The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NastyNate

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

The blueray for this movie is listed on amazon for about 28 dollars. Does anyone think that it is worth this price? I have never seen it and don't know how good it is. I do see it is just a 90 minute movie so I wanted to see if this is worth buying before it is out of print.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I recommend it, but keep in mind that at it's core it is a love story. Maybe read a review or two beforehand.

The explanation of the time leaping is a little weak, forced, and random, but (surprisingly enough) the time leaping isn't all that important to the overall story. It is the characters that matter and they are ALL very likeable.

The main character especially. She is charming, a little hot-headed, but so clumsy and good-natured that you can't help but like her. Her opening dialogue is great. It is all about her being "lucky most of the time" when everything that is happening to her is VERY unlike. Haven't we all had those days?

The movie is very funny as well, and it gave me fuzzy warm feelings about highschool that I never thought I would have.

It isn't very action oriented, but it has good drama, great animation, hilarious and genuine characters, and overall is a very well made film. I personally recommended it.

The ending too is great. Despite change, life goes on and we should accept that change and welcome it with open arms. Even go out of our way to make changes in ourselves. After all, nothing stays the same forever. :) That is what I got out of the ending...

And if you do buy it and like it...watch Summer Wars...made by the same director as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and is even BETTER then this movie.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Gatx

Soma Taozi wrote:And if you do buy it and like it...watch Summer Wars...made by the same director as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and is even BETTER then this movie.
That's debatable to really. Personally I think "Our War Game" is better than "Summer Wars", if only because it came first, though I will say that "Summer Wars" had the most epic math I have ever seen.

But yeah like stated above, it is a love story so if you're 100% against the stuff, you should pass it up.
zerogradius

I generally don't like love stories, but I loved this movie. It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I remember liking it very much (saw it a few times), and even though it is a love story, it's not sappy or overly ridiculous. I highly recommend it.