Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:58 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
It's an ending to be sure, but is it a good one? That's a matter of opinion, of course.

It does seem to cheapen the ending when this marketing tactic is used. Kawamori seems to be addicted using this for tv shows: SDF, 7 and frontier.
Also throughout the movie we were presented with multiple would-be-deaths but it would never turn out too be so bcuz kawamori is so afraid of finishing things off. I must say its starting to get annoying and unbelievable.

But I' guess I'm still going to watch it...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:35 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

You do realize that Kawamori did not write or direct the majority of SDF Macross or Frontier and did did not do either of those duties when it came to 7 right? Even Zero wasn't written by him, but rather one of the original writers for SDF Macross. I know he's an easy target of criticism as the George Lucas of anime (when it's not Tomino) but give the other jokers behind this stuff some of their due too.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:01 pm 
Der Bigen Slicen

And how about that sweet Basara-ish VF-1 that Ranka was rockin' at one point?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:36 am 
Mecha Flunky

VF5SS wrote:
You do realize that Kawamori did not write or direct the majority of SDF Macross or Frontier and did did not do either of those duties when it came to 7 right? Even Zero wasn't written by him, but rather one of the original writers for SDF Macross. I know he's an easy target of criticism as the George Lucas of anime (when it's not Tomino) but give the other jokers behind this stuff some of their due too.

Truth. Yet I'm sure when you command a certain amount of influence within the franchise you have a say in the direction it goes. You'll see in this interview how much influence he has... with deaths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvwh3r6ev9s

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga