Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 pm 
Bald Wizard

Sulendil Zeta wrote:
Don't worry about that; from what i can gather from the novels, Neo Zeon definitely play the game as dirty as the Federation, and no more a good guy than federation is.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:37 am 
Busty Fanservice Captain

Quote:
The Offocial Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

Uh...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 pm 
Monster of the Week

Well, I just got back from watching the second episode. Wonder if there's a preview for the next episode? Anyway, I liked it better than the first ep, the action was better and it still has a good style going for it, plus I kind of liked Zeon's back story that was given near the end. And in the incoming episodes
Spoiler: show
Hyaku Shiki returns to the screen! First Gunpla Builders Beginning G now here, looks like Bandai wants to use this thing more. Sadly everyone forgets about Guncannon and Guntank.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:46 pm 
Determined Shonen Hero

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
And in the incoming episodes
Spoiler: show
Hyaku Shiki returns to the screen! First Gunpla Builders Beginning G now here, looks like Bandai wants to use this thing more.

Actually, no. The machine that appears in Unicorn ep2 ISN'T a Hyaku Shiki per se. It's called Delta Plus, and is essentially a successor to the failed design that yielded the original Hyaku Shiki.

The machine we know as "Hyaku Shiki" was initially supposed to be a variable type called "Delta Gundam", but Anaheim couldn't get the transformation to work, so they retooled it into the non-variable Hyaku Shiki. Later, they went back to the original Delta Gundam design and found a way to make it work, thus creating the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus.

"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:05 am 
Elitist Earth Politician

Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.
How about that security system on that Unicorn! It's about as tight as Sumeragi's wardrobe! But seriously, that along with Minerva mentioning the Unicorn's 'bond' with Banagher through his DNA makes the MS seem as secure as the 00 Gundams, if not more so.

Also, I'm already interested in knowing who Full Frontal really is, as I assume that I'm not alone in thinking he's not a Char, even though he can talk the talk and walk the walk like him.

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:07 am 
Retconned MSV Ace

OH SNAP!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:58 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Wonder if there's a preview for the next episode?

There was, after the credits.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:16 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Its on the BD Live part of the Episode 2 disc. It doesn't play after the credits unless your talking about the PSN version.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:05 pm 
Determined Shonen Hero

J-Lead wrote:

O.o
That looks so unbelievably awesome...

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Well then... That was incredible. The Delta Plus looks rather neat, also.

Was that the 'Big' thing Bandai was talking about or is there still more to come?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:11 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

G-Slayer wrote:
Also, I'm already interested in knowing who Full Frontal really is, as I assume that I'm not alone in thinking he's not a Char, even though he can talk the talk and walk the walk like him.

I think Full Frontal's "I am Char because the people need me to be Char" dialogue kind of makes it clear that he is not a resurrected Char Aznable.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm 
Determined Shonen Hero

I am personally of the same opinion.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:21 pm 
Master of Mecha

Rawinder wrote:
think Full Frontal's "I am Char because the people need me to be Char" dialogue kind of makes it clear that he is not a resurrected Char Aznable.

Although that's exactly the kind of thing the real Char might say. :-)

-- Mark

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:48 am 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

one complaint regarding the second episode, while yes it was visually very impressive, storytelling wise it had about as much subtlety as a truck plowing into your house

i can't help but get the feeling the show is getting a free ride because its a UC story

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 am 
Mysterious Masked Dude

What kind of subtlety are you expecting for a six hour show? I thought the pacing was decent. The entire show COULD have been just character interaction with the amount of material left out, but that would be pretty uninteresting.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:22 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

Did anyone else pre order this from the bandai-ent store. They have not sent me a tracking number or any kind of notice of shipment yet. anyone else have this problem?

Edit: My blueray just came in today. oops :oops:
On a side note did anyone watch the special feature "Story Up to now" it was very informative and it really cleared up the begining scene of episode one for me.

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 am 
Traitor Villain

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:
one complaint regarding the second episode, while yes it was visually very impressive, storytelling wise it had about as much subtlety as a truck plowing into your house

As if Gundam was ever known for its subtlety?

Well, I broke down and ordered the second episode, too. It should be waiting for me in my mailbox, when I return home. Or, it'll arrive shortly afterward. Point is, I'll be seeing it soon, and maybe I can convince my ex-roommate to watch it with me on his HDTV.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:39 am 
HiMAT Spammer

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:

i can't help but get the feeling the show is getting a free ride because its a UC story

This is far from the worst Gundam has gotten. Yeah, there was no subtlety in the dialog itself, but they only spelled things out (as opposed to beating the audience over the head with it all). I think the story is more than intriguing enough to dismiss the idea that it's coasting on UC goodwill, personally

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:48 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

I think it is good that they don't relly too much on back knowledge of the series to watch unicorn. I am getting my friends that don't know much about gundam and they are able to follow along pretty easily which is one great things about it. Unlike chars counter attack that I tried to let some friends watch and they where totally lost because they had not watched the original and zeta gundam.

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:33 pm 
Retconned MSV Ace

NastyNate wrote:
I think it is good that they don't relly too much on back knowledge of the series to watch unicorn. I am getting my friends that don't know much about gundam and they are able to follow along pretty easily which is one great things about it. Unlike chars counter attack that I tried to let some friends watch and they where totally lost because they had not watched the original and zeta gundam.

Ironically, CCA (or rather, Amuro and Char's continued rivalry) is makes a slight bit more sense if you DON'T watch Zeta Gundam and just go there straight from MSG.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga