The Gundam Avengers

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Craighg8

The Gundam Avengers

Here's a question for all of you. If you made an Avengers like team of Gundam heroes from all of the series, movies, side stories, manga, and novels, who would you put in that team, and what mobile suits/Gundams would you use in it?

I would put in Kira and the Strike Freedom, Setsuna and the 00 QAN(T), Kio and the AGE FX, Amuro and the Nu Gundam, Banagher and the Unicorn, and Seabook and the F91.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: The Gundam Avengers

Craighg8 wrote: I would put in Kira and the Strike Freedom, Setsuna and the 00 QAN(T), Kio and the AGE FX, Amuro and the Nu Gundam, Banagher and the Unicorn, and Seabook and the F91.
The problem with that scenario is that the sheer level of awesomeness and competency coming from Kira, Setsuna, Amuro, Banagher and Seabook would cause the AGE-FX to explode, taking Kio with it. :twisted:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dendrobium Stamen

To be honest, most of the post-ZZ "Gundam Team" formations we see are a team along the lines of The Avengers, if we're honest, if we take this on the basis of the tagline that goes with most incarnations of that team - in pretty much all cases, the group of pilots who come to operate a given series' Gundams are some variation on "Earth Sphere's Mightiest Heroes!", after all.

The Wing boys probably define this Gundam/Avenger concept, beginning the series with five of the After Colony era's most powerful MS, and ending it with 5/6 of the era's most powerful MS; analogous to the Marvel superheroes being a grouping of their world's greatest superheroes.As with The Avengers, they don't come together as a team easily, being essentially a misfit group of "lone wolf" types who circumstances force to work together. They do, of course, and the world becomes a better place for it.

Only one major exception comes to mind (barring Turn-A, which didn't have a team of Gundams), being Destiny: we never really get a full ensemble of heroic Gundam MS in that series - at best we get a couple of good Power Trios going, with Destiny/Legend/Impulse, or Freedom/Justice/Akatsuki, and the Druggie Trio v2.0 of Chaos/Abyss/Gaia, but I can't recall a real "team" of 4 or more coming together.

X spent a good while giving us the X/Airmaster/Leopard triumvirate, but after Zonda Epta we get a Fab Four Formation with Double X and X Divider playing the Thor and Captain America roles, Airmaster Burst as Iron Man, and Leopard Destroy as Hulk...

So, yes; while it's a fun idea as a cross-universe thing (which I'm sure various videogames do endlessly), Gundam has enough examples of epic teams without really needing to, I'd say :wink:
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
AmuroNT1

It's called "Super Robot Wars" and "SD Gundam G Generation". Try looking them up.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Arsarcana

Yeah, there are enough examples of this in most TV shows from ZZ onwards and trying to do a cross-universe team is just going to lead to what you did: Listing all the uber-suits from whatever shows catch your fancy.