Question about CCA movie and light novel

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mr Bushido

Question about CCA movie and light novel

Just a quick question but which is cannon to the Gundam story? The movie or the novel? I came across this and I have no clue.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Dark Duel

Re: Question about CCA movie and light novel

A good rule of thumb to remember with Gundam: Animation trumps written works every time.
That is Bandai/Sunrise's official position on the issue - only animated works are considered "official".
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Cardi Doorl

OP, this thread should be supremely enlightening - and liberating.

The better rule of thumb is that there simply is no rigid canon whatsoever. Bandai/Sunrise use the term "official" and it's not just a semantic quibble in that there seems to be a significant difference that's difficult for Western fans to grasp (given the different nature of Western fandoms).

But really, I'm not gonna ramble on: read the thread I linked, then come back here with any questions you might still have.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Mr Bushido

Awesome thanks! I will definitely read that.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
2NA Fish

Also, just a note there are 2 different CCA novels out there. One is Beltochika's Children, while the other is closer to the movie version.