Gundam 00...Lyle's role

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
fire_lupine

Gundam 00...Lyle's role

Re watching S2 of Gundam OO here...in ep 3 we here Lyle say..."frankly this works better for me" what is he referring to?
Before he was pushed back into the shadows some...what did the writers and directors have planned for him?
Has any side stories shed any light on him or why his "test date scores" are so high as Sumeragi pointed out?
Chris
Administrator

Re: Gundam 00...Lyle's role

Why did you post this here and on 4chan?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
fire_lupine

Different boards...different people and different views
HellCat

I think the only confirmed plan is that both he and Anew would be competing spies, one working for Katharon and the other for Ribbons. This was apparently nixed because sponsors insisted housewives would respond better to the Neil and Tieria plot being retread as a straight romance.

In terms of sidestories, we're basically just told how Lyle always felt like he was in his 'older' brother's shadow somewhat and Neil didn't pick up on the fact they weren't so different. Neil believed his brother was living a normal life as the employee of (I think) a shipping company but he had similar feelings to his brother. In fact, I think it's implied that ironically both brothers thought the other was offer doing some simple job and wondered what the other would think about what they were becoming involved with.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Chris
Administrator

fire_lupine wrote:Different boards...different people and different views
Given that the first response was to call you an idiot, that should illustrate how useful their "different views" are. The people aren't as different as you think, as there's quite a bit of crossover between both boards.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Toxicity

I figured there would be a few amongst the MAHQ folks who also browsed /m/, but I certainly didn't think Chris would be one of them. I browse it a fair bit myself, mainly for the E7:Ao threads and image dumps. Apart from those, I hate having to sift through all the "Toku is not /m/", "More like infinite shit amirite?", and all the rest of the useless trolling in order to find some decent pics.

More related to the topic, I always thought it was silly how the transition was made between Neil to Lyle. It might be a bad comparison, but it reminds me of how Landfill gets killed in the movie Beerfest then replaced with his twin brother or whatever and the movie continues as if none of it ever happened.
DuelGundam2099

I hate having to sift through all the "Toku is not /m/"
Seconded plus all of the daily Seed Destiny hate threads that get one or two responses. I can understand most western fans do not like it and I have gotten used to it, but you would think after about a few of months straight there would be a break.

Other than that /m/ is a fun(ny) place that has a bunch of good jokes and pics.
and all the rest of the useless trolling in order to find some decent pics.
Oh come now, sometimes it is funny.
ShadowCell

Lyle's role in Gundam 00 was to bring Lockon back from the dead.
Compass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuit-G4Teb4

Ironically, the Chibi Theater for Gundam 00 was pretty... accurate in portraying both S2 and the movie.

Lyle's motivations changed quite a bit through S2. He originally was hardcore Katharon. Eventually, though, he did side more with CB, as he does side with its ideals. That, and the Anew thing and all.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex