The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

Sulendil Zeta wrote:Don't worry about that; from what i can gather from the novels, Neo Zeon definitely play the game as dirty as the Federation, and no more a good guy than federation is.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Strike Zero

Re: The Offocial Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

The Offocial Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III
Uh...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

Well, I just got back from watching the second episode. Wonder if there's a preview for the next episode? Anyway, I liked it better than the first ep, the action was better and it still has a good style going for it, plus I kind of liked Zeon's back story that was given near the end. And in the incoming episodes
Spoiler
Hyaku Shiki returns to the screen! First Gunpla Builders Beginning G now here, looks like Bandai wants to use this thing more. Sadly everyone forgets about Guncannon and Guntank.
Dark Duel

DuelGundam2099 wrote:And in the incoming episodes
Spoiler
Hyaku Shiki returns to the screen! First Gunpla Builders Beginning G now here, looks like Bandai wants to use this thing more.
Actually, no. The machine that appears in Unicorn ep2 ISN'T a Hyaku Shiki per se. It's called Delta Plus, and is essentially a successor to the failed design that yielded the original Hyaku Shiki.

The machine we know as "Hyaku Shiki" was initially supposed to be a variable type called "Delta Gundam", but Anaheim couldn't get the transformation to work, so they retooled it into the non-variable Hyaku Shiki. Later, they went back to the original Delta Gundam design and found a way to make it work, thus creating the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

How about that security system on that Unicorn! It's about as tight as Sumeragi's wardrobe! But seriously, that along with Minerva mentioning the Unicorn's 'bond' with Banagher through his DNA makes the MS seem as secure as the 00 Gundams, if not more so.

Also, I'm already interested in knowing who Full Frontal really is, as I assume that I'm not alone in thinking he's not a Char, even though he can talk the talk and walk the walk like him.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
J-Lead

"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Murra

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Wonder if there's a preview for the next episode?
There was, after the credits.
Raiden

Its on the BD Live part of the Episode 2 disc. It doesn't play after the credits unless your talking about the PSN version.
Dark Duel

J-Lead wrote:OH SNAP!
O.o
That looks so unbelievably awesome...

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
smilydude

Well then... That was incredible. The Delta Plus looks rather neat, also.

Was that the 'Big' thing Bandai was talking about or is there still more to come?
Rawinder

G-Slayer wrote:Also, I'm already interested in knowing who Full Frontal really is, as I assume that I'm not alone in thinking he's not a Char, even though he can talk the talk and walk the walk like him.
I think Full Frontal's "I am Char because the people need me to be Char" dialogue kind of makes it clear that he is not a resurrected Char Aznable.
Dark Duel

I am personally of the same opinion.

toysdream

Rawinder wrote: think Full Frontal's "I am Char because the people need me to be Char" dialogue kind of makes it clear that he is not a resurrected Char Aznable.
Although that's exactly the kind of thing the real Char might say. :-)

-- Mark
blind_dead_mcjones

one complaint regarding the second episode, while yes it was visually very impressive, storytelling wise it had about as much subtlety as a truck plowing into your house

i can't help but get the feeling the show is getting a free ride because its a UC story
Flag Fighter for life!
flamingtroll

What kind of subtlety are you expecting for a six hour show? I thought the pacing was decent. The entire show COULD have been just character interaction with the amount of material left out, but that would be pretty uninteresting.
NastyNate

Did anyone else pre order this from the bandai-ent store. They have not sent me a tracking number or any kind of notice of shipment yet. anyone else have this problem?

Edit: My blueray just came in today. oops :oops:
On a side note did anyone watch the special feature "Story Up to now" it was very informative and it really cleared up the begining scene of episode one for me.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Kenji

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:one complaint regarding the second episode, while yes it was visually very impressive, storytelling wise it had about as much subtlety as a truck plowing into your house
As if Gundam was ever known for its subtlety?

Well, I broke down and ordered the second episode, too. It should be waiting for me in my mailbox, when I return home. Or, it'll arrive shortly afterward. Point is, I'll be seeing it soon, and maybe I can convince my ex-roommate to watch it with me on his HDTV.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Kratos

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:one complaint regarding the second episode, while yes it was visually very impressive, storytelling wise it had about as much subtlety as a truck plowing into your house

i can't help but get the feeling the show is getting a free ride because its a UC story
This is far from the worst Gundam has gotten. Yeah, there was no subtlety in the dialog itself, but they only spelled things out (as opposed to beating the audience over the head with it all). I think the story is more than intriguing enough to dismiss the idea that it's coasting on UC goodwill, personally
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
NastyNate

I think it is good that they don't relly too much on back knowledge of the series to watch unicorn. I am getting my friends that don't know much about gundam and they are able to follow along pretty easily which is one great things about it. Unlike chars counter attack that I tried to let some friends watch and they where totally lost because they had not watched the original and zeta gundam.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
J-Lead

NastyNate wrote:I think it is good that they don't relly too much on back knowledge of the series to watch unicorn. I am getting my friends that don't know much about gundam and they are able to follow along pretty easily which is one great things about it. Unlike chars counter attack that I tried to let some friends watch and they where totally lost because they had not watched the original and zeta gundam.
Ironically, CCA (or rather, Amuro and Char's continued rivalry) is makes a slight bit more sense if you DON'T watch Zeta Gundam and just go there straight from MSG.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."