CCA and Beltorchika

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Tailsnake

CCA and Beltorchika

Does anyone know why Beltorchika was replaced by Chan in CCA. I always felt it was a bit odd, and I recently watched Zeta and followed it up with CCA and it just felt awkward (and her death would've been a lot more tragic if it was Beltorchika rather than Chan).

Was there a production or in-Universe reason Beltorchika was replaced?
What happened to Beltorchika in-Universe after Zeta?
TakaTahuNuva

Re: CCA and Beltorchika

You got them mixed up - Beltorchika's Children came after the original CCA novel that the movie is based on.
ohhhh snap
NastyNate

This topic might shed some light on Beltorchikas children
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... &hilit=bel
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Dangerous_D

Tailsnake wrote:Does anyone know why Beltorchika was replaced by Chan in CCA. I always felt it was a bit odd, and I recently watched Zeta and followed it up with CCA and it just felt awkward (and her death would've been a lot more tragic if it was Beltorchika rather than Chan).

Was there a production or in-Universe reason Beltorchika was replaced?
What happened to Beltorchika in-Universe after Zeta?

my guess is that things went sour, maybe she had a problem with Amuro going back into Space
HalfDemonInuyasha

There's also the fact that it was an OVA movie and not a whole "connected series" like Zeta and ZZ would be to MSG and all. Besides, the movie focus was finishing up Amuro vs. Char rather than any big relationship issues, lol.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Dangerous_D

there were so many things left unfinished in my opinion
HalfDemonInuyasha

Maybe...but usually, OVAs are generally meant to get a general point across doing their own thing and not try to solve a bunch of problems, answer tons of questions, etc. Like how 0083 showed a "middle ground" between MSG and Zeta which helped establish the Titans and that was really all it was meant for overall, despite it leaving several holes throughout its own story about various things. As said, CCA's general point was giving a "conclusion" to the feud between Amuro and Char that had been around since MSG and it pretty much does so at the end.

Maybe some connections here and there, but nothing very in-depth about those connections; like Astoniage being in CCA, who was also the mechanic of Zeta in the Argama and ZZ in the Nahel Argama and the Nahel Argama, ironically, also being part of Londo Bell, but they don't really spend much time on his character at all since he's just a connection point, not a focal point, of CCA to Zeta/ZZ. The same with the Re-GZ in being another Zeta connection (in the mass production attempt).
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet