[Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mu La Flaga

Re: [Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

Wingnut wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:Except that it's by the series writer!
That just brings more proof that they should have just left it alone.
I agree, there is probably a good reason why some Gundam Mangas never get animated so they don't become cannon.
Not to mention also when this such a radical change from things we knew and loved in AC settings before.

Then again we have stuff like as to why Episode Zero never got animated.
Or what Destiny's writter was thinking ect.
The list could go on and on.
AmuroNT1

Deacon Blues wrote:And evidence supporting this is... where? Sorry, but you cant say something is there when it isn't.
How about the part where, earlier in this very topic, you treated my sarcastic suggestion that we replace this novel with my own fanfiction as if I was an egocentric jerk or something? Or the very post to which Mu refers - yes, I DO consider "crackpot opinion" to be insulting.

As for information sources, all we have is Corpus_Yaoi, and she's both somewhat inaccurate and slacking off (didn't even bother with Ch.5), while you provide some tidbits here and there it seems like you only translate stuff about this novel in order to rub it in the faces of people like myself who don't like the damned thing.

I'm certainly not saying that you and the guys at Z-C should drop everything and add this novel to your translation queue. Even if I don't particularly care for you personally, I actually respect you guys and the amount of of time and effort that goes into translating a story from one complex language to another. I'd just appreciate a little understanding about the fact that this novel is taking a series I still have an immense fondness for and doing terrible things to the setting and the cast.

But this is off-topic, and you and I sniping back and forth at one another is certainly going to bring down some moderator wrath eventually. So I'd like to ask that you put aside whatever problems you have with me in the name of discourse, and I'll do my best to do the same. Because really now, does the Internet need MORE petty bickering?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mu La Flaga

In all fairness, I kind of tried to say that before to just show some respect to his opinion.
You could just call it silly or a little stupid and then state the reasons as to why

The way you word things, does reflect how people respond.
Hence why on the net being text I use smileys when joking ect.
When not using smileys usually being more serious.

Just to say.
Since as Amuro NT1 said, Wing has such an established timeline with Episode Zero, Wing series and Wing EW, then this turns it upside down on it's head, from one of the main writters.
Not to mention unlike some of the other Mangas and all, the head writter is making it as officila as possible as a novel can be for now.
I doubt this would become the next big hit like Unicorn had happen to it, when it got adapted.
I mean Wing was one of the big series for America when it got aired back in the day.
ShadowCell

okay, all of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i9Fa2UrDAk

seriously take the scanlating group infighting and sniping somewhere else.
Bord

Ditto on that. Apart from the off-topic posts pointless arguments like that aren't really necessary. Now please, can we get back on topic?
Deacon Blues

AmuroNT1 wrote:As for information sources, all we have is Corpus_Yaoi, and she's both somewhat inaccurate and slacking off (didn't even bother with Ch.5), while you provide some tidbits here and there it seems like you only translate stuff about this novel in order to rub it in the faces of people like myself who don't like the damned thing.
She actually got butthurt because I was pointing out translation errors in her postings and removed all traces of her translations and summaries from the net. Immature? Yeah, kinda. However, I only did it because it was creating information confusion and starting people on the path of "but this happened according to xxx" when it, in fact, did not. For the record, I translated the Prologue and released it. Wing has a soft spot in my heart (aw, ain't that cute), which is why I'm doing this.
I'm certainly not saying that you and the guys at Z-C should drop everything and add this novel to your translation queue. Even if I don't particularly care for you personally, I actually respect you guys and the amount of of time and effort that goes into translating a story from one complex language to another. I'd just appreciate a little understanding about the fact that this novel is taking a series I still have an immense fondness for and doing terrible things to the setting and the cast.
Let's just say that because of that individuals particular stylings, many peoples opinions about the story have been misconstrued.

Freakazoid? Really Shadow? REALLY? You HAD to go there? Psh.

As for the novel... I think the reason why people are having such a difficult time understanding everything is because of the way things are being presented. We've had a HUGE glob of "this happened in the past" thrown at us and less of the "this is happening now" scenario. It's quite confusing given the constantly shifting narrative of the story (Kathy, Trowa Phobos, Quaterine, etc.).
ShadowCell

Alright, we'll try this one more time or else I'm locking this thread. Drop the subject. No more posts about it. No more talking about it. Now.
AmuroNT1

Alright, I'm sorry. I can get a bit hotheaded at times, so if I've caused any problems I do apologize.

Deacon: If I have gotten some bad info, please let me know what's wrong. Again, I'm not asking for a full translation, just bullet points. I don't like the idea of attributing false blame, and I really don't like the idea of being so angry at an author who helped make a show which I still consider a personal favorite.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Imperial

AmuroNT1 wrote: I don't like the idea of attributing false blame, and I really don't like the idea of being so angry at an author who helped make a show which I still consider a personal favorite.
If you don't want to be angry about it, then don't be. There's little reason to get so worked up about a comic book, doubly so when it hasn't been set in stone in the franchise's animated canon.
This space for rent
Bord

Yeah. If there comes an anime, then good. If not, it's still okay.

Going back on topic, its really interesting to see stuff that didn't appear on anime. Like deathscythe appearing a day earlier than wing gundam in Glory of the Defeated... etc.
Deacon Blues

Imperial wrote:
AmuroNT1 wrote: I don't like the idea of attributing false blame, and I really don't like the idea of being so angry at an author who helped make a show which I still consider a personal favorite.
If you don't want to be angry about it, then don't be. There's little reason to get so worked up about a comic book, doubly so when it hasn't been set in stone in the franchise's animated canon.
It's a novel.
shadow watcher

right now i'm just hoping like hell that operation mythos goes as according to plan as operation meteor did
J-Lead

shadow watcher wrote:right now i'm just hoping like hell that operation mythos goes as according to plan as operation meteor did
Like...as in not at all?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Amadi Akintunde

Heero won't kill Relena as long as he doesn't tell himself or anyone else that he will.
shadow watcher

J-Lead wrote:
shadow watcher wrote:right now i'm just hoping like hell that operation mythos goes as according to plan as operation meteor did
Like...as in not at all?
In a word: yes
Amadi Akintunde wrote:Heero won't kill Relena as long as he doesn't tell himself or anyone else that he will.
I really hope so but lets face it
If everyone else is this okay about killing her (including Quatre etc) than whoever messed up her brain must have done a really good job at it.
who knows what she's gonna look/act like now (besides a zechs clone) and what exactly she's done in the year she's been president of mars
Raiden

Spoiler tags mate just to help those who don't want to be spoiled.

But yea my thoughts on your post.
Spoiler
Chances are (given that the whole I'll Kill Relena troupe has been recycled for the umpteenth time) he won't kill her.
WEREsandrock

Uhm.. hiyo, folks.
There's something that really confuses me about the latest development concerning "GW: Frozen Teardrops"
To be honest, I don't know much about it - The first few informations have pretty much put me off so much, I just looked at the illustrations every now and then.
And now they come up with something like "Maganac mobile doll corps". This small term -"mobile doll" - nearly made me throw up.
What the hell led them to use mobile dolls?? those who customized their MS to a point of mere ridiculousness - who have fought MD's themselfs, are now said to make use of them???
Why? can anyone pls tell me what has led to.. this development?

I excuse for my bad english but I just don't know where else to ask. peace.
*Zaku!*
Gundam Enzyklopadist

Hello guys

I was not able to follow the new After Colony novel Frozen Teardrop so far, but this will now change.

But before i do my own researching i heard two "rumors" that Sumizawa (the author) cancelled one special novel about Treize and a general novel about the AC era - is this true?

Can you help me in finding a clarification?

Here on mechatalk, animesuki, or maybe in Gundam Ace?

Thanks for all help in advance!

-- Henning
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

...wut??
There's a merchandise thread for that, you know.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!