Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:36 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 957
Location: United States
More 00N chapters

E08 wrote:
3 more done and 2 more to go.

11

-To overcome the interference caused by GN particles, missiles are combined with AI technology to create “weapons that can judge situation”. These missiles have higher mobility than MS. They use special trajectory to hit MS’s blind angle and can even avoid attacks from MS while closing in.

-Fangs/bits are often called “Mini MS”. Some people have negative views of these weapons due to its link to Throne Zwei.

-Control of bits tends to be polarized. On one end is simplified control for average pilot, while the other extreme is complex control for innovators. Harute’s bit control is a special type; it uses super soldier’s QBW. This special system allows the constantly moving harute to keep track and control its moving bits in a stable manner.

-The further the bits move, the harder it is for the pilot to control them. To allow the bits to be controlled from a further distance, special control system like QBW control or haro have to be used. Unlike conventional system that limits control of bits to the area in front of the MS (due to distance limit); these special systems also allow more flexible control.

-Production Notes. There are various differences between Zwei’s and Arche’s fangs. On paper, there is only a 5% difference in performance but the pilot seems to experience a very large difference.

12

-Normally, a machine during development will first get a ‘development code’ from the developer, followed by ‘development number’ from the military. If the machine is adopted by the military, the test unit will be given a ‘model number’ and ‘Y’ to designate its test status.

-Flag was given the development number ‘YMS- 01A’, with the ‘A’ referring to the specification of the unit being tested. As Blast only has 1 specification, it did not have the addition designation.

-Brave receives very good evaluation for its long range, fast response capability during the battle near mars. This causes it to be included in the main force for the ELS battle. The model numbers ‘GNX-903VS’ and ‘GNX-903VW’ are special numbers used for the war. They will be given a different model number during production.

-Graham lost the majority of the 46 mock battles with his mentor. After his death, graham incorporated elements of his insignia into his own.

13

-The GN-X wreckage is almost 50 years old, but the E-carbon armour retains its original shape. Nano machines on the surface have drop off long ago. In the current age, functional MS that dates back to 2300s practically does not exist. Majority of the MS are dismantled.

-It is speculated that explosion of the throne’s arm is a security measure.


Actually, the production note for the regnant chapter has a very interesting tibit related to the show.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:38 am 
Offline
Newtype Emo Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 322
I had been putting off watching the movie for a while, since it is most likely the last entrant in the Gundam 00 series, but finally decided to do so today. It had everything that I wanted; good animation, fantastic, high speed battles, and an engaging plot. I'd give this movie an 8 out of ten. There are some things that really bothered me about it, though, that I detailed below.

Spoiler: show
1. Watching the movie, I felt like I was watching a really long episode, like I had seen this recently, somewhere before. Oh, that's right, the plot in this was in some ways similar to that of Macross Frontier. There are aliens that function on a hive mentality that, when encountering humans, are unable to communicate with them, which leads to misunderstandings and conflict. The ELS could have been replaced with the Vajra and it would not have made much difference. While the plot in the movie was original for Gundam, it was nothing new, and the fact that one of Gundam's major competitors had a similar plot in its last big production which was released before this is alarming.

2. I realsze that being a movie, only so much time can be spent on character development. Setsuna, being the main character, naturally benefited the most. However, the other Gundam pilots got the shaft, big time. Lyle, without endless references to his brother, Kathron or Ali Al Sanchez, became a background character. Allelujah and Soma/Marie once again are treated more like supporting cast instead of being in the main. Endless Waltz gave all the Gundam pilots sufficient character development, but there was nothing here for the Gundam pilots outside of Setsuna. When Lyle spoke about himself, it always had something to do with Anew, and Allelujah and Soma/Marie were Allelujah and Soma/Marie. The only purpose they served in the movie was to fight, and they did that splendidly, I might add.

3. Near the end of season 2 of 00, Feldt suddenly showed interest in Setsuna. Why or how is never explained, but this silly plot point is brought back in the movie, eating up time that could have been spent on what I mentioned in the point above.

4. Descartes Shaman. The way he was introduced, I expected him to be a major player in this movie. He was the first human turned innovator since Setsuna. However, he died fighting an enemy he could not beat halfway into the movie and had no interaction with Setsuna whatsoever. I'm left wondering what the point was of him even being there.

5. About halfway through the movie, it became clear how it was going to end. The ESF had no way of beating the aliens, and their only hope would be Setsuna in his shiny new Gundam, communicating with the ELS, so that they could understand each other. It was too predicatable, but I will say that the final battle was one of the most intense in all of Gundam despite that.

6. No conclusion was given for the main cast. Since there will most likely never be anything 00 related being animated again, there could have at least been some closure for the main characters. What did they do after the war, and so on. Referring to Endless Waltz once again, the path the Gundam pilots took after the war was shown, but in 00, we get nothing. I mean, they took time to show Klaus' future, but not the main characters. That's inexcusable.

7. I thought that the nonsensical self detonation in Gundam Wing was bad, but the overloading the Trans-Am to blow up silliness takes the cake. Did anyone ever think of abandoning their craft? Once the ELS latched on, there was no hope to salvage it, so what was the point of remaining in the cockpit and being forced to go kamikaze later. Allelujah and Soma/Marie were the only ones with their heads on straight, and that's saying something.

8. The plot revolved around people understanding each other. Aeolia's plan was for humans to reach a higher level of understanding so that they could leave their conflicts behind as they go into space. Assuming that humanity succeeded at that, became total pacifists, destroyed all of their weapons, and wars never took place again, the human race would have been exterminated by the aliens. The humans did not bring conflict to space, the aliens brought it to Earth. I bet Aeolia never considered that. No matter how much understanding there is between humans, it makes no difference when facing aliens who cannot communicate normally with them, as the movie showed. In the end, it took a weapon piloted by a soldier to save the world, all the talking in the world would have meant nothing.

9. Why did it take Setsuna 50 years to return to Marina? What was so hard to understand about her that it took that long for him to come back.

10. The events of the movie were caused by the ELS searching for a new home world. By the end of the movie, they still did not have one. They formed this flower that orbits the Earth, and that's it? Couldn't they have done that a couple lightyears prior to Earth? It makes no sense. Even if they came to understand Setsuna, it still does not solve the problem of finding a new home planet. How can orbiting the Earth suffice? If that was all it took, they could have orbited any planet in the universe. Ending the fight after Setsuna communicated with them was fine with me, but they should have just left the Earth to continue their search. The way it ended leaves me wondering why anything in that movie even happened.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 am 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 4:28 am
Posts: 583
Location: HRL southern area, West Java
About point no. 10:
Spoiler: show
No, they already found a planet to assimilate or maybe even more. As shown on ELS flashback, we saw an earth-like planet being assimilated by ELS. And after that the rest of ELS still continuing their expedition. It's not like they want to find just one planet and be happy with it. They learn that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good idea so they tried to assimilate as many planet as they can. The one that came to earth is just one of several fleets that launched from their home world. There are more ELS than those hiding inside Jupiter.

_________________
I have no signature except a shameless plug for my own blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:22 pm 
Offline
Creepy Bishonen
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:27 pm
Posts: 218
Regarding Point #7
Spoiler: show
What difference would it make? They probably still would have gotten killed anyway if they tried to retreat back to a ship or something or get killed by an incoming ELS. Plus your talking about jumping out of a moving MS going Trans-Am at insane amounts of speed. They'd probably get killed by G Forces too if they did that. And lets not forget the ELS can assimilate MS's as well, so if you just abandoned it you'd probably be only helping them out more.

In all cases....we were virtually screwed from the get go as MAHQ's review said. So in the end, its not stupid as Gundam Wing's self detonations.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:39 am 
Offline
Der Bigen Slicen
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 pm
Posts: 2593
Location: Cruisin' the Universe w/Spaceman Spiff!!!
zerogradius wrote:
I had been putting off watching the movie for a while, since it is most likely the last entrant in the Gundam 00 series, but finally decided to do so today. It had everything that I wanted; good animation, fantastic, high speed battles, and an engaging plot. I'd give this movie an 8 out of ten. There are some things that really bothered me about it, though, that I detailed below.

Spoiler: show
1. Watching the movie, I felt like I was watching a really long episode, like I had seen this recently, somewhere before. Oh, that's right, the plot in this was in some ways similar to that of Macross Frontier. There are aliens that function on a hive mentality that, when encountering humans, are unable to communicate with them, which leads to misunderstandings and conflict. The ELS could have been replaced with the Vajra and it would not have made much difference. While the plot in the movie was original for Gundam, it was nothing new, and the fact that one of Gundam's major competitors had a similar plot in its last big production which was released before this is alarming.

2. I realsze that being a movie, only so much time can be spent on character development. Setsuna, being the main character, naturally benefited the most. However, the other Gundam pilots got the shaft, big time. Lyle, without endless references to his brother, Kathron or Ali Al Sanchez, became a background character. Allelujah and Soma/Marie once again are treated more like supporting cast instead of being in the main. Endless Waltz gave all the Gundam pilots sufficient character development, but there was nothing here for the Gundam pilots outside of Setsuna. When Lyle spoke about himself, it always had something to do with Anew, and Allelujah and Soma/Marie were Allelujah and Soma/Marie. The only purpose they served in the movie was to fight, and they did that splendidly, I might add.

3. Near the end of season 2 of 00, Feldt suddenly showed interest in Setsuna. Why or how is never explained, but this silly plot point is brought back in the movie, eating up time that could have been spent on what I mentioned in the point above.

4. Descartes Shaman. The way he was introduced, I expected him to be a major player in this movie. He was the first human turned innovator since Setsuna. However, he died fighting an enemy he could not beat halfway into the movie and had no interaction with Setsuna whatsoever. I'm left wondering what the point was of him even being there.

5. About halfway through the movie, it became clear how it was going to end. The ESF had no way of beating the aliens, and their only hope would be Setsuna in his shiny new Gundam, communicating with the ELS, so that they could understand each other. It was too predicatable, but I will say that the final battle was one of the most intense in all of Gundam despite that.

6. No conclusion was given for the main cast. Since there will most likely never be anything 00 related being animated again, there could have at least been some closure for the main characters. What did they do after the war, and so on. Referring to Endless Waltz once again, the path the Gundam pilots took after the war was shown, but in 00, we get nothing. I mean, they took time to show Klaus' future, but not the main characters. That's inexcusable.

7. I thought that the nonsensical self detonation in Gundam Wing was bad, but the overloading the Trans-Am to blow up silliness takes the cake. Did anyone ever think of abandoning their craft? Once the ELS latched on, there was no hope to salvage it, so what was the point of remaining in the cockpit and being forced to go kamikaze later. Allelujah and Soma/Marie were the only ones with their heads on straight, and that's saying something.

8. The plot revolved around people understanding each other. Aeolia's plan was for humans to reach a higher level of understanding so that they could leave their conflicts behind as they go into space. Assuming that humanity succeeded at that, became total pacifists, destroyed all of their weapons, and wars never took place again, the human race would have been exterminated by the aliens. The humans did not bring conflict to space, the aliens brought it to Earth. I bet Aeolia never considered that. No matter how much understanding there is between humans, it makes no difference when facing aliens who cannot communicate normally with them, as the movie showed. In the end, it took a weapon piloted by a soldier to save the world, all the talking in the world would have meant nothing.

9. Why did it take Setsuna 50 years to return to Marina? What was so hard to understand about her that it took that long for him to come back.

10. The events of the movie were caused by the ELS searching for a new home world. By the end of the movie, they still did not have one. They formed this flower that orbits the Earth, and that's it? Couldn't they have done that a couple lightyears prior to Earth? It makes no sense. Even if they came to understand Setsuna, it still does not solve the problem of finding a new home planet. How can orbiting the Earth suffice? If that was all it took, they could have orbited any planet in the universe. Ending the fight after Setsuna communicated with them was fine with me, but they should have just left the Earth to continue their search. The way it ended leaves me wondering why anything in that movie even happened.


Thoughts on your thoughts:

Spoiler: show
1. Can't really be helped can it? I agree with Chris when he said it was a good move to have the ELS not communicate in a human fashion. It worked for this movie and for Gundam in general. Macross already had aliens by Frontier and they needed something a little different.

2. Yeah but we never got as much character development as we did Gundam butt-kicking in Wing did we? The way I figure it, pretty much all of the characters' arcs are complete by the time of Trailblazer. There's nothing major left for Lyle or Allelujah or Marie/Soma or Tieria or even Sumeragi to do at this point. I DO agree that they should have given the cast a send-off at the end of the movie instead of focusing solely on Setsuna/Marina. Speaking of such, I wish they had done a little more with Setsuna/Feldt, since they paid so much attention to it. At the most an actual kiss, however brief. At the least, have Feldt kiss him on the forehead or something. Oh and it would have been amusing to find out that Soma/Marie was pregnant and what the two personalities thought of it! :roll: 8) :lol:

3. What? You don't like Setsuna/Feldt? Works a whole smeg of a lot better than Marina "Useless" Ismail. :lol:

4. I think I'll have to agree with you there. Unless he was supposed to represent what it could be like if the Innovators let their power go to their head.

5. :shrug:

6. They're probably going to put it in a manga or drama CD or video game. GUNDAMN CROSS-MARKETING!!!!

7. Maybe, maybe not but it was an excuse to get rid of ZOINKS Andrei and that made it all worth it.

8. Well obviously the new Federation government didn't completely disarm. That was one of the things that I liked about 00. They knew that they would be complete idiots if they did that.

9. It wasn't that he didn't understand her it was just that he had simply been gone. It's like the longest P.S. ever! Why was he gone for so long? Smeg if I or anyone else knows.

10. As you pointed out, that's what a proper post-script would have provided. The ELS' original homeworld seemed to be some sort of gas giant so maybe they set up home on Jupiter?

_________________
Thundermuffin wrote:
AMURO: What? Don't be ridiculous- Tomino is just an abstract construct, he doesn't really exist.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:39 am 
Offline
Newtype Emo Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 322
reeoyuy wrote:
About point no. 10:
Spoiler: show
No, they already found a planet to assimilate or maybe even more. As shown on ELS flashback, we saw an earth-like planet being assimilated by ELS. And after that the rest of ELS still continuing their expedition. It's not like they want to find just one planet and be happy with it. They learn that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good idea so they tried to assimilate as many planet as they can. The one that came to earth is just one of several fleets that launched from their home world. There are more ELS than those hiding inside Jupiter.

That group of ELS assimilated that planet, but what about the ones who attacked Earth? They remained in the planet's orbit in the form of a flower fifty years after the war, my queston is why? If their prerogative is to acquire planets, then they should have left Earth to find another one.

Also, why do the ELS need Earth like planets? They could survive in Jupiter, which is much bigger, therefore they do not need planets that are the rarest in the universe. In fact, they don't need planets at all since they can survive in space, and can form their own planet like objects, as evidenced by that moon they created.

It seems the directors made the ELS so unique and mysterious that they got caught up in their own mysticism, which has led to the unexplanable behavior of the ELS. This is sad, since it puts into question why anything in the movie ever happened.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:26 am 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 4:28 am
Posts: 583
Location: HRL southern area, West Java
zerogradius wrote:
That group of ELS assimilated that planet, but what about the ones who attacked Earth? They remained in the planet's orbit in the form of a flower fifty years after the war, my queston is why? If their prerogative is to acquire planets, then they should have left Earth to find another one.

Also, why do the ELS need Earth like planets? They could survive in Jupiter, which is much bigger, therefore they do not need planets that are the rarest in the universe. In fact, they don't need planets at all since they can survive in space, and can form their own planet like objects, as evidenced by that moon they created.

It seems the directors made the ELS so unique and mysterious that they got caught up in their own mysticism, which has led to the unexplanable behavior of the ELS. This is sad, since it puts into question why anything in the movie ever happened.


Since Setsuna can contact the ELS and compromised to end the war, we can tell that ELS is an intelligent being and can make decision by themselves. It's not like they're mindless drones with only one objective that must be fulfilled no matter what (like, assimilating stuff). While they do have to found a planet, they can leave that aside since they found something more interesting that is human. I think that all ELS odd behavior is a result of their curiosity nature, just like us. They tried to assimilate anything, and learning from it. So that ELS fleet we saw isn't just refugee or invasion fleet, but expedition fleet. It sounds like an exaggeration, but we know that they can process information from things they assimilate really fast, and communicate via QBW. That would make them the same level as innovator, above normal human.

_________________
I have no signature except a shameless plug for my own blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:05 am 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 957
Location: United States
zerogradius wrote:
reeoyuy wrote:
About point no. 10:
Spoiler: show
No, they already found a planet to assimilate or maybe even more. As shown on ELS flashback, we saw an earth-like planet being assimilated by ELS. And after that the rest of ELS still continuing their expedition. It's not like they want to find just one planet and be happy with it. They learn that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good idea so they tried to assimilate as many planet as they can. The one that came to earth is just one of several fleets that launched from their home world. There are more ELS than those hiding inside Jupiter.

That group of ELS assimilated that planet, but what about the ones who attacked Earth? They remained in the planet's orbit in the form of a flower fifty years after the war, my queston is why? If their prerogative is to acquire planets, then they should have left Earth to find another one.

Also, why do the ELS need Earth like planets? They could survive in Jupiter, which is much bigger, therefore they do not need planets that are the rarest in the universe. In fact, they don't need planets at all since they can survive in space, and can form their own planet like objects, as evidenced by that moon they created.

It seems the directors made the ELS so unique and mysterious that they got caught up in their own mysticism, which has led to the unexplanable behavior of the ELS. This is sad, since it puts into question why anything in the movie ever happened.


They dont need planets, they want to assimilate for the sake of assimilating. They are looking for a home planet I think but its not their only goal. They truly believe in forming and understanding each other by becoming one being; literally. This was mentioned both in the movie and in the final chapter of 00N.

And as far as looking for planets, the final 00N mentioned they were looking for other planets similar to theirs and that's why they stayed in Jupiter. They made contact with humans as part of their fusing and understanding each other as one thing nature. They'are attractive to QBW lifeforms, and they've met other QBW species before (although they have met non QBW lifeforms as well). Its kind of their way of exploring and meeting other species; much like the humans go out and explore other species in the universe for the sake of meeting and understanding them. The ELS just do it in a way humans find very.........offensive so to speak.

The chapter also mentions that one big misunderstanding they had was in regards to individuals. ELS do not regard individual loss in the same way as humans do;l individual loss means very little to them. In fact, they are very different from humans. They fought back in the movie because the humans were fighting them; not because of a sense of needing to protect themselves or rage of loss or whatever, they were copycating the human actions (if the humans were to bake a cake of them, I reckon they would have tried to do the same thing). They're copycat nature goes a long way, and humans was a new strange one for them. The final 00N mentions that the dialogues in the movie made them understand just how different humans are from the lifeforms they have met before and they chose to co-exist together; which is pretty much what they wanted to in the first place anyways....in their own combine and become one big collective metal thingy kind of way. My intrepetation is that most of the QBW creatures they have met prior to them are likely collective liforms like them, for individualism to be a total new thing to them.

And who knows, if humans continued Innovating without meeting the ELS, maybe they would have become a collective species eventually. It sounds like a very plausible end result of gaining the ability in the extreme long run. May even explain why they have not met one in all the ones they have met, if gaining QBW led to that ultimate path eventually.

Feel like addressing some other points you stated as well, but I do not have the free time at the moment since I'm traveling around.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:38 am 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 826
Location: in your fridge behind the apple juice
So I just now realized this....
They are pretty much exactly like the coral from Eureka 7. Am I right?

_________________
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:57 pm 
Offline
Determined Shonen Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 4364
Location: A blue City in a red State
Quite similar, yes. There are also some similarities to the Festum from Fafner.

_________________
// ART/PS STUFF THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //
// GSD REWRITE PROJECT // COMPLETED 03/30/14
"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:11 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 957
Location: United States
zerogradius wrote:
Spoiler: show
3. Near the end of season 2 of 00, Feldt suddenly showed interest in Setsuna. Why or how is never explained, but this silly plot point is brought back in the movie, eating up time that could have been spent on what I mentioned in the point above.

4. Descartes Shaman. The way he was introduced, I expected him to be a major player in this movie. He was the first human turned innovator since Setsuna. However, he died fighting an enemy he could not beat halfway into the movie and had no interaction with Setsuna whatsoever. I'm left wondering what the point was of him even being there.

6. No conclusion was given for the main cast. Since there will most likely never be anything 00 related being animated again, there could have at least been some closure for the main characters. What did they do after the war, and so on. Referring to Endless Waltz once again, the path the Gundam pilots took after the war was shown, but in 00, we get nothing. I mean, they took time to show Klaus' future, but not the main characters. That's inexcusable.

7. I thought that the nonsensical self detonation in Gundam Wing was bad, but the overloading the Trans-Am to blow up silliness takes the cake. Did anyone ever think of abandoning their craft? Once the ELS latched on, there was no hope to salvage it, so what was the point of remaining in the cockpit and being forced to go kamikaze later. Allelujah and Soma/Marie were the only ones with their heads on straight, and that's saying something.

8. The plot revolved around people understanding each other. Aeolia's plan was for humans to reach a higher level of understanding so that they could leave their conflicts behind as they go into space. Assuming that humanity succeeded at that, became total pacifists, destroyed all of their weapons, and wars never took place again, the human race would have been exterminated by the aliens. The humans did not bring conflict to space, the aliens brought it to Earth. I bet Aeolia never considered that. No matter how much understanding there is between humans, it makes no difference when facing aliens who cannot communicate normally with them, as the movie showed. In the end, it took a weapon piloted by a soldier to save the world, all the talking in the world would have meant nothing.

9. Why did it take Setsuna 50 years to return to Marina? What was so hard to understand about her that it took that long for him to come back.


3. According to one of Mizushima's interview done before the movie, Feldt does not have feelings for Setsuna at that time, she have him the flowers as a symbol of good luck. He gave it to Setsuna because they were the closest in age.

If you ask me though, she definitely has feelings for Setsuna by the movie's time though. I'm guessing she likes to go for team leadership hero types; which Neil was in S1 and Setsuna was in.

Having said that, being a SetxMarina fan I (biasly) agree that the Feldt thing does not necessily need to be done but I guess Mizushima really likes to troll the pairing fans, he's done in several times while we were waiting for the movie.  

4. Likely tricking is into thinking he was the villain, since he appeared promotionally early on, so they can keep the real enemy hidden. Which is what they did. Descartes is the closest enemy looking guy to bait us.

And I guess to show is another Innovator suffering from his new transformation. It's hard to suddenly become one, even Setsuna started to become more withdrawn even though he did not become a jackass. 

6. They're likely leaving room for the sidestory people case; possibly. Strangely this should leave a bad taste on my mouth but it doesn't for some reason. Maybe it's because I actually get to see Setsuna come back, that was really awesome for me strangely and satisfied my soul sort of; the only one I was really curious about was Sumeragi. Maybe cos I did not expect anything interesting from the rest of the crew's fate.

But it's nice to get a glimpse of future of more Innovated humanity however brief, this is more important to me than finding out what happened to the main cast if I had to choose one. Having said that, I guess they should have done both and it would have satisfied more people I guess. I certainly don't mind the clarification.

7. Admitingly, I'm not top fond of this either. Maybe it's related to how absurd the Gagas are; at least in presentation.

Anyways, they did not abandon their MS because its hard to do so in most situations. Save for a few models like the Gadessa Series and Arche, most MS models don't have escape pods and stuff. Once the ELS hatched on it was near impossible to escape. Under those circumstances, you either let yourself die or let yourself die and take an enemy with you.

They can try but it's not an easy task. Maybe some did attempt. Only three out of four attempts did it anyways. 

I. Tieria let himself be trapped as a distraction for Setsuna and had to buy as much time as possible for him and he wasn't REALLY dying and got a decent payload of ELS in the process. This was a priorty because as he mentioned Setsuna is important for the dialogues. 

II. Andrei's GN-X got trapped at a large ELS moving at fast speeds and kinda went from not assimiliated to being assimiliated in such a short time, there was little hope of him surviving anyways, might as well go fighting.

III. Patrick was already a bit late for ejection since the ELS already infect  the cockpit too badly and we don't know how fast the infection came, whether it was in one global or a slow one. 

IV. Graham did it because he believed he can help Setsuna end the conflict which is ultimately true. 

There is another reason into the suicidal attacks as well. The ESF throwing off everything they can to protect humanity. Even of there's one shred of chance dying would help beat the ELS they are fighting as opposed to escaping and have a slim chance of living and fighting back anyways; most of them would likely choose the former.  There are only around 120 MS on the ESF space fleet according to the Final Mechanics book; this 120 consisting of all the GN-XIVs and the older non GN types (not including the Gundams, the Solbraves, and the 100 Gaga Cannon units). That's not a lot.

Because of this, there is also no live and fight another day element, either they win here or lose here. All the bets are off. Because there are very limited resources out there. ALL of them will have to risk staying in the GN-X because it's their most powerful MP unit and do as much as damage as possible.  That's exactly what the GN-XIV pilots have to do, given they l have the biggest (MS model) damage dealing potential of the fleet, hell all the Non GN Suits are just there as bait to protect the GN-XIVs according to one of the 00V Senki chapters IIRC, so most of these pilots expected to die. Under more normal circumstances live and fight another day seems like a good idea since skills and experience are important but this is truly a last stand for humanity, there is no other choice. 

Besides, it's not like hanging in space with so many random beams and ELS around is that safe of an option either. The vacuum itself can be quite dangerous, it's a matter of choosing which way you want to die and either choices are dangerous, as humanity's hope these soldiers want to fight even at certainty of death. In regard to Harute, it already used up it's Trans-Am already so they cannot go kamikaze even if they wanted to, and it seems to be horribly damaged anyways so it can do litle fighting at that point regardless so escaping seems to be the only thing they can do.

It should be noted the ESF designed a Core Fighter escape pod into the  GN-XIV after the conflict because of the massive lost of pilot life, they need to better prtect the pilots they still have. 

8. According to 2nd Mechanics book, the plan was to actually help facilitate humans to become better at communicating with the aliens with a means that is more versatile or something. As S2's Trans Am Burst showed, the subject does not need QBW for TAB to work. Even if the ELS lacked QBW, Quantum Burst would have worked since it forces QBW upon you in a network. It's just a far super versatile form of communication, and judging by the ELS experiences Ive mentioned, it's not that rare in the other civilisations.

Having said that, Im not sure whether the Plan specifically call for complete disarmament regards to aliens and I agree with you that weapons are important. But the communication aspect was important in order to help avoid wars in the first place; the book specifically saying that Aeolia wanted humanity to avoid an intergalactic war due to misunderstanding between civilisations. The new pacifist ESF admin were in a large path of disarmament and the GN-XIV Core Fighter 00V Senki chapter mentions they decided to continue this path after learning of the data of some of the other civilisation the ELS are aware of, and caluculating the probability of them randomly intercepting Earth to be close to zero. They did decide to seek them out by the 60s though and I don't know how their military capacity is then though even maintanence GNMS like the Sakibure have the ability to quantum teleport.

In regards to QBW, while think it's super versatile, I still think it's safe to have weapons so that if the dialogues fail there is something to fall back on, especially if you have a truly threatening civilisation with bad unbendable intent or some creatures who are inheritantly or biological resistant to QBW. So I agree that weapons are important for the survival of humanity but it should be accompanied by the quantum communication in order to prevent unecessary wars when possible.

9. This depends. Setsuna coming back late is likely not related to not understanding Marina. More likely Setsuna was more concerned with understanding with the ELS on the other aide to help both civilisation's relationship; as his mentioned before he left, "there is plenty for us to do in order to understanding each other" aka being an ambasador to a foreign nation. In addition traveling at far distances that are many lightyears away truly bends de-synchornisr time when measured at one place. Traveling at speed of light slows you down in time if not mistaken, since everything that does not move at light speed just moves normally , and the differences can be felt if your traveling to really far differences. Meaning if you go to and from Earth at light speeds, plenty of time can pass; even up to decades. We don't know the precise quantum meahanics used in quantum teleportation in the 00 series but traveling to/from long distances many lightyears away should really affect the time period of the objective space in question; in this case we're using Earth's time as a measurement for his trip back and forth as well as time spent there, which is 50 years. I'm not an expert on relativity theory, but I believe this is the case.

10. Is addressed on my previous post.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 pm 
Offline
Bald Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Posts: 4581
Location: Miami, FL
After nearly 4 years of threads, it's time to put Gundam 00's stickys to an end. For one, most of the talk now is about side stories, which aren't really current and noteworthy. Second, with a new Gundam show set to be announced next week, it's time to shine the sticky spotlight on that.

_________________
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:01 am 
Offline
Monster of the Week

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1880
Location: Nowhere I am welcomed
Sorry to bump this, but according to ANN the DVD has been released here in the US today:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=18459

I have a quick question: Is there a dub or did they just sub the whole thing?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:29 pm 
Offline
Bald Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Posts: 4581
Location: Miami, FL
Yes, it is dubbed, information that could've easily been found by looking the movie up on Amazon, Right Stuf or anywhere else.

_________________
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm
Posts: 685
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Sorry to bump this, but according to ANN the DVD has been released here in the US today:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=18459

I have a quick question: Is there a dub or did they just sub the whole thing?


It's dubbed and subbed. There's a Blu-ray, too. But I want to know if it's going to be available on PSN like other Gundam movies. Because, having not seen it, I don't know if I have confidence enough in it to outright buy it. Maybe I'll check later myself, as online says nothing about it. (But then again, they never said anything about New Translation or Afterglow of Zeon, and those are on there).

_________________
”The ‘Cowboy Bebop’ of the Mecha Genre?” http://www.ARMXOfficial.com
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:42 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Wh-what the HELLLLL???
Bandai put up a dub trailer yesterday-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdc88oxxI88

Also, word around the web has it that Marina's been recast, but I can't personally confirm that.

Probably gonna look around for it in-store either tonight or tomorrow.

_________________
Something clever. WITH ARROWS!

My Deviantart page

My Youtube channel

The Fanholes! Podcast


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:47 pm 
Offline
Oblivious Harem Loser
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:57 pm
Posts: 3933
Location: side 3; watchin' out for Zabis
I've had the movie for roughly a week now, terrific movie overall and the dubbing I think is even more polished than the series. I didn't notice any recasts but then again Marida doesn't have many lines.

_________________
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 pm 
Offline
Determined Shonen Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 4364
Location: A blue City in a red State
Wow, that looks pretty excellent. I'm DEFINITELY gonna be picking this up. Then rewatch the whole thing from the beginning.

_________________
// ART/PS STUFF THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //
// GSD REWRITE PROJECT // COMPLETED 03/30/14
"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm
Posts: 685
I checked Playstation Network (PSN) yesterday, and the 00 movie wasn't available for rental. And I doubt SyFy will pick it up like the series now that they've basically axed (or at least have put on hiatus) their anime block. That leaves me undecided...

_________________
”The ‘Cowboy Bebop’ of the Mecha Genre?” http://www.ARMXOfficial.com
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:51 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Wh-what the HELLLLL???
I got the DVD at Moviestop yesterday. Watched a few of the dub scenes.

Ocean did a pretty decent job, although I was a little disappointed that the delivery of Graham's "I was waiting for you, young man!" was robbed of the Japanese VA's hot-bloodedness. Still, Dobson did a great job with Graham's other important scenes.

Other weird bit was the pronunciation of ELS. Everyone was saying "ELS-ses", like that was the plural. Just sounded weird.

But all in all, I was happy with what I saw of the dub.

_________________
Something clever. WITH ARROWS!

My Deviantart page

My Youtube channel

The Fanholes! Podcast


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: