The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

Re: The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk II

neolordmaxwell wrote:
Spoiler
I wouldn't be surprised. I know the fandom's clamored about it being an unfinished plot thread, but the whole Beowulf concept never seemed much more than window dressing to me. It didn't serve much story purpose other than give Axel a motivation to want to fight Kyosuke, and to give a justification for the Shadow Mirror to want to try their plans on this side, since their own world got crap-sacked.

Given that the Shadow Mirror storyline itself is effectively over with no where else really do go at this point even in the games, handling him like this isn't a bad way to give the fandom what it wanted to see without really having to do or change much. I've always rather doubted that they had any plans on really doing much else with him gameside, anyway.
Spoiler
I agree. In GBA OG2 we got a battle map cut scene that showed Axel plowing into the Beowulves line to buy time for Lemon and the others, then fade to white as he did so. In OGs, you get to use the just jacked from TLI Soulgain to play that scene out and hold off the Beowulves' Gespensts, but you don't get to fight Beowulf and his Mk.III yourself.
The Inspector finally shows the full story behind that confrontation (outside of that one audio drama bit) and to what extent that the Shadow Mirror world Kyosuke had been corrupted by the Einst. Having him as the Final Boss in the anime wraps up that plot line completely and closes the door on the Shadow Mirror story for good. And I'm happy with that.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mu La Flaga

@Wingnut:
The main difference I wanted to point out.
Spoiler
Alfimi in the games just faded away after Stern Regisseur died.
In the Inspector her mech got completely broken apart.
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
In both versions Alfimi was completely destroyed. Her body, anyways. Her soul lived on and then found Axel. Both OGS and The Inspector use that set up.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

Well her body and mech do that whenever the Einst Regisseur dies pretty much.
Spoiler
But her getting blasted I thought would have made a difference as opposed to just dading out of exsistence
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Meh, the SRX team fanboy in me (or moreso, the RyuuseixLatooni fanboy in me) is sliiiiiiightly disappointed with the lack of anything significant on the SRX Team/RyuuseixLatooni part of the ending, but then, OG2 (and thus, OG: The Inspectors) wasn't really about the SRX Team anyway. (though it was about Latooni, as she's deeply involved in Arado, Seolla, and Ouka's story, but anyway....) Pretty much all the "main characters" of OG2/The Inspectors got their focus part in the ending anyway, so all's good.

Unfortunately, if they really do make an OG3, it'll still be years before it gets made into a series, if it ever is at all. And then there's OG Gaiden as well. (or was OG Gaiden just about the original OG OVA with an expanded story? I haven't played that one) But I look forward to the possibility of it. More SRX Team focus (well, assuming that they bring in the SRX Team's Alpha 3 story, anyway), and I think Alpha 3 players can agree that there's a nice bit of potential for RyuuseixLatooni if they do include the SRX Team's Alpha 3 material in the possible OG3. :D

Yeah, my fanboy side is showing quite a bit here. ^^b

But then again, this show is catered to the fanboys. Tatsumaki Zankantou? Hell yes! I found Masami Obari's directing to be a little corny (of the bad kind) in the early episodes, but the over the top-ness of the Tatsumaki Zankantou is perfect here. (horse-riding in space :D) I always wondered where the Ausenseitter's horse legs came from....What's missing is Rampage Spectre. :/ But with Seolla and Arado both being on my top 5 OG male/female characters, I guess I could call it even with their scene at the end. :)

Anywa, great series, great end, and here's to the possibility of more animated OG. :)
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, OG1 was the SRX Team's story, OG2 was Kyosuke and Excellen's.

If I remember right, after Ouka's death Ryusei went and comforted Latooni, though that didn't make it into the anime.

OG Gaiden does included the events of the OVA, though it's heavily modified and only takes up the first part of the game. There's also the Compact 3 and R storylines along with set up for the MX (and D too I think) storylines.
Mu La Flaga

Actually isn't that OG 2.5 aka the extra game after you beat OG2 on OGs?
I mean the whole thing with the Bartolls and Lamia being captured ect.
If that is what your thinking.
Destiny_Gundam

Both are the same. OG 2.5 is the first stages of OG Gaiden. Think of it as Evangelion Death and Rebirth and End of Eva. 'Rebirth' was just the first 20 minutes of End of Eva.
neolordmaxwell

Compact 3, actually, if you're talking about Folka and company. Compact 2/Impact where Kyosuke/Excellen's story. And don't forget the OG version of The Great Battle IV characters- They got quite a bit of story-focus in Gaiden. It also added some original plotlines and finished up SRW3's last few scenes. *ahem, Shuu...*
Gundam Models, Reviews, and more at http://www.gundamscope.com
Shinji103

Hmm, I know this isn't exactly the right thread for this question, but I thought it better to ask in a related active thread than necro-ing an old, or recreating a so-old-it-was-auto-deleted thread just to ask this one question:

SRW OGs for the PS2 is the compilation of SRW OG1 and OG2 for the old Game Boy Advance, right? So is the OG1 part of OGs a direct port of the OG1 GBA game (you know, same exact dialogue with revamped grahpics and new game system), or is it closer to the Divine Wars anime?

For example, is Kusuha in love with Ryuusei (port of the GBA OG1), or is it based on the Divine Wars anime where she isn't in love with him?

I ask because I haven't actually played OGs, and I've found it in stock for a good price. (though the fact that there's material in the OG2 part that didn't make the anime, I'll probably still get it anyway :))
Destiny_Gundam

Well, I don't know about that particular part, but OGS did add things to OG1 (not as much as OG2, though), notably a scene where Ingram talks to Cobray.
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, I don't know about that particular part, but OGS did add things to OG1 (not as much as OG2, though), notably a scene where Ingram talks to Cobray.
So it didn't actually take anything out from the original OG1 and 2? OGs is everything from OG1 and 2 with extra stuff added in and nothing (or at least nothing much/nothing significant) taken out? (that's more what I meant, and yeah I did hear about Cobray's cameo in OG1 :))
neolordmaxwell

The addition to OG1 are fairly minimal. A few new lines of dialogue, and the optional 'secret' Grungust has been replaced with the Lion Head Type from divine wars.

OG2 on the other hand had quite a bit of new material, including the addition of part of the cast from SRW-R.
Gundam Models, Reviews, and more at http://www.gundamscope.com
Strike Zero

Another notable difference: the secret final bosses from both GBA games (namely the Septuagint and the Stern Regisseur) are no longer secret, but rather the actual final bosses by default. The OG2 portion bypasses the battle with the Neue Regisseur and has the battle with the Stern Regisseur take place in the Einst dimension.

However, apart from the things that have already been mentioned (like Raul showing up in the Excellence searching for his sister Fiona), everything else remains basically the same, so you should have no problem figuring out/remembering what's going on if you've already played and beaten both GBA games.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mu La Flaga

Assuming we get OG Gaiden anime adaptation, the R Originals should show up in there or at least I hope so.
Since in game they join up during part of the story for OG2 and they affect the story also.

But then again it would have been cramming more stuff in to the series as is, so they probably will save them.
Mark064

I enjoyed the final episode for the most part. Just two complaints the first is the fact Irm didn't say "Zan", silly I know. Second while I got most of the attacks I wanted to see during the series and final episode the lack of the Boxer's final attack was disappointing. Silly as I said but whatever.

I also don't think this will be the last we see of Beowulf. For the most part they seem to be keeping the anime and games separate. More so I'm sure there are tons of fans of the games but don't watch the anime and don't want to isolate them. I imagine we'll be seeing a different Beowulf then we saw in the anime.

And yeah while OGs is quite a bit similar to OG1 and OG2 there are a few key differences, I'm sure confusion will arrive once you play a few levels of Kyosuke in the Nacht. And other differences like Lee living and so forth.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Imperial

OGs also adjusts a few things in the light of upcoming sequels. The two most notable changes include
Spoiler
Lee getting off with nothing more than injured pride rather than getting killed outright (presumably so gamers can smash him in OG3) and Axel being rewritten as a worthy opponent rather than a hyper-aggressive jackass to facilitate his switch to antihero in OG Gaiden. There's also stuff like an extra stage involving Axel taking out Soulgain on its maiden sortie to hold off a wave of Federation Gespensts.
So, yes, while there are changes made to the OG story, none of them are so massive as to change the fundamental nature of the universe/setting.
This space for rent
angelwingzero

Imperial wrote:OGs also adjusts a few things in the light of upcoming sequels. The two most notable changes include
Spoiler
Lee getting off with nothing more than injured pride rather than getting killed outright (presumably so gamers can smash him in OG3) and Axel being rewritten as a worthy opponent rather than a hyper-aggressive jackass to facilitate his switch to antihero in OG Gaiden. There's also stuff like an extra stage involving Axel taking out Soulgain on its maiden sortie to hold off a wave of Federation Gespensts.
So, yes, while there are changes made to the OG story, none of them are so massive as to change the fundamental nature of the universe/setting.
They didn't forget Divine Wars in the changes they made to OGs. A few of the nods were Ryusei losing to Tenzan instead of him already being in the DC by the beginning of the games, and Ingram talking to Cobray as he wakes up. I think he also talks to him when you beat Ingram, though I'm not sure about that one since I haven't played the game in a little while.

On the show though, I'm just waiting for the Gaiden show now. I did feel this show made the same mistake Divine Wars did by going at a slower pace at the beginning and then rushing through all of the final battles at the end. Anyway, I was just glad to see my favorite original at the end there, you know the one, the one big red one that lives in an old man's basement.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.