The Motive Behind Britainia's Invasion of Japan

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MindlessFire

The Motive Behind Britainia's Invasion of Japan

A lot us even till this day are puzzled behind Britainia's real agenda for invading Japan. At first they made it seem like they were doing it to secure the abundance of Sakuradites the country possess. Then they introduce the Geass and the R2, Charles unveil his plan of securing all the Geass sites to form the Sword of Akashia to ultimately "Kill the Gods" and remove all lies or whatever from existence.

Was it true that the whole reason that Charles wanted to invade Japan was to secure the Geass sites while using the excuse the of the Sakuradites as a justification?
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: The Motive Behind Britainia's Invasion of Japan

at the end of the show there where a ton of things left unanswered so we will never know

like wth is with Jupiter showing up and stuff like that
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Dark Duel

Invading Japan had two goals:
A. Securing Japan's enormous supply of Sakuradite exclusively for Britannia's use, giving it a tremendous political and military advantage over the EU and Chinese Federation
B. Securing the Kamine Island Thought Elevator, which was to be used in Charles's goofy plan to kill God. This was probably the primary reason.

It's really quite straightforward.
wth is with Jupiter showing up and stuff like that
That's even easier: As anyone with even the most rudimentary knowledge of pre-Christian Western theology could tell you, Jupiter was the name of the Roman King of the Gods, known to the Greeks as Zeus.

In other words, Jupiter the planet is used as a metaphor for God.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Imperial

It seems the Emperor's chief (perhaps only) goal in taking Japan was securing the Thought Elevator.

That Japan happened to hold huge reserves of Sakuradite (despite being an ore-poor nation...) was likely a happy coincidence. It made it easy to justify expansion on those grounds, not to mention that some of the supplemental materials suggest Japan had been playing Britannia and China off of each other.

What Britannian wouldn't agree with Charles when he put his silver tongue to use, painting Japan as a scheming nation sitting on the mother load of Knightmare fuel?
This space for rent
skyknight

You know, I never quite figure out as well, as the invasion of Japan put the lives of Lulu and Nanually in danger as well. I never bought it when Charles said that Lulu was his favorite son in R2, and the Thought Elevator was never clearly explained.

I think this is very similar to the Flying Whale in Gundam SEED, which lost its explanation as the series dragged on.
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
Dean_the_Young

But death is meaningless in the world of C, remember. It's how he was able to talk to Clovis, and in no small part how Marianna's geass allowed her to live on. It seems logical to assume that once the 'gods' were killed and the individuality barriers were breached, the collective human consciousness whatever would also reconnect with the dead. That was pretty much promised to Suzaku in respect to Euphy.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy