The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

Zangetsu wrote:I have a slightly random question I got after seeing Trailblazer. We see Teria well with a new fully developed body, a mere two years after his 'death'. While I know this would have made the moive itself too cluttered I couldn't help, but wonder something. Why didn't Teria with his control over Veda bring back Anew? I don't recall this being adressed in the manga, though if someone knows otherwise please correct me. I figured either Lyle asked him not to, or maybe he couldn't. Though how he couldn't would be beyond me.
I'd bet that Ribbons would have removed any trace of Anew from Veda long before Tieria got accesss again himself. That would ensure that she is gone and not coming back to bite Ribbons in his skittle hide. In short, there isn't anything left in Veda to bring back.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Resident of GMT-5

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:So could the ELS be used to gain immortality? That could be a good plot.
Seriously? me and my sis nicknamed Setsuna
Spoiler
Edward Cullen because of the immortality he attained. It helps that his head became white, not to mention those striking, Innovator eyes
And I really don't wanna see anything more than a platonic relationship between Marina and him by that point in the movie.
SonicSP

Wingnut wrote:
Zangetsu wrote:I have a slightly random question I got after seeing Trailblazer. We see Teria well with a new fully developed body, a mere two years after his 'death'. While I know this would have made the moive itself too cluttered I couldn't help, but wonder something. Why didn't Teria with his control over Veda bring back Anew? I don't recall this being adressed in the manga, though if someone knows otherwise please correct me. I figured either Lyle asked him not to, or maybe he couldn't. Though how he couldn't would be beyond me.
I'd bet that Ribbons would have removed any trace of Anew from Veda long before Tieria got accesss again himself. That would ensure that she is gone and not coming back to bite Ribbons in his skittle hide. In short, there isn't anything left in Veda to bring back.
This is likely the case, even Ribbons was sealed inside Veda at the moment. And even though he's there, its stated that he's so different that the data there cannot be considered "Ribbons" anymore.
Arsarcana

Also, one assumes that for the Veda backup to be the actual person they'd need a link to the computer at the time of their physical death so they could upload themselves into the system (which is what happened to Tieria). Since Ribbons' link to Anew was nulified at the time, her Veda link might have been as well. Even if she had a link and was able to upload herself, she was obviously unreliable from Ribbons' perspective and since he still controlled the system he probably would have deleted her from it. True, he didn't think to do this for Regene (a bit of an oops on his part) but if Anew was still floating around inside the system we'd have seen her at some point.
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:So could the ELS be used to gain immortality? That could be a good plot.
I don't believe it's been addressed but the fact that Setsuna hasn't visibly aged in fifty years suggests that it might be possible for someone who's been sufficiently assimilated (IIRC the manga takes ELS-related aging one further but that doesn't count here), kinda like how the Innovades don't age due to the way they're made. There's also Amia, who looks a bit younger than she should even with an Innovation-extended lifespan, though if there is an effect on aging in partial assimilation cases it's not a complete one since otherwise she should still look like a teenager. It's certainly an interesting potential plot point and as we learn more about this war between the old/enhanced humans and the Innovators (with assimilation or otherwise) we might get some more information on it.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

For the record, in the movie we do see a young lady resembling Anew serving the ESF's president. But she's not our Anew since her consciousness wasn't uploaded into Veda when she died.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
reeoyuy

I'm curious about the scale of Innovator war (that Innovators vs old human conflict written in OOV). If the scale of war is big and across wide area, wouldn't that negate CB effort on promoting peace through understanding? But if said war is just small, regional conflict, then it's understandable since in reality it's impossible to make everyone abandon conflicts instantly. It's a nice touch of realism if the war isn't that big. From 2364 epilogue it seems Earth is relatively peaceful (not that we saw a lot of it anyway). But the way Old Human faction mass produced Gadelaza and now Raphael Dominion take part too, it looks serious. What OOV said about this?
SonicSP

reeoyuy wrote:I'm curious about the scale of Innovator war (that Innovators vs old human conflict written in OOV). If the scale of war is big and across wide area, wouldn't that negate CB effort on promoting peace through understanding? But if said war is just small, regional conflict, then it's understandable since in reality it's impossible to make everyone abandon conflicts instantly. It's a nice touch of realism if the war isn't that big. From 2364 epilogue it seems Earth is relatively peaceful (not that we saw a lot of it anyway). But the way Old Human faction mass produced Gadelaza and now Raphael Dominion take part too, it looks serious. What OOV said about this?
We're waiting for somebody to intrepete the latest chapter once the scan of the story comes out. But this translation someone from Zook's forum made of a chinese-language summary would answer some of it, its off last months' GN-X IV Core Fighter chapter:
E08 wrote: Since no one posted the summary and I happen to come across the chinese translation of this chapter, below is the summary.

-The story takes place a few months after the ELS War and anti-innovator war sentiment is already brewing in the dark.

-A meeting was held to decide the future direction of the EF army.

-According to data obtained from ELS, there are other unknown living organisms in space, but the chance of them coming to earth is close to zero

-Overall atmosphere of the meeting is to continue with disarmament policy as well as freezing the development of new weapons.

-Most of the resources are used on rebuilding thus few resources are available for military R&D

-A civilian military contractor proposed the development of the core fighter

-Core fighter was based on data in veda

-The proposal was accepted as no new MS need to be developed and there is respect of human lives.

-In order to realise the full potential of the core fighter, the next-gen MS is needed. This will be the first step in strengthening the military to prepare for the next war... War against the innovators.
It sounds a lot like the Old Human Faction is part of the ESF military if you ask me. The actual conflict is also the environment in which the latest Raphael Dominion variant takes place in.

Of course, taking into account that a lot of the rapid increase in Innovation is due to those people coming direct contact with the ELS themselves, part of the Old Human Faction's reasoning would be xenophobiasm since they're againts both the Innovators and the ELS. And given that this was just shortly after the ELS encounter, I cannot really blame them.

Of course, the info released before the movie suggested that the ESF was now implementing Aeolia's plans and some machines they designed were meant for Innovators to begin with, so it makes me wonder there's a pro-Innovator faction there somewhere as well.

Things likely would have come down 50 years later however, at least it appears to be the case from what little we saw. Other than that, we still don't know the extent of the conflict for now.
reeoyuy

I see. That looks like internal conflict between ESF military;still hard to determine the scale but it seems unlike natural vs coordinator conflict.
SonicSP

Cross posting this info.
EZ08 wrote:Summary of the story from the chinese translation i managed to find. The story does not provide much info about Dominions.

-During the war some people mistake other ms as gundam, this can be interpreted as people searching for gundam in the war. Gundam now symbolises the eradicting of war.

-Majority of the army is supportive of innovators.

-Anti-innovators section of the army that left are using the army’s equipment, thus only the army or a group like CB can deal with them.

-Amy is still using advanced GN-X while the enemies are using GNX-805T/CF.

-Amy is saved by a beam from a far distance, it was careful not to hit the core fighters.

-Amy is able to confirm that the beam is from a gundam, but is unable to get a clear look.

-Although Robert Spacey suspects that Amy saw a variant of Raphael Gundam, he did not tell him so(No one else believe that Amy saw a gundam)

-Creation of new gundam is mostly likely linked to Veda. As Veda did not release the info, Robert feels that he should keep quiet. Robert wanted to see Amy’s disappointed look is another reason why he did not tell him the truth.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I need a rundown of the abilities that Innovators and Innovades possess and if you would like to throw in any theories as to new abilities, those would be welcome as well. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

On top of my mind:

Innovators
-A-Level Quantum Brainwave
-mind reading (Descartes)
-physically strong
-premonition
-longer lifetime
-better healing ability
-the ability to create a quantum (backup) mind in case of brain damage (Setsuna)*
-can facilitate Trans-Am Burst type systems

*this was mentioned in an interview, about what Setsuna's brain did to survive the brain damage. It was possible due to 00 Raiser using TAB in this instance.

Innovades
-B Level Quantum Brainwave
-can communicate using QBW with other twin
-physically strong
-essentially are biological terminals of Veda and can interface with it
-do not age
-transfer conciousness to a Veda's buffer memory in order to survive shortly after death (Tieria)*
-facilitate Trial System (Tieria, Hanayo)
-take control of other Innovades (Ribbons)
-transfer bodies (Beside, Ribbons)
-a long list of special abilities based on individual (lazy to list them all and a lot of it can feel out of place too, blame 00I). Examples include
--control of any machine (Lars)
--control of any GN Drive (Regene)

*S2 Official File Volume 5

I'm just mentioning whatever I'm remembering, I might have missed some. Note that Quantum brainwave may be the source of some of these abilities while being the source of other unmentioned abilities. One example of which is how Setsuna can fight even when the visual and radar MS senses are blinded like in S2-25 and in the movie. Also note that some Innovade ability may not be general and are special ones of individual(s).
Den Sethos

A question and a remark:

- who is Lars?

- I attributed Setsuna's ability to fight with blinded sensors to a sense of GN particles, as in, interacting with them, to get an image of their concentration in his environment. This way, he could know where they are released (GN Drive) and where they do not penetrate as much (thus defining the volume of an object, like a MS).
Dark Duel

Lars is one of the characters in 00I. He's an Innovade, and apparently hunted down and murdered other Innovades.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Lars_Grise
(Yeah, I know - wiki. Still, at least you can get a rough idea.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SonicSP

Den Sethos wrote:A question and a remark:

- who is Lars?

- I attributed Setsuna's ability to fight with blinded sensors to a sense of GN particles, as in, interacting with them, to get an image of their concentration in his environment. This way, he could know where they are released (GN Drive) and where they do not penetrate as much (thus defining the volume of an object, like a MS).
Even if it was sensing with GN Particles, its his QBW that allows him to sense that in the first place.
Den Sethos

Ah, yes, I was thinking the same, I haven't been clear enough in my post.
And thanks for the answer on Lars. No wonder I didn't know who that is... Side stories...
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Dark Duel wrote:(Yeah, I know - wiki. Still, at least you can get a rough idea.
For the record, yes I've heard the stories about wiki being misinformative since the information can be freely modified by and and all users. But I've used wiki as a source of info on many topics for years and have yet to see any bit of misinformation, anime, game, or otherwise.
SonicSP

Being one of the admins in Gundam Wikia, I can certainly vouch that the site is generally good when it comes to general stuff about Gundam 00 although they maybe it's less accurate when it comes to more specifics, so its not a good idea to for example cite s specific line that contain a specific important information when it comes to discussions. I mean we try our best to modify the articles to ensure they're as accurate as possible but merging all of Gundam 00's sources into a single article form is a bit hard afterall. And things are always in a "Work In Progress" mode because something is always being improved in some way.

Usually though anything that has a cite next to it at the end of the sentence is trustworthy for the most part. In the case of Lars' article, it does seem pretty generally accurate as far as I can tell from the summaries zive seen in the forums but Im no expert on him and I don't do much with his page personally since I lack the specific knowledge about him and 00I.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I just watched Trailblazer again and something odd stood out to me. The damaged probe is assimilated by the ELS and heads for Earth right. It gets blown up and fragments into pieces. Later, the same ship shows up and heads for the Ptolamaios. Was that just a bunch of ELS that banded together and took the form of the ship or reconstituted it somehow?

Also, did we ever figure out what happened to the probe ship originally?

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

Definitely the ELS, they can just do that. The original was blown up near the start by Descartes.

As for what happened to the probe ship initially, after the GN Drive project was completed and they were launched back to Earth via unmanned capsules, the head scientist killed everyone on board with a gun including his best friend and the woman he loved. He then proceeded to eject all notes and hardrives he found into Jupiter before proceeding to blow the ship up (all of this was planned from the beginning). All this is from S1 Novel 2 Prologue, 00I 2314 also mentions/portrayed some of these events.

Of course, as we all know the ship was not destroyed completely just damaged and the guy must have missed the Purple Haro for whatever reason. 00I 2314 also showed Sky Eclipse with a Haro in one panel, I'm not sure whether it not being found by the lead scientist was somehow related to this panel or not.

For those who are not familiar, Sky Eclipse was the Ribbons-type Innovade that we see Setsuna kill in the movie. But he was ELS possessed at that point and already died a long time ago on the ship.
Arbiter GUNDAM

SonicSP wrote: As for what happened to the probe ship initially, after the GN Drive project was completed and they were launched back to Earth via unmanned capsules, the head scientist killed everyone on board with a gun including his best friend and the woman he loved. He then proceeded to eject all notes and hardrives he found into Jupiter before proceeding to blow the ship up (all of this was planned from the beginning). All this is from S1 Novel 2 Prologue, 00I 2314 also mentions/portrayed some of these events.
Little over the top perhaps?

--Freyja Wion