[Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: [Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mobile ... e_Defeated

o_o

Wow, did you guys know about this? It looks like they're trying hard to make Frozen Teardrop the official sequel.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Raiden

Glory of the defeated is pretty much a retelling of the TV show with the Ver Ka's. Nothing much is new really probably a few references to Ep Zero but thats about it.
LightningCount

Seraphic wrote:http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mobile ... e_Defeated

o_o

Wow, did you guys know about this? It looks like they're trying hard to make Frozen Teardrop the official sequel.
I did not hear about this before now. As Raiden noted, it retcons all the original designs for the EW Customs (I guess Wing Gundam itself will be based on the Katoki model kit, since there was no Wing Gundam in EW anime?) I'm not sure I'm crazy about that idea, as I like the original designs. I also hear now that there's some weird terminology changes, like Leo's being called Griefs in their early existence (and Zechs having a white one prior to Tallgeese). BUT, I am definitely interested in this. I always regretted that the Episode Zero stuff was left on the cutting room floor and seeing it more intimately integrated with the main story would be fun. The Frozen Teardrop stuff going forward is not particularly desirable; however, the backstory info in FT, like more of Heero's relation to Odin Lowe and also the familial underpinnings of members of the Romefeller Foundation should fit in without too much trouble (and round things out, as well). Ultimately, as far as anime is concerned, I think EW was a fine (if curtail call-ish) ending, but I would certainly like a more complete telling of Episode Zero as an OVA series or movie.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Raiden

The Gryph or Leo IV is a variant that resembles the Tallgeese, so they aren't retconning or changing the name, its just a new design (which imo they might as well just have made it a Tallgeese Mass production type since it just needs the mask/faceplate over the screen eye).
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... -data1.jpg
AmuroNT1

From what I've seen, Glory of the Defeated is just what Wing would be were it written with full knowledge of the spinoffs like Episode Zero and Endless Waltz. Heero does refer to Zechs' Leo as a Gryph, but it just seems to be a white Leo rather than the "Tallgeese Jr." depicted in Raiden's link.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
LightningCount

AmuroNT1 wrote:From what I've seen, Glory of the Defeated is just what Wing would be were it written with full knowledge of the spinoffs like Episode Zero and Endless Waltz. Heero does refer to Zechs' Leo as a Gryph, but it just seems to be a white Leo rather than the "Tallgeese Jr." depicted in Raiden's link.
I hope so. Because it looks like "Tallgeese Jr." in that link, which is just silly. It takes away from the idea of Zechs getting Tallgeese at all. But even so, I'd actually like to read this manga. I hope it comes overseas (fat chance, though). Maybe we could get some better explanation about Middie Une, and I hope there's no laziness of throwing in UC Gaw carriers for bombing runs like in the Episode Zero manga.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Amadi Akintunde

I've actually read the first chapter. It's not too bad. Although I prefer the original TV designs better, I'm glad they're actually taking the time to retell the Wing series completely. After Colony was in dire need of a full explanation regarding many of it's elements, and it looks like we're finally getting to see it all culminate after many long years.

S'probably too much to hope for animation, though.
Raiden

Actually given that Glory of the Defeated is a retelling of the show with the Ver Ka.'s, i have to wonder if Katoki will actually redesign Epyon this time around....
AmuroNT1

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. It's not like Katoki is making new designs just for this manga, they're just using the stuff he did for other projects.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Bord

Raiden wrote:Actually given that Glory of the Defeated is a retelling of the show with the Ver Ka.'s, i have to wonder if Katoki will actually redesign Epyon this time around....
My thoughts exactly. After all, we got the Grief. Somewhere along the way, we will come across the Epyon, but unless they will use the Okawara version (which I pray they wont) then this is as closest as we can be to a katoki epyon. Its there... lets hope that we will finally see what an EW Epyon looks like.
Raiden

AmuroNT1 wrote:I wouldn't hold my breath on that. It's not like Katoki is making new designs just for this manga, they're just using the stuff he did for other projects.
True but i noticed in those Re; Gundam Wing stuff in the magazines that he went into more detail with some designs like showing that his version of Heavyarms still retains an Army Knife before it gets upgraded in space (which was never shown when he first redesigned them).

But yeah, I'm not holding my breath out for it, but its just a thought. Plus it works to Bandai's advantage if they wanna milk this stuff :D
ned_2007

If FT doesn't contain any new mecha designs, I'll be wondering what their marketing department is doing.

It will be interesting on how the next versions of Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell will look like if there are any. The scythe of the "Warlock" already looks different than Deathscythe Hell's.

If Relena gets to pilot a new design of Epyon, I'll want it's MG kit.
Deacon Blues

Oh they contain new mecha... so far four of them have been "named".

Also, AmuroNT was that you that wrote the crackpot Gundam Wing FT opinion email to ANN last month? Try not to read TV Tropes next time for your information on the series... you're info is very skewed.
Mu La Flaga

Deacon Blues wrote:Oh they contain new mecha... so far four of them have been "named".

Also, AmuroNT was that you that wrote the crackpot Gundam Wing FT opinion email to ANN last month? Try not to read TV Tropes next time for your information on the series... you're info is very skewed.
In all fairness I know you and Amuro are having a go at each other lately.
But is there REALLY a need to supposedly call another member a crackpot?
I mean you could do all that post minus the small insult.

Personally I don't think too highly of Frozen Teaardrop itself really.
I would think a guy like you would treat other mechatalk users with a little respect.

Not to mention respect Amuro's critsisms and opinions, which in some cases I agree on.

That is all I'm going to say.
Deacon Blues

And evidence supporting this is... where? Sorry, but you cant say something is there when it isn't.
Please re-read that I said "crackpot opinion" and did not call the person that. Besides, there's nothing wrong with the term. Would harebrained be a better term?
Mu La Flaga

Deacon Blues wrote:
And evidence supporting this is... where? Sorry, but you cant say something is there when it isn't.
Please re-read that I said "crackpot opinion" and did not call the person that. Besides, there's nothing wrong with the term. Would harebrained be a better term?
Well you could just say that opinion is not quite correct and give something of a basis or an example as to why.

Also I got the impression from one of your earlier replies on page 2, so if it was intended to be sarcasm, using the smilies does help.

Since after all it's just text, so I apologize if I misunderstood what was meant to be said in those replies.
OrionsGambit

OH YEAH!!!

Another hack job by Sunrise. Glory be to our overmasters!!!
Deacon Blues

Except that it's by the series writer!
Wingnut

Deacon Blues wrote:Except that it's by the series writer!
That just brings more proof that they should have just left it alone.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.