Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Re: Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

Chris wrote:But it's an anime where they're playing a video game, so game logic still applies. And like any game, part of it depends on the player's ability. Even in G Builders, we see that on display in episode 3. Kenta in the Sazabi should've easily stomped Blue Destiny Unit 1, but he didn't.
Meh, I said I didn't want to argue my point, but to pop back in just to point out one thing and that's it;
The difference between the Sazabi and Blue Destiny is nothing at all like the difference between a mech and a mech using Trans-Am. ^^b The only way to balance that ala game style would be to either "nerf" Trans-Am or take it out entirely, both of which would undoubtedly attract the annoyance of whiner fans.
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Shinji, I think you're over-thinking this. It ultimately doesn't matter whether the 00 Raiser could beat First Gundam in a fight, it just would have been nice to see it, even for just five seconds.
I do get that point, and I would have liked to see it too, but I'm just pointing out a reason why they might not have.
kayone73

1-4-4 wrote: And if it's a 1:550 Zakurello, does that mean it's a 1:550 Dendrobium, too? But it can't be a 1:550 Dendrobium, because the GP03S that comes out of it is the same scale as the F2000...

So I guess that Zakurello was a 1:144 scratch-build. :)

I did think it was fun that they threw some old kits into the mix, though: like the Dodai that Guncannon was riding, or the Big Zam...
To answer your question about the Dendrobium, it was definitely the 1/144 scale kit because after the battle where it loses you see a scene with the gaming arena and kids entering/exiting cockpits, you see a kid unloading a HUGE Dendrobium kit out of an oversized Haro scanner found outside the game cockpits) I didn't notice this until the third or fourth time watching the ep. I guess this means the Zakarello was a scratchbuild
DuelGundam2099

These Gunpla models would be awesome in a Super Robot Wars title, anyone disagree? :lol:
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:These Gunpla models would be awesome in a Super Robot Wars title, anyone disagree? :lol:
I doubt they would get that level of treatment due to having no story of their own. A G-Generation secret unit however doesn't sound that far fetched at least to me.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
yazi88

Anyone notice in the beginning of episode 3 with a RX-77-2 Guncannon colored like the RX-78-6 Mudrock Gundam. Although later it showed a regular colored one leading two MP Guncannons.
Arbiter GUNDAM

yazi88 wrote:Anyone notice in the beginning of episode 3 with a RX-77-2 Guncannon colored like the RX-78-6 Mudrock Gundam. Although later it showed a regular colored one leading two MP Guncannons.
Huh. I thought that was just a custom-color job.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

So did I at first, but looking at it now, yaz is right. The Mudrock and the Guncannon do have the same color scheme.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

Wingnut wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:These Gunpla models would be awesome in a Super Robot Wars title, anyone disagree? :lol:
I doubt they would get that level of treatment due to having no story of their own. A G-Generation secret unit however doesn't sound that far fetched at least to me.
Unless they're going to release something similar to SR Gakuen again, which is unlikely.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amadi Akintunde

Wingnut wrote:So did I at first, but looking at it now, yaz is right. The Mudrock and the Guncannon do have the same color scheme.
That's actually pretty funny. Wonder why the sides of that "head visor" weren't colored gold though, to make the relation a bit more obvious.

Mudrock's my favorite OYW Gundam. c:
Arbiter GUNDAM

So are these new models or new shorts?

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

I think the fact that the images show a new Beginning Gundam variant make it pretty likely the answer is "both"
I mean, when has Bandai ever passed up the opportunity to repackage an existing kit with a runner's worth of new parts and sell it as a new kit?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Word is that "Gunpla Builders J" and D are both manga to be serialized next month.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Kuruni

Quite glad it's manga.

While I would love it if the series got expand, I'm aware that 3 short episodes is best to deliver the "Gunpla is fun" message. A full series will be most likely fill with crap like evil organization try to take over the world using gunpla.
quasadra

nope, because the "evil organization try to take over the world using gunpla" part have been covered by Danball Senki. complete with tons of Gundam reference. :P

i am curious that is these new manga a prequel? sequel? or we get a new cast altogether?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Arbiter GUNDAM

Maybe they'll actually throw in some AU stuff this time.

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

So...the we have gothloli heroine... :mrgreen:
Dark Duel

Meh...other than the lolworthy "Char red" paint job, not a big fan of Forever Gundam MkII - though am I the only one who thinks its shield looks a lot like that of the 7th Gundam with a rifle barrel sticking out the front?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

And the Forever gets even more bad@$$. :D

And GOTHLOLI!.....although it says she's 19 actually, so not so loli. ^^b

It's too bad this isn't going to be a new anime. :(