I excited. Now is our chance as fans to support this franchise and hopefully with enough sales we might get some other Gundam series stateside.

So lets do our part and wish for the best!

Some info...

• Media - DVD
• Format - Japanese Audio with English Subtitles
• 625 Minutes (Episodes 1-25)
• Date Available - Jun 30 2015

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 5253/4/0/0
Last edited by MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
LightningCount

Re: Turn-A Gundam getting a US DVD release!

Thanks for the news. I've been waiting for the press release. Very exciting and tempting. Very hopeful we'll see Gundam X in the near-future!
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Bought mine last night! Turn A is my favorite series and i couldn't be more excited! Been meaning to rewatch it and soon i will own it!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Ziryab

Good lookin out!

Was sad to see it cancelled the first time around when Bandai axed its American branch.

Hopefully it'll get enough feedback to warrant other series getting an English subtitles release.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
zetatype

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't waste any time time putting down my pre-order, don't wanna miss out on this like I did with the original MSG release a couple years ago.
teslashark

Wonder if they have to do anything to the music tracks?
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Quiddity

^I sure hope not. That was probably my biggest disappointment about the Zeta Gundam release.

Looking very forward to this. Its my favorite of the Gundam series that have yet to be officially released here. Would have loved to have a dub, but I understand that financially it doesn't make sense to do so.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Epic SA-X Guy

I take this isn't going to be on Blu-Ray as well?
gunform1010

Epic SA-X Guy wrote:I take this isn't going to be on Blu-Ray as well?
Nope. Too soon. You know, reverse importation fears. :mrgreen:
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Epic SA-X Guy

gunform1010 wrote:
Nope. Too soon. You know, reverse importation fears. :mrgreen:
That sucks. Are RightStuf issuing any Gundam Blu-Rays (other than The Origin Collector's Edition)?
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I honestly don't see any chance for an official region 1 Gundam series (25+ Episodes) released on Blu-Ray.

I think we are all lucky to even get a full fledge Gundam series on DVD nowadays.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
gunform1010

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:

I honestly don't see any chance for an official region 1 Gundam series (25+ Episodes) released on Blu-Ray.

I think we are all lucky to even get a full fledge Gundam series on DVD nowadays.
I dunno about that. As long as they wait long enough until after demand for the BD dies down in Japan it'll be fine.

Epic SA-X Guy

gunform1010 wrote:
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:

I dunno about that. As long as they wait long enough until after demand for the BD dies down in Japan it'll be fine.
Japanese BDs often go out of print after a while.

A move like this though is probably not in their best interest. I'm sure the ground has been well trodden about how it would be better for their business to offer these sets at lower prices, for reasons that don't just include 'Reverse Importing'.
Outlaw

Nice to see a release date for this and I'm pleasantly surprised that I didn't get sticker shock when I clicked the link. I'll definitely try to pick this up both to support english gundam releases and as one of the few main series I haven't seen.

Epic SA-X Guy wrote:Japanese BDs often go out of print after a while.

A move like this though is probably not in their best interest. I'm sure the ground has been well trodden about how it would be better for their business to offer these sets at lower prices, for reasons that don't just include 'Reverse Importing'.
Related note: I remember reading an article a while back that reported that while digital has caused DVD sales to hold/shrink slightly Blu-Ray has dropped off sharply. So, potential contributing factor.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Epic SA-X Guy

Outlaw wrote:Related note: I remember reading an article a while back that reported that while digital has caused DVD sales to hold/shrink slightly Blu-Ray has dropped off sharply. So, potential contributing factor.
Just for anime or in general?
Outlaw

In general. I think it was also talking about the US market, the didn't specify but that is what I presumed. I'd try to find it again but this was a whole ago so I wouldn't know where to begin. Also, internet facts sooo grain of salt and all that.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Darkerangel

Soooo question, isn't Turn A already in blu-ray form? Or was that just the movies? Because I thought it was, just didn't have any subtitles on it.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
gunform1010

Darkerangel wrote:Soooo question, isn't Turn A already in blu-ray form? Or was that just the movies? Because I thought it was, just didn't have any subtitles on it.
Turn-A just got two boxes of BR in Japan months ago.

Ceiling_Squid

Nice!

Will be pre-ordering this.

Personally, I'm more excited for when we eventually see a V Gundam DVD release, assuming this new distribution deal with Rightstuf continues successfully.

So preorder your DVDs, people! Let's give them the numbers they need.
SonicSP

I wonder whether they'll use Loran or Rolan?