The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

yazi88 wrote:Still better than the Aqua GM, that thing is from the freaking OYW. At least the GM-II has the updated cockpit and a actual beam rifle.
Meh, I bet an Aqua GM would still be able to beat a GM II in its proper element. There's only one thing you'd use an underwater MS for anyway, and the underwater MS seems to have largely fallen out of favor post-OYW (the Kapool was like one of the very few underwater MS to ever exist after the OYW), so I'd actually venture that an Aqua GM could still wreak havoc when used in its intended evironment; aquatic combat.
Black Knight

latenlazy wrote:At this rate the original RX-78 is going to show up.
More likely the G-3.
Overlord Zaru

I have recently learned of what Laplace's Box contents is:
Spoiler
the original Uc charter stating that Spacenoids had independence all along. But due to a bunch of greedy fatcats in the Earth Fed, they blocked that part out and oppressed them.
Spoiler
One of them said that it could lead to another all out war on par with the OYW. Who else wants this?

There is also massive unrest and uprising in the colonies and on earth("Why didn't they had independence! We could have avoided all of that tragedy!") and we could have a EF civil war.
Is that Audrey's goal? To stop this from happening and how can she possibly deliver this without enraging the populace?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
JEFFPIATT

Shinji103 wrote:
yazi88 wrote:Still better than the Aqua GM, that thing is from the freaking OYW. At least the GM-II has the updated cockpit and a actual beam rifle.
Meh, I bet an Aqua GM would still be able to beat a GM II in its proper element. There's only one thing you'd use an underwater MS for anyway, and the underwater MS seems to have largely fallen out of favor post-OYW (the Kapool was like one of the very few underwater MS to ever exist after the OYW), so I'd actually venture that an Aqua GM could still wreak havoc when used in its intended evironment; aquatic combat.
I think they dusted them off when the Zaku mariner became an axis ms. Heck the guy that's screwed is the one with the Zaku I sniper. the GM II is at least recent likely the aqua GM's are refitted with GM II equipment upgrades like the MSV units we see in Zeta
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

The offical site got updated with all the info that was in those articles

http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/en/index.html
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Sulendil Zeta

Wow, isn't that the vocal version of 'Unicorn'? Now I wish they would release the OST II sooner... :D
Raiden

Not much for a trailer since all you see is the characters. Interesting that Meran is still around (though he looks like he put on a few pounds lol).
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

For the first 20 seconds I was like "Wow, this looks like a slow episode" (which would suck since there's a six-month wait between episodes, and there's only six episodes planned in total), then I saw that girl in the cockpit powering up.

But most importantly

BRIGHT NOA

Like Star Trek '09 wouldn't have been Star Trek without redshirts, "Live long," and "He's dead," it won't be a Bright revival unless we get a Bright Slap. :D
Kratos

Shinji103 wrote:Like Star Trek '09 wouldn't have been Star Trek without redshirts, "Live long," and "He's dead," it won't be a Bright revival unless we get a Bright Slap. :D
While I love a good Brightslap as much as the next guy, I wouldn't get your hopes up. He has, after all, only ever really done it in MSG, and in that one Super Robot Wars game.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
mcred23

Kratos wrote:While I love a good Brightslap as much as the next guy, I wouldn't get your hopes up. He has, after all, only ever really done it in MSG, and in that one Super Robot Wars game.
...And Zeta. And CCA. Heck, the only time I'm not sure he hit someone was during ZZ (But I'd still put the odds on him having done it at least once during the show, I just can't recall an instance of it off hand). :P
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Kratos

Does he actually Brightslap someone in Zeta? Like, slap them to snap 'em out of some sort of funk, or self-indulgence, or whatever? Kamille certainly deserved it, but while I remember a lot of hitting, I don't remember the classic slap (then again, i don't remember it in CCA either, so it's very possible I'm wrong).
mcred23

He punches Kamille at least once during the show that I recall, after he and Torres get into a fight on the bridge, and I want to say he hits Katz at least once during the show (I don't recall if it was a punch or slap or what, it's just Bright hitting people that matters :twisted:). And yes, he does it in CCA as well, slapping Hathaway once he finds out he snuck on the Ra Cailum.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Amadi Akintunde

mcred23 wrote:He punches Kamille at least once during the show that I recall, after he and Torres get into a fight on the bridge, and I want to say he hits Katz at least once during the show (I don't recall if it was a punch or slap or what, it's just Bright hitting people that matters :twisted:). And yes, he does it in CCA as well, slapping Hathaway once he finds out he snuck on the Ra Cailum.
Slapping Hathaway all the way across a room, mind you.

It seems his hand only get more powerful with age.
Kratos

Then I rescind my previous statement.

Speaking of Brightslaps:
Spoiler
Bright's slap rubs off on Amuro slightly moreso in The Origin, because Amuro later BRIGHTSLAPS HAYATO after the latter blames himself for Ryu's death, despite it not being his fault whatsoever (it happened under very slightly different circumstances).
Akuma_Blade

I want read Unicorn novels but I not found a translated version until now. Can someone help me?
Kratos

Akuma_Blade wrote:I want read Unicorn novels but I not found a translated version until now. Can someone help me?
Nope.

I know that sounds harsh, but right now learning a literary level of Japanese and purchasing the novels are the only way you'll be able to read them. I think there are members who have read them kicking around here, and can answer any questions you may have about the plot and whatnot, but until the extremely unlikely event they get translated for a domestic release, you'll have to just live with the OVA.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Sulendil Zeta wrote:Wow, isn't that the vocal version of 'Unicorn'? Now I wish they would release the OST II sooner... :D
I couldn't agree more! I love the vocal version so much that I rewatched the trailer simply to hear it again and again. I don't think there was a single song on the OST 1 that I didn't like.

Does anyone know a release date for OST 2? I am assuming it will be released before episode 4....but I could be very wrong. Anyone know?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
quasadra

Akuma_Blade wrote:I want read Unicorn novels but I not found a translated version until now. Can someone help me?
actually, the forum rules forbids me to tell you. but i can tell you that fan translations do exist.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Destiny_Gundam

Major slowpokerage, but since Bandai is now shipping to Canada again I finally got to watch Gundam Unicorn episode 3. Hopefully I won't have to wait so long to see #4.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."