The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dollow

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

Destiny_Gundam wrote:There is no more Soma anyways. I'm pretty sure she's only Marie now.

Well I'm more interested in the kind of role Feldt will have. A few moments in the trailers certainly have my hopes up :D
I know what you mean, I watched it frame by frame last night, and all I will say is watch that trailer REAL carefully. There are some major hits as to what might happen in the movie.

Hey just wondering, is there anyone here who is going to see the movie in NewYork?
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Vent Noir

Destiny_Gundam wrote:There is no more Soma anyways. I'm pretty sure she's only Marie now.
Stuff "Marie". She'll always be Soma to me.

And yeah, Kenji, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. It's just that the possibility is pretty much my only remaining interest. I'll read the spoilers, and if she doesn't get to do much, I'm not gonna bother watching the movie.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
azrael

She's "Marie" when she's not pissed off. She'll be "Soma" when she wants to kill someone...
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Kenji

Personally, I still think that introducing Marie as Soma's split personality à la H/Allelujah, despite there being absolutely no previous indication that this might be the case, was a mistake. I would've personally thought it more interesting for the Marie personality to be completely gone and for Allelujah to still be looking for her in Soma.

Besides, wasn't E-0057 rejected from the Super Soldier Program because of his dissociative personality disorder? How is that consistent with the same scientists instigating a dissociative disorder in Marie and then calling her a success?

However, it is what it is. I'm sure the Soma personality will show up for the fans, like how Hallelujah was revived in S2 for (frankly) no better reason. Whether she does anything but help blow up a couple of things, on the other hand...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Destiny_Gundam

The Soma personality was always meant as a complete override rather than a split personality. It was for the sake of restoring her senses (her deprivation must have been psychosomatic then), hense why the scientists did that. So it's not like they deemed H/Al a failure while doing the same to Soma and calling her a success.

But yeah, I can easily see Soma being Marie's "battle mode."
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kurotetsu

Sepltura wrote:Aliens in OO sounds a little fishy--
I agree, especially since the only thing we've seen of these "aliens" in the trailers are those mechanical attack drones that look like souped up GN Fangs (though they don't emit particles). I suspect this will just be another product of Veda and Schenberg, probably to see if mankind can band together against an external threat. Or it could be a twist on the word, "Alien" being something that we fear and/or don't understand rather than extra-terrestrial.

Question regarding Descartes Sherman: Is he an Innovator like Setsuna? Or an Innovade?

I seem to recall it being state that he is supposed to be a true Innovator like Setsuna, which appears to be backed up by him declaring himself to be an Innovator, as well as an officer saying he's the 'first officially recognized Innovator':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSEYXgffs0Q

Yet I see people in both Gundam 00 threads referring to him as an Innovade? Has something changed, or is 'Innovator' and 'Innovade' being regarded as one and the same?
"0, Exia and Setsuna: Three Gundams become One." - Sume Gai
Dark Duel

AFAIK he was stated to be an Innovator.
Kurotetsu wrote:it could be a twist on the word, "Alien" being something that we fear and/or don't understand rather than extra-terrestrial.
Problem with that theory is that the E in "ELS" from the trailer's been confirmed to stand for extraterrestrial.

So whatever these things ultimately are, their point of origin lies outside the Earthsphere. (Which after all is what "extraterrestrial" means - not from Earth.)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
blind_dead_mcjones

Kenji wrote: Besides, wasn't E-0057 rejected from the Super Soldier Program because of his dissociative personality disorder? How is that consistent with the same scientists instigating a dissociative disorder in Marie and then calling her a success?
he was rejected because his alternative personality was psychotic and uncontrollable, soma on the hand was controllable,

consider Hal to be the flawed prototype
Flag Fighter for life!
Genese Gundam

Kurotetsu wrote: Question regarding Descartes Sherman: Is he an Innovator like Setsuna? Or an Innovade?
I seem to recall it being state that he is supposed to be a true Innovator like Setsuna, which appears to be backed up by him declaring himself to be an Innovator, as well as an officer saying he's the 'first officially recognized Innovator':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSEYXgffs0Q
Yet I see people in both Gundam 00 threads referring to him as an Innovade? Has something changed, or is 'Innovator' and 'Innovade' being regarded as one and the same?
As far as I know, he was said from the very beginning to be another true innovator, (I think one piece of earlier information said there were a few now...) it's just that we don't know how he came to be one. There are still loads of Innovades about, it just might be that the focus of the film is about true Innovators and those under going innovation as opposed to focusing on the Innovades, so I suppose the term Innovators takes priority. Although I'm sure there wouldn't be any confusion if it weren't for a certain green haired fool who took to call himself a true Innovator...
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
azrael

Kurotetsu wrote: Question regarding Descartes Sherman: Is he an Innovator like Setsuna? Or an Innovade?
He is the "first officially-recognized" Innovator.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
SonicSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKNeezhl ... r_embedded#!

New trailer. Raphael is seen emitting Tau Particles again but with the backpack this time, however the GN Big Cannons are missing. 00 Raiser Condenser Type looks pretty cool I must say though its nothing special.

Lots and lots of ELS it seems in the form of those needles. And some shots of our 300+ meter long Gadelaza. Each Fang seemed to look like it has a GN Drive from how they seem to appear, their rears have the suspicious look.
Destiny_Gundam

SonicSP wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKNeezhl ... r_embedded#!

New trailer. Raphael is seen emitting Tau Particles again but with the backpack this time, however the GN Big Cannons are missing. 00 Raiser Condenser Type looks pretty cool I must say though its nothing special.
Looks like the regular 00-Raiser to me.

And yet another conspicuous shot of Feldt :lol: With all this face time, she better have some sort of significant role.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
ShadowCell

Durr Hurr It's A Girl Syndrome says she's already significant merely by virtue of being a Girl.
blind_dead_mcjones

@ Destiny Gundam

its a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of thing with the 00 raiser condensor type
and asm uch as i'd like to think she's going to have a significant role beyond bridge bunny my inner cynic says that they're just mlking her popularity with fanboys for everything its worth

@ SonicSP

i can buy those those fangs having their owndrives given their the size of mobile suits, kinda reminds me of the interceptor drones that the protoss carrier uses

and the gadelaza's arms have beam guns in them too by the look of it

EDIT: just noticed, when the zabanya ejected its bits in the trailer the grey arms/hardpoints that connect them to its waist/lower back and shoulders are ejected also, hmm....
Flag Fighter for life!
SonicSP

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Looks like the regular 00-Raiser to me.
It is, however I was just commenting how good it looks in the trailer. I was still more impressed by it than the 00 Quanta scenes in the trailer.
SonicSP

http://j.imagehost.org/0499/c24.png

The Nena-lookalike's name is Mina Carmine. She's an astrophysicist it seems.
Amadi Akintunde

Astrophysicist in leather it seems
TakaTahuNuva

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Astrophysicist in leather it seems
That's the best kind of astrophysicists.
ohhhh snap
SonicSP

I third the above sentiments.

There's something about the stockings and labcoat that is strangely erotic. And Nena didnt affect me this much either, strangely.
ShadowCell

thanks for sharing, guys