Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

http://aug.2chan.net/zip/2/src/1379164912065.jpg Soooo, about that...
Spoiler
I'm assuming this is Charles dicking around by implanting a false ID onto Lelouch so Britannia can use his advanced strategy powers, though being Sunrise/Geass, I half expect 'Nope, just a guy who looks just like Lelouch and has an eyepatch on the key eye'.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
balofo

Code Geass Akito the Exiled Chapter 2 - 7 minute PV Good quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztqnhQ7HUkg
AmuroNT1

HellCat wrote:http://aug.2chan.net/zip/2/src/1379164912065.jpg Soooo, about that...
Spoiler
I'm assuming this is Charles dicking around by implanting a false ID onto Lelouch so Britannia can use his advanced strategy powers, though being Sunrise/Geass, I half expect 'Nope, just a guy who looks just like Lelouch and has an eyepatch on the key eye'.
That first idea...doesn't make a damn bit of sense. No offense.

The thing is, it completely contradicts what we were shown in the original Geass anime; besides 1) it would probably require Charles to Geass Lelouch more than once, and we aren't even sure he can do that, and 2) he already has a perfectly capable military strategist son, one who's (at the moment at least) loyal to him. What would be the point of making a brainwashed Lelouch do it? He wouldn't even remember it, due to the memory-wipe, so it's not like there's any "rubbing his face in his failure" element to it.

Yes, he looks just like Lelouch, with an eyepatch covering his Geass eye, and he's voiced by Jun Fukuyama. But let's be honest here, stranger things have happened in this series than a pair of identical strangers.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
wielder

That is definitely...unexpected. Not the end of the world, but unexpected.

I'm in the "wait and see" camp as far as whether this is a good idea or not, since execution is everything and surely we won't know the official explanation until episodes 3 or 4, but in the meanwhile...I think there are a couple of possible answers to the questions raised by AmuroNT1 above.

1) We don't know about the specific limits of the Geass abilities used by Charles, especially since his power is distinctly different from Lelouch's, but the existence of several other multi-use Geass abilities means we don't have any solid way to rule it out either. Which also allows Sunrise planners and the creators of Akito the Exiled to potentially make a decision in whatever direction suits their purposes. You can blame the lack of sufficient explanations for most of these infamous magic eyes. That much would add new information to the equation but it wouldn't break anything.

2) Based on previous comments made by director Kazuki Akane, specifically in a two-part interview on the official website, I think this might turn out to be more about Suzaku than about Lelouch. Maybe it's a way for Charles to further test his loyalty? In that sense, the one being mocked would be Suzaku, not Lelouch. To quote said interview:
-The appearance of C.C. and Suzaku has been announced for Chapter 2.

I'm interested in the character of Suzaku in [Lelouch of the Rebellion]. Though he’s the son of the Japanese Prime minister, he became a soldier of the Holy Britannian Empire which conquered his homeland. He always has to face that contradiction, and furthermore learns that his best friend Lelouch is Zero. I think that that pain is on a level that others can’t understand at all. That's why I will make the anguish-filled Suzaku…Ah, if I say anymore, I’ll be giving away spoilers. (Laugh)
Translation by Eternal_Dreamer. The Japanese source is available here (please click on the second part):
http://www.geass.jp/akito/interview.html

There's also the possibility that the underlying goal of the visit is secret (in other words, not just "helping Euro Britannia defeat the E.U." or something similar) and not the kind of affair that Charles wants someone like Schneizel to be too involved with, even if he doesn't mind letting him get all the military or political glory later.

However, I won't dismiss that it could turn out to be another person entirely. After all, this is Sunrise. But just as well, compared to some of the crazier things that R2 pulled off...the other alternative doesn't seem impossible either.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
HellCat

AmuroNT1 wrote:
HellCat wrote:http://aug.2chan.net/zip/2/src/1379164912065.jpg Soooo, about that...
Spoiler
That first idea...doesn't make a damn bit of sense. No offense.

The thing is, it completely contradicts what we were shown in the original Geass anime; besides 1) it would probably require Charles to Geass Lelouch more than once, and we aren't even sure he can do that, and 2) he already has a perfectly capable military strategist son, one who's (at the moment at least) loyal to him. What would be the point of making a brainwashed Lelouch do it? He wouldn't even remember it, due to the memory-wipe, so it's not like there's any "rubbing his face in his failure" element to it.

Yes, he looks just like Lelouch, with an eyepatch covering his Geass eye, and he's voiced by Jun Fukuyama. But let's be honest here, stranger things have happened in this series than a pair of identical strangers.
Hey, makes as much sense as Charles spending season one actively encouraging his children to lie and backstab one another and then suddenly in season 2 claiming he has always loathed that part of being part of the royal family.

Lelouch has an established history as a tactical genius, especially against superpowers which by all rights should be impossible to hurt. Would it really be so far fetched that someone (Charles, one of the Cult, etc) saw a use for that on the EU front? You use Geass to implant a false personality but retain all that glorious planning and plotting. Would even explain why Suzaku is the 'bodyguard', in reality being a handler who'd be the best person to notice if Lelouch had somehow pulled a fast one. Though as wielder says the thing could just as much be a test aimed at Suzaku.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
zero_the_masked_knight

- when they had their next encounter, Lelouch was afraid of looking into Charles's eye, since he might be able to use it again. His fear might be grounded, or it might not.
He could probably Geass Lelouch to have the Julius Kingsley memories, then when casting his Geass, make it so that the memories "decay" at a certain point and he gets his Lelouch Lamperouge memories back.

And, in the original show, doesn't Lelouch think that Marriane's death happened on the stairs, in public? As supposed to how it really went down wherein Marianne and VV were having their thing inside the palace? Maybe Charles's Geass can be used twice, and Lelouch remembering seeing Marianne shot on the steps might've been the first time.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
Chris
Administrator

Rather than Charles' power being more advanced than we expected, I would think that it's easier for him to implant a false personality in Lelouch, then have Jeremiah Geass cancel him and then re-Geass him with his fake Rolo memories.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
AmuroNT1

zero_the_masked_knight wrote:- when they had their next encounter, Lelouch was afraid of looking into Charles's eye, since he might be able to use it again. His fear might be grounded, or it might not.
He could probably Geass Lelouch to have the Julius Kingsley memories, then when casting his Geass, make it so that the memories "decay" at a certain point and he gets his Lelouch Lamperouge memories back.

And, in the original show, doesn't Lelouch think that Marriane's death happened on the stairs, in public? As supposed to how it really went down wherein Marianne and VV were having their thing inside the palace? Maybe Charles's Geass can be used twice, and Lelouch remembering seeing Marianne shot on the steps might've been the first time.
Yeah, Lelouch was very careful not to make eye contact with his father, but's more in line with his personality of trying to anticipate every possibility rather than an implicit indication that Charles' Geass can affect someone more than once.

Lelouch always knew where the assassination took place, because he SAW his mother's corpse on the stairs, clutching Nunnally. He never said anything about it being public, what he found suspect was that someone managed to assassinate a member of the Imperial family within their own home - and he has a good point, you'd think somewhere like the Imperial Palace would have the tightest security on the planet.

And I admit I forgot about Jeremiah, but with him, the Geass Canceller didn't show up until R2, after he'd been repaired and upgraded. He didn't seem to have it at all in the first season when he showed up in "brain damaged revenge mode".

Honestly, I think people need to cool the conspiracy theories about Kingsley being Lelouch and just wait for the next episode. Maybe it's him, but at the moment all we're getting are ideas that require about as much mental flexibility as "aliens assassinated JFK". So until we get a reasonable explanation, I'm sticking with the idea that Kingsley is just a Britannian who looks and sounds like Lelouch, maybe because they have common ancestry.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

latenlazy

This is Clamp. I really don't think any conspiracy theory is out of order.
wielder

AmuroNT1 wrote: And I admit I forgot about Jeremiah, but with him, the Geass Canceller didn't show up until R2, after he'd been repaired and upgraded. He didn't seem to have it at all in the first season when he showed up in "brain damaged revenge mode".

Honestly, I think people need to cool the conspiracy theories about Kingsley being Lelouch and just wait for the next episode. Maybe it's him, but at the moment all we're getting are ideas that require about as much mental flexibility as "aliens assassinated JFK". So until we get a reasonable explanation, I'm sticking with the idea that Kingsley is just a Britannian who looks and sounds like Lelouch, maybe because they have common ancestry.
I think it's not so much about Jeremiah himself and his personal Geass Canceller, but about the fact that V.V. and the Cult could even create such a device in the first place. In other words, the technology to cancel Geass may have existed. Beyond that, I wouldn't speculate too much about what specific process was or wasn't used. Like you said, though from another point of view since I don't think the idea is as hard to believe myself, we'll know the truth in due time.

And well...if JFK had a pair of magic eyes and images of the planet Jupiter showed up every so often in the background, aliens could well have killed him! :shock:
AmuroNT1

latenlazy wrote:This is Clamp. I really don't think any conspiracy theory is out of order.
CLAMP had nothing to do with Geass other than designing the characters. They didn't have any say in the plot.

EDIT: Also, if the technology to cancel Geass existed before that point in time, you'd think Britannia would have used it earlier to discredit Zero.

wielder

AmuroNT1 wrote: EDIT: Also, if the technology to cancel Geass existed before that point in time, you'd think Britannia would have used it earlier to discredit Zero.
We are talking about technology from a secret research facility that moonlights as an underground religious cult based outside of Britannia. Which we still know comparatively little about even after the end of the series.

All the Geass Cult stuff was kept so secret that you had several guys like Schneizel and Clovis doing their own redundant investigation into things the Emperor and V.V. already knew (the ruins, C.C., Geass itself, etc).
LightningCount

Just speaking on the mecha action, what do you think? The choreography in the preview is excellent. The video quality is so-so on ANN, but where do you think the CG mecha fit in terms of blending in and/or looking right? What level are we talking about-->Rebuild of EVA, GitS, Fafner: Heaven and Earth, Zoids? Just curious to hear some opinions. Sometimes it reminds me of a PS3 video game, and sometimes GitS, but I'm not sure one way or the other yet.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
balofo

Relevant info:

-Michele Manfredi(killed by Shin during OVA 1) was previously chosen as Knight of Two, but chose to give up the position and go to Euro Britannia.
-The Vercingetorix was originally named Sagramore, another legendary KOR, making it a KOR custom KMF prototype and therefore very powerful. Name was changed by Shin.
-Each leader of the 4 Holy Knight Orders have pilot skills comparable to a KOR.
wielder

LightningCount wrote:Just speaking on the mecha action, what do you think? The choreography in the preview is excellent. The video quality is so-so on ANN, but where do you think the CG mecha fit in terms of blending in and/or looking right? What level are we talking about-->Rebuild of EVA, GitS, Fafner: Heaven and Earth, Zoids? Just curious to hear some opinions. Sometimes it reminds me of a PS3 video game, and sometimes GitS, but I'm not sure one way or the other yet.
I agree with you about the choreography. I think it makes the more acrobatic aspects of the Knightmare Frames come across in an impressive manner, which should be a delight to see whenever the Lancelot finally shows up, but also benefits the rollerskating when the action is properly staged, like in the case of the Britannian Gloucesters which ambushed the Alexander squad in the preview video.

I think the 3D graphics are actually very good. I'd say the quality is comparable to that of the currently airing Majestic Prince series, which is also great, at least when we have access to the best possible video source. See below for a quick comparison based on the first episode.

From a low quality video:
http://i.imgur.com/8fVA6QZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zwdkB6A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AxtcyFU.jpg

From the official Blu-ray release:
http://i.imgur.com/jdJGyYD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tTYlWRy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DhwyIXm.jpg
LightningCount

Oh, those high-resolution shots make a big difference Wielder. I still would like to see that resolution in motion, though. But that does look pretty impressive.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Overlord Zaru

So the episode came out just recently correcT? Got any ETA for subs?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
AmuroNT1

It's out in Japanese theaters. I think the DVD release is still a ways off.

balofo

lots of spoilers:Julius, Brain Raid face open, Vercingetorix, etc

PV 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5y_cMfg ... e=youtu.be
Zero Revenge

Thank you, Bal. That made my day.