Macross Frontier Movies

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Ocho

Re: Macross Frontier Movies

Destiny_Gundam wrote:It's an ending to be sure, but is it a good one? That's a matter of opinion, of course.
It does seem to cheapen the ending when this marketing tactic is used. Kawamori seems to be addicted using this for tv shows: SDF, 7 and frontier.
Also throughout the movie we were presented with multiple would-be-deaths but it would never turn out too be so bcuz kawamori is so afraid of finishing things off. I must say its starting to get annoying and unbelievable.

But I' guess I'm still going to watch it...
"I... I won't die alone. I'm gonna take your soul along with me when I go.""Because of your stupidity the earth remains trampled under the feet of fools."
VF5SS

You do realize that Kawamori did not write or direct the majority of SDF Macross or Frontier and did did not do either of those duties when it came to 7 right? Even Zero wasn't written by him, but rather one of the original writers for SDF Macross. I know he's an easy target of criticism as the George Lucas of anime (when it's not Tomino) but give the other jokers behind this stuff some of their due too.
Arbiter GUNDAM

And how about that sweet Basara-ish VF-1 that Ranka was rockin' at one point?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Ocho

VF5SS wrote:You do realize that Kawamori did not write or direct the majority of SDF Macross or Frontier and did did not do either of those duties when it came to 7 right? Even Zero wasn't written by him, but rather one of the original writers for SDF Macross. I know he's an easy target of criticism as the George Lucas of anime (when it's not Tomino) but give the other jokers behind this stuff some of their due too.

Truth. Yet I'm sure when you command a certain amount of influence within the franchise you have a say in the direction it goes. You'll see in this interview how much influence he has... with deaths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvwh3r6ev9s
"I... I won't die alone. I'm gonna take your soul along with me when I go.""Because of your stupidity the earth remains trampled under the feet of fools."