Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

It's up on PSN Store!

Here's the new Lancelot design

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2623/j5pq.jpg
soulfire916

Is it available in USA's PSN for downloading?
It's a spartaaan!

Xbox LIVE: HG Soul Fire
PSN ID: SoulFire916
Steam ID: id/SoulFire916/
NNID (WiiU): SoulFire916
HellCat

Several months later then planned but for anyone interested my R2 review is now public- http://www.toonzone.net/2013/11/review- ... ided-zero/

I generally stick by what it says but just a polite note this was written back in the summer. Delays which pretty come down to me have seen it take this long.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
wielder

Thanks, Hellcat. I'd say that's a fairly comprehensive and generally accurate review of Code Geass R2.

My own thoughts would be a bit different in a couple of places, as stated before, such as how I still think the vast majority of the final episode is too good to let one or two small scenes bother me.

For the record, I believe it should be pointed out that the U.S. release did include the audio commentaries, which still ranged from a mix of actually interesting information to purely entertaining banter, but it's true that Bandai didn't add the picture dramas or any of the other Japanese extras. I wonder if Funimation will be able to at least slightly address this for their own re-release or if they'll follow the UK version in not having a lot of extras, but I won't get my hopes up.
soulfire916 wrote:Is it available in USA's PSN for downloading?
Unfortunately, no. Only on the Japanese PSN.

The physical disc release will come by Christmas and will have official English subtitles.

I should add that it's already possible to watch Akito 2 right now, but without a translation and under less-than-optimal technical conditions. Based on whatever I could tell...as expected, the episode had an excellent battle sequence and I think it also started to introduce a few interesting complications on the character and story fronts, including but not limited to the whole Julius affair that's already been mentioned.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
wielder

Finally, an English translated version of Akito the Exiled episode 2 is now available.

It definitely helped me understand a few things better, which is always good.

Apparently they also slightly tweaked some of the 3D scenes for the home release too.
Spoiler
Akito is truly one messed up guy, but his brother's also got issues. I wonder what's really the big deal between them.

It's a shame Leila's good intentions didn't quite work out on the battlefield.

Klaus Warwick was a pretty entertaining character too, as expected of someone voiced by Keiji Fujiwara, although at this point I'd also expect him to be exposed and die by the end.

C.C. didn't show up, but then again I guess that's tied to Leila's past and they'll deal with this next time.

It turns out Akito was geassed to "DIE" as opposed to Suzaku being geassed to "LIVE" so the underlying effect is actually the exact opposite, but I suppose he's exploiting it like Suzaku later did.

Shin, Akito's brother, seems to only have the ability to give death-related commands, rather than the more flexible Power of the King which Lelouch was given.

Turns out that Yukiya fellow doesn't care about Japan at all, so the "nationalist" angle is being downplayed a little on that front. Not to mention the Britannians were rather prejudiced against the whole Wyvern squad and its Knightmares simply because of their European origin, without knowing they were actually piloted by Japanese.
Last edited by wielder on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balofo

10/10 OVA

Wonder how they gonna finish up with just 2 more OVAs...
AmuroNT1

You know how in that last episode of Gundamn, I said we'd see episode 3 by the time the sun turned into a lump of coal the size of my fist?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... her-notice

THAT WASN'T A CHALLENGE, SUNRISE! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
wielder

And there it is. I was working under the assumption it would take them roughly another year, give or take a couple of months, to release Akito 3 and that the Spring 2014 bit at the end of the preview was just there for formal contractual reasons and/or due to wishful thinking on their part.

That's why I don't mind too much, but hopefully they do show us at least another PV soon enough.

While I guess asking for a significant extension like Unicorn's would be unrealistic, I wish they'll end up increasing the running time a little for the last two parts.
teslashark

Long live the Emperor Charles!
Enough said for the delay.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
wielder

The ANN article didn't make this too clear, but it looks like they're working on Akito 3 and 4 at the same time.

Here's a translation of the official announcement:
To all our fans

Thank you for your continued support of Akito the Exiled. We’re truly grateful.

There may be people who will say, “This again?”, and it is with a heavy heart that we must inform you that the planned spring release for Chapter 3 “The Brightness Falls” has been postponed.

Presently, the supervising staff are working diligently on making Chapter 3 more interesting, and are working on the final Chapter as well so it will not be delayed. We want you to be able to watch Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 without waiting in between.

Please wait for an official announcement for the screening date shortly.

We apologize to those who are waiting for the screening for being unable to meet your expectations, but we do ask you for your understanding.

Yoshitaka Kawaguchi, Akito the Exiled Producer
The original message in Japanese:
http://www.geass.jp/akito/img/3sho.jpg