The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
reeoyuy

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

Is there any new info from those extra goodies inside special edition of Trailblazer BD? Maybe from the interview with Mizushima. I want to know if everything (since season 1 till now) went as he visioned or that there's a slight alteration in the middle of project. Most importantly, is he ever planned to have aliens in OO universe from the beginning.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I'm just going through 00 S1 again and I saw a reference to something concerning Graham Aker. One of the other Flag pilots claimed that Graham had killed his commanding officer and I can't remember if there's any other reference to that in the show. What happened?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
TakaTahuNuva

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:I'm just going through 00 S1 again and I saw a reference to something concerning Graham Aker. One of the other Flag pilots claimed that Graham had killed his commanding officer and I can't remember if there's any other reference to that in the show. What happened?
It's mentioned twice in season 1 - the other time is after Howard gets killed and Graham and Daryl visit his grave. As far as I know, no other details have been revealed.
ohhhh snap
Amadi Akintunde

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:I'm just going through 00 S1 again and I saw a reference to something concerning Graham Aker. One of the other Flag pilots claimed that Graham had killed his commanding officer and I can't remember if there's any other reference to that in the show. What happened?
That reference - and event - is depicted in one of 00's audio dramas. Road to 2307 or something like that.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Some other things I thought of as I go back through season 1

1. In episode 21, Alejandro seems surprised that Laguna Harvey has made the GN-X MS. I was initially surprised about this, because I thought that Harvey was working for Corner. The theory I came up with is that Corner had Laguna make the Throne Gundams but then Harvey got greedy and somehow sought to play Celestial Being and the world against each other or something and made the GN-X's and gave them to the UN Army. Right? Wrong?

2. When we see the breif scene of the Jupiter ship where the two dudes find Purple Pervert Haro, are we to now infer that the ship suffered some sort of ELS attack?

3. Is Meena Carmine a clone or something of Neena Trinity?

If these have been brought up before, I apologize but I'm headed out the door at the moment.

--Freyja Wion
blind_dead_mcjones

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Some other things I thought of as I go back through season 1

1. In episode 21, Alejandro seems surprised that Laguna Harvey has made the GN-X MS. I was initially surprised about this, because I thought that Harvey was working for Corner. The theory I came up with is that Corner had Laguna make the Throne Gundams but then Harvey got greedy and somehow sought to play Celestial Being and the world against each other or something and made the GN-X's and gave them to the UN Army. Right? Wrong?

2. When we see the breif scene of the Jupiter ship where the two dudes find Purple Pervert Haro, are we to now infer that the ship suffered some sort of ELS attack?

3. Is Meena Carmine a clone or something of Neena Trinity?

If these have been brought up before, I apologize but I'm headed out the door at the moment.
1: can't say
Spoiler
2: that ship was used to make the true GN drives, after they were finished one of the people overseeing the operation took steps to get rid of all the evidence (and considering the purple haro survived he wasn't 100% thorough)

3: its the other way round (to be more precise nena is a clone of one of meena's ancestors)
Flag Fighter for life!
Arbiter GUNDAM

So Ribbons took his DNA and DNA from her ancestors and created the Trinities eh? That's... not at all disturbing. Is it just me or do a lot of Ribbons' innovades exhibit sociopathic tendencies?

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

It's not just you. The only ones that weren't whackjobs IMO were Bring/Divine, who had absolutely no personality whatsoever (nor much relevance to the plot either), and Anew - and we know what ended up happening to her. The others are all nutcases.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Homeless

The GN-X were part of Alejandro's plan and he helped develop them, so no.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
VentZX

Amadi Akintunde wrote:
That reference - and event - is depicted in one of 00's audio dramas. Road to 2307 or something like that.
TakaTahuNuva wrote:It's mentioned twice in season 1 - the other time is after Howard gets killed and Graham and Daryl visit his grave. As far as I know, no other details have been revealed.
Actually, we know the full details about it courtesy of 00N. The test flight was a showdown between the two MS that were competing to become the mainstay of the Union: The YMS-01A Union Flag from the Iris Corporation and the YMS-02 Union Blast from Bell Factory. The superior officer in question was Sleg Sletcher. Long story short, during the mock battle, Graham bested Sleg, but it caused Sleg's Blast to crash killing him. As a result from that demonstration, the Flag was decided on to be the mainstay MS.
JEFFPIATT

Dark Duel wrote:It's not just you. The only ones that weren't whackjobs IMO were Bring/Divine, who had absolutely no personality whatsoever (nor much relevance to the plot either), and Anew - and we know what ended up happening to her. The others are all nutcases.
well it did not help that most of them seemed to have been raised by ribbons and were given his point of view the innovator faction was basically a group of "man-children" who had child like minds in super human bodies. only 3 had stable minds the Bring/Divine template was stable enough to get mass produced while Regine retained the loyalty to the plan that Terria had and eventually worked to dethrone Ribbons and place her brother in to Veta and delete Ribbons admin account along with the rest of the traitors.
Homeless wrote:
The GN-X were part of Alejandro's plan and he helped develop them, so no.
From that scene i was thinking that either harvey gave up the GN-X's early or only planed on giveing out the drives not actual MS
Homeless

It seems to have all gone to plan. The first Special Edition even adds scenes showing the GN-X being present alongside the Drives, as well as Alejandro and Ribbons discussing their being given to the UN.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
VentZX

JEFFPIATT wrote:From that scene i was thinking that either harvey gave up the GN-X's early or only planed on giveing out the drives not actual MS
Laguna is the perfect example of a disposable middle man. Alejandro was responsible for the Thrones and later the GN Tau Drives and GN-X MS. If it wasn't readily obvious already from the series, in 00V there is an account of Deborah Galenia being called on by Alejandro to test pilot the GNX-509T Throne Varanus. The data collected from the Thone Varanus was then used to build the GN-X series. Basically, not only is the Thone Varanus undeniable proof that Alejandro was behind the GN-X series, but also the direct connection between the Thone Gundams and the GN-X.

Basically, the gist of it is that Alejandro used the Thrones to rile up public hatred of Celestial Being and the Gundams, and then use the GN-Xs to defeat the Gundams and install himself as head of the united world government that was established afterward. Alejandro was also the guy that ordered those terrorist attacks at the end of episode 7 and in episode 8, and it was clear that Ali was taking orders from Alejandro all through out the season. The kidnapping of that religious leader in Azadistan was ordered by Alejandro, and it was then Alejandro that ordered Ali to kill Laguna, and then take out the Trinity siblings.
SonicSP

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:So Ribbons took his DNA and DNA from her ancestors and created the Trinities eh? That's... not at all disturbing. Is it just me or do a lot of Ribbons' innovades exhibit sociopathic tendencies?
Yes, they sort of have. Anew may be a possible exception although its hard to tell with Anew since she was wearing her human personality without her old memories while she was spying. She did seem wicked though after she transformed back although her human experiences would have affected her somewhat so even those aren't totally her real old self. Bring and Devine seemed normal as well, just seem like the silent loyal soldier type, hell even dignified for the former since he tried to convince Tieria to join the Innovade cause because he himself is one and is slightly reluctant to kill him in order to finish the mission.
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Some other things I thought of as I go back through season 1

1. In episode 21, Alejandro seems surprised that Laguna Harvey has made the GN-X MS. I was initially surprised about this, because I thought that Harvey was working for Corner. The theory I came up with is that Corner had Laguna make the Throne Gundams but then Harvey got greedy and somehow sought to play Celestial Being and the world against each other or something and made the GN-X's and gave them to the UN Army. Right? Wrong
According to 00V, Corner (and some extent the UN) was in the the development of the GN-X. Corner pretty much provided the Throne Veranus data to them and had Deborah test pilot it so that adjustments can be made in the development since the machines were supposed to be used with bloc pilots.

I recall the MG GN-X manual also mentioned that the GN-X were transported from ground to inside the Orbital Elevators where all the parts were put together to form the units. The GN-X were also designed to be used with Original GN-Drives initially but because they cannot replicate the Original Drives that uses a special core, they had to settle with the Pseudo Drives. By the GN-X III generation, all the specification and traits that are related to Original Drives have been removed since they've decided that Tau Drives would have been good enough.

I wonder if they were other Observers working in this scheme aside from Laguna and Alejandro?

*oh I waited too long*
Resident of GMT-5

Spoiler
Now that I think about it, shouldn't that girl who got partially assimilated by ELS looked at least in her late thirties in the epilogue of the movie? I could've sworn I had heard someone stating that the Innovators aged twice as slow as ordinary humans. I mean, Setsuna had an excuse for being part alien by that point, but what about that girl?
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Now that I think about it, shouldn't that girl who got partially assimilated by ELS looked at least in her late thirties in the epilogue of the movie? I could've sworn I had heard someone stating that the Innovators aged twice as slow as ordinary humans. I mean, Setsuna had an excuse for being part alien by that point, but what about that girl?
Since the ELS assimilates with those exhibiting quantum brain waves, the girl (Amia Lee) is recognized as a latent Innovator and thus, frozen in time.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Resident of GMT-5

G-Slayer wrote:
Since the ELS assimilates with those exhibiting quantum brain waves, the girl (Amia Lee) is recognized as a latent Innovator and thus, frozen in time.
Ah, so the change didn't affect the looks of the Innovators? I never thought about it that way.
Arbiter GUNDAM

So could the ELS be used to gain immortality? That could be a good plot.

--Freyja Wion
Zangetsu

I have a slightly random question I got after seeing Trailblazer. We see Teria well with a new fully developed body, a mere two years after his 'death'. While I know this would have made the moive itself too cluttered I couldn't help, but wonder something. Why didn't Teria with his control over Veda bring back Anew? I don't recall this being adressed in the manga, though if someone knows otherwise please correct me. I figured either Lyle asked him not to, or maybe he couldn't. Though how he couldn't would be beyond me.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Arbiter GUNDAM

I would guess it would likely have been because she wasn't connected to Veda somehow. But that would be unusual because we see that Tieria, Regene and Ribbons all have some connection to Veda and the Seraphim's Trial Field disables Hilling and Devine's(?) MS so I'm not sure where the error is in that.

Plus it would have then negated all the emotion that her death generated. Kinda like a certain blond-haired ace pilot we all know from Gundam SEED... :roll:

--Freyja Wion