Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 pm 
Determined Shonen Hero

LightningCount wrote:
Speaking from a purely anime Unicorn viewer...I really wish the 0079 homages would stay far away.

I've not read the novels, but from the little that I know of the later events in Unicorn, you're going to be disappointed there.

That said, I do think you have a point - though to be honest, it's understandable given that we have a "Char" who is almost literally a Char, a brown-haired protagonist with daddy issues, said daddy having built the Gundam, and a ship that is literally the exact same ship(almost) as the one used by a previous series, which also featured a brown-haired protagonist.
It's almost like Harutoshi was actively trying to pack as many references to the original Mobile Suit Gundam and its immediate successors as he could get away with into the story.

Which he probably was.

"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:50 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:
I know that Gundam wiki is not the most trustworthy resource fo information.

But when i looked something up for unicorn, the names of Kai Shiden and Beltorchika Irma where listed on the civilian character side.

Question is, is this reliable info? (Bright Noa is supposed to make an entrance and i think that is confirmed)

I don't recall ever finding out what she does but she is in the novel.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2008/09/ ... icorn.html

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:17 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

Well at least Episode 4 has a release date now it's been pushed back to December though I hope that's the bluray and not the PSN release date.. Also the Gundam Unicorn website's been updated.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:43 am 
Mysterious Masked Dude

LightningCount wrote:

Speaking from a purely anime Unicorn viewer...I really wish the 0079 homages would stay far away. It has moments distinction, but overall, this series is struggling to be its own project with its own identity, IMO.

Some of the homages you see in the anime are anime only. While the novel does very much try to pay homages to MSG in everything from characters to events, the anime kicks it up a notch.

yazi88 wrote:
Whatever happened to Cardia Vist's bodyguard and right hand man Gael Chan? I heard he survived the colony battle in the novels and that he appeared again later and nothing else.

Some interview I read a while back said he will appear in ep 4 and plays a somewhat different role from the novel.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:24 am 
HiMAT Spammer

Just looked the new pics of the characters for episode 4. When I read that the new zeon pilots where classified as "Zeon Ruminants" and not the "Sleeves" I got really excited. Something about some forces hold up in hiding waiting for there day to attack just seems so cool to me. Just like in the desert in Stardust Memory's and the Phantom Knights in 0081.

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

NastyNate wrote:
Just looked the new pics of the characters for episode 4. When I read that the new zeon pilots where classified as "Zeon Ruminants" and not the "Sleeves" I got really excited. Something about some forces hold up in hiding waiting for there day to attack just seems so cool to me. Just like in the desert in Stardust Memory's and the Phantom Knights in 0081.

And then,after the remnants had patiently waited and planned for years,some pesky Gundam kids come around and ruin everything.Just ask Rommel from ZZ. :wink:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:06 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

LightningCount wrote:
Speaking from a purely anime Unicorn viewer...I really wish the 0079 homages would stay far away. It has moments distinction, but overall, this series is struggling to be its own project with its own identity, IMO.

Gundam Unicorn is Gundam UC: The Greatest Hits edition. It's a giant love letter to the Universal Century fan base and panders to it with the most familiar pit stops and archetypes imaginable. You're only setting yourself up for sadness.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:50 pm 

I still, for the record, have no issue with the UC tropes presented thus far, and find that far from struggling to have its own identity, the characters and plot of Unicorn stand apart just fine from Mobile Suit Gundam.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:06 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

NastyNate wrote:

man the Zeon remnants have been hiding in Earth for a long time

seems the Federation did a really crap mop op operation after the war

also remember the Jukon class that rescued Anavel Gato from Australia, man how do they keep those supplied?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

I don't know if you guys know this already but Amazon.jp says that Volume 4 will come out on 12/2/11

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... 26&ref=myp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005 ... 792_snp_dp

I can't wait!

Started on October 14,2007

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:
NastyNate wrote:

also remember the Jukon class that rescued Anavel Gato from Australia, man how do they keep those supplied?

it seems that the earth Federation lacks the manpower to hunt them all down. the zeon forces just seemed to hide and not fight until some one finds them for backup.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 am 
HiMAT Spammer

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:
NastyNate wrote:

The federation made the titans for that very reason but they where too busy being evil and trying to take over the world to do their job. On a side not the ps3 game Gundam Battlefield record 0081 has you playing as a federation troop that is a mop up crew and you get to pilot the RX-78-7. Really fun game.

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am 
Elitist Earth Politician

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:
I don't know if you guys know this already but Amazon.jp says that Volume 4 will come out on 12/2/11

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... 26&ref=myp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005 ... 792_snp_dp

I can't wait!

Still waiting for OST 2. ;.;

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

Quote:
it seems that the earth Federation lacks the manpower to hunt them all down. the zeon forces just seemed to hide and not fight until some one finds them for backup.

And when they are found, they are promptly wiped out, too.

Personally, I don't have a problem with homages being made to past series, I think it added to Unicorn instead of subtracting. It makes it feel like the ultimate (at least for now, anyway) conclusion to the Zeon/Earth Federation conflict, instead of being just another side story or stand alone story like 8th MS Team, 0080, and Stardust Memory were.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:02 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

zerogradius wrote:
Quote:

And when they are found, they are promptly wiped out, too.

Personally, I don't have a problem with homages being made to past series, I think it added to Unicorn instead of subtracting. It makes it feel like the ultimate (at least for now, anyway) conclusion to the Zeon/Earth Federation conflict, instead of being just another side story or stand alone story like 8th MS Team, 0080, and Stardust Memory were.

and from there ms complement they have been hiding as long as rommel since they have a Zaku I sniper and MS-09G Dowadge units. from the fact that the MS-09G uses a panoramic cockpit it may be an EFF refit kit for captured Dom units or Axis provided the parts to bring the remaining zeon forces MS up to spec to get them to assist them.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Episode 4 Magazine Article Page 1

Episode 4 Magazine Article Page 2

Episode 4 Magazine Article Page 3

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 am 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Ah, Meran returns as well. He was Bright's XO on the Ra Cailum in CCA.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 pm 

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A GM II? Seriously? Either that thing is going to show up being used for labor, or some pilot is gonna die really quick.... ^^b

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Shinji103 wrote:
A GM II? Seriously? Either that thing is going to show up being used for labor, or some pilot is gonna die really quick.... ^^b

Still better than the Aqua GM, that thing is from the freaking OYW. At least the GM-II has the updated cockpit and a actual beam rifle.

I'm guessing the recolored Nemo might show up during the next scan.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 am 
HiMAT Spammer

At this rate the original RX-78 is going to show up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga