Broken Blade

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NastyNate

Re: Broken Blade

I finally fired up this anime. It's free on amazon prime and I'm doing the one month trial. I'm enjoying the show. Generic plot but fun. I'm on the third episode and will probably finish by next week. It's short and addictive.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
latenlazy

The manga's nowhere near completion yet, so we'll just have to wait. Really curious about the back story of the Delphine.
NastyNate

Finished Broken Blade. I tell you a couple of things this show does right: It has gorgeously cinegraphed battles and it has a lot of aces. I remember back when Gundamn reviewed Gundam Wing one of thier knocks against the show was lack of Aces. This show has more in 6 episodes than that whole series. It's great not seeing tons of grunts and I like how the aces have their own unique suits.

Also I liked how they had some aces like the crazy ones but got rid of them. Shows like Gundam Seed have the crazy enemy for way too long. I dreaded seeing them. This show had a couple, they did their thing, and then they where gone. I liked that.

Also the mood of the show. Wow. The main country was so outmatched against Athens. Had me really rooting for the underdog. There was a desperation the whole time. Really great music too.

The queen sure was not smart for gushing over rigard being married and all. If she would have done anything with him they both would have been executed. We get a very Aurther, lancelot, and lady whats her name.

I was nervous how the show would end but it was good. I hope they say who did Rigard see at the village. I'm pretty sure that was his brother he saw dead. I'll be very excited for the rest of the show to come out, that's for sure. I hope we get another dub, this one was great.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Destiny_Gundam

NastyNate wrote:The queen sure was not smart for gushing over rigard being married and all. If she would have done anything with him they both would have been executed. We get a very Aurther, lancelot, and lady whats her name.
It's pretty apparent that Sigyn's marriage with Hodr is just for appearences. The one she has always loved has been Rygart, and Hodr is aware of this.
NastyNate wrote:I hope they say who did Rigard see at the village. I'm pretty sure that was his brother he saw dead.
No, Regatz is alive. He shows up at the very end.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
NastyNate

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
NastyNate wrote:
NastyNate wrote:I hope they say who did Rigard see at the village. I'm pretty sure that was his brother he saw dead.
No, Regatz is alive. He shows up at the very end.
Exactly. That's why I want to know who that was in the village that he saw. It looked just like his brother with the blonde hair. That's when Rigard really flipped out in the village.

Destiny_Gundam

Could have been some other kid he thought was Regatz. Probably wasn't anyone in particular, since everyone in the village shunned them for being unsorcerers.

Those events diverged pretty significantly from the manga.
NastyNate

Ah I see. Did you read the manga too?

Also I did not catch that the brother was an unsorcerer too.

Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, I read the manga. The movies were pretty faithful to it until the 5th movie, which is kinda weird seeing how the 6th movie's ending brings it back in line with the manga anyways. What happens to Ghirge is the biggest change.
NastyNate

What's the status on the manga finishing?

Destiny_Gundam

It's still got plenty of life left in it. The war continues on after Borcuse's defeat.
Zeonista

Destiny_Gundam wrote:It's still got plenty of life left in it. The war continues on after Borcuse's defeat.
Yes, and there are some interesting character developments as well. It's definitely not over by a long shot! The manga has a longer periodic release schedule, so patience is required.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde