Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:15 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 5915
Location: California
JustInTime wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
you need to meet more old people, man

although either way i guess it's irrelevant since we're talking about ageless bio-android-ish things that apparently spend the better parts of their lives asleep inside capsules in a cartoon...


Oh gosh what a jerk. Are you serously going to pull the cartoon card? I am new here but I thought the point was to talk about cartoons and have fun. If you don't want to have a conversation about a "cartoon" then why come?


and the point goes saaaaaaaailing over your head

spreading its wings, flying away, so free, so proud...go, my point! fly! fly! daddy is so proud.

if all you want to do is bitch at me, you can do that over PM, but suffice it to say that picking fights with people is not a good way to start your Mecha Talk career.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:27 pm
Posts: 6
ShadowCell wrote:
JustInTime wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
you need to meet more old people, man

although either way i guess it's irrelevant since we're talking about ageless bio-android-ish things that apparently spend the better parts of their lives asleep inside capsules in a cartoon...


Oh gosh what a jerk. Are you serously going to pull the cartoon card? I am new here but I thought the point was to talk about cartoons and have fun. If you don't want to have a conversation about a "cartoon" then why come?


and the point goes saaaaaaaailing over your head

spreading its wings, flying away, so free, so proud...go, my point! fly! fly! daddy is so proud.

if all you want to do is bitch at me, you can do that over PM, but suffice it to say that picking fights with people is not a good way to start your Mecha Talk career.


Judging from your signiture you are just a troll who just loves to be mean to people and can't do it in the real world. So I guess I should have just ignored you to begin with. I just thought you where shooting down that kid who wanted to talk about a show for no reason. Sorry for those who want to talk about gundam 00 continue with your conversation.

_________________
"Our spirits are aflame. Can we see the fire, there is nothing that we cannot defeat. And now this hand of mine is burning red. Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!"
Domon Kasshu


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:36 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Posts: 886
Location: Augusta, GA
SonicSP wrote:
As for the Innovades:

-They don't grow old, they have nanomachines that prevent them from aging.
-They're not mechanicals robots, they're purely biological.
-I guess you can say that they are manufactured or made. There's tens of thousands of them and many share the same DNA template. IE Ribbons Almark and Sky Eclipse share the same template and thus look exactly the same.

They're kinda like "biological robots" I guess. Like robots, except that they're biologically based rather than mechanically based.


Thanks for clearing that up. :D

_________________
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 5915
Location: California
oh my god this is hilarious i think i have a new sig

anyways no i was not shooting him down (and evidently he has not taken it that way) but i am shooting you down and if you keep this up i will just start deleting posts until you stop because you see i can do that

so like i said, if you really feel the need to continue this, you can do that over PM. in fact, i encourage it! between the ponies and your picking a fight with me here my productivity has gone straight to hell anyways.

and let that be the end of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:44 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 990
Location: United States
NastyNate wrote:
If they don't age then do we know the age of Tieria and Ribbons? If they are supposed to be hundereds of years old then they sure are not wise at all. Most act the way they look, like teenagers.


They don't age but I'm pretty sure the Innovades we see in the anime are not hundreds of years old; at least not those two anyways. Having said that, we probably can't compare their age to the way their act as direct copies to normal humans though, since they have a very different way of waiting knowledge, being born from it at the start. Also alot of terminal Innovades live like normal human beings not being aware of what they are with their implanted memories. It's probable that Veda

There was this one short novel that says that Tieria wasn't yet activated during the 0 Gundam scene we see at the start of the anime, based on Ribbons' conversation in said novel after completing said intervention; so he should be less than ten activation years during S1. Ribbons was created specifically to be one of the Gundam Meisters, so I personally speculate he was probably created around the same time the 0 Gundam was under development roughly 15-20 years prior to S1. He has decent knowledge of the Plan too with plenty of time to think through he consequences to him (he is aware that the Plan calls for the Meisters to die/defeated, he eventually quit because of this) and the "combat Innovade" contradiction that was mentioned somewhere once to be part of his downfall.

Lars from 00I was over a hundred though, given that he watched the Europa's launch on television and the experiences he had to go through.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Posts: 886
Location: Augusta, GA
I just caught up to season 2 on my rewatch and I did not notice before that, yeah tieria has not aged and setsuna does mention he looks the same after tieria mentions how much older setsunna looks.

I wonder who created ribbons and setsuna because no one in celestial being in the anime seemed to know what an invade was until late in season 2. I guess ribons made most of the ones in season 2 as well.

_________________
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:20 am
Posts: 30
SonicSP wrote:
There was this one short novel that says that Tieria wasn't yet activated during the 0 Gundam scene we see at the start of the anime, based on Ribbons' conversation in said novel after completing said intervention; so he should be less than ten activation years during S1.


It is implied in 00P, I think, that Tieria was activated during 2302 AD.

NastyNate wrote:
I wonder who created ribbons and setsuna because no one in celestial being in the anime seemed to know what an invade was until late in season 2. I guess ribons made most of the ones in season 2 as well.


Innovades' existence is kept secret to most in the organization. Only few knew of them. They are not even allowed to reveal it to anyone (00P).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 990
Location: United States
NastyNate wrote:
I just caught up to season 2 on my rewatch and I did not notice before that, yeah tieria has not aged and setsuna does mention he looks the same after tieria mentions how much older setsunna looks.

I wonder who created ribbons and setsuna because no one in celestial being in the anime seemed to know what an invade was until late in season 2. I guess ribons made most of the ones in season 2 as well.


I think you just mistyped, but Setsuna is just a regular human being and not a created Innovade like Ribbons is. I think Ribbons did make the Innovades that were on his team as you said.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Posts: 886
Location: Augusta, GA
SonicSP wrote:
NastyNate wrote:
I just caught up to season 2 on my rewatch and I did not notice before that, yeah tieria has not aged and setsuna does mention he looks the same after tieria mentions how much older setsunna looks.

I wonder who created ribbons and setsuna because no one in celestial being in the anime seemed to know what an invade was until late in season 2. I guess ribons made most of the ones in season 2 as well.


I think you just mistyped, but Setsuna is just a regular human being and not a created Innovade like Ribbons is. I think Ribbons did make the Innovades that were on his team as you said.


Yeah I meant to say tieria not Setsuna.

_________________
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm 
Online
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1363
Innovades are basically micromanaged by Veda, since they serve as its eyes, ears and physical pressence. Veda can connect to practically any network but sometimes it needs to have actual spies or pawns it can use in the physical world. You'll get alot of info hacking databases and such but even more if you have like 50 guys in an organization who are unknowingly feeding back everything they see and hear to a computer that is planning the interventions and the next step for the plans.

Additionally, the majority of DNA for the Innovades is sourced from those who helped Aeolia before he froze himself. No Aeolia Innovade seemingly because he intended to see the new world with his own eyes.

_________________
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 990
Location: United States
HellCat wrote:
Additionally, the majority of DNA for the Innovades is sourced from those who helped Aeolia before he froze himself. No Aeolia Innovade seemingly because he intended to see the new world with his own eyes.


SpeakIng of which, do you remember the source for this? I know this was mentioned for Ribbons-lookalike guy in the movie Epilogue, but can't remember where they mentioned it for everyone else.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 pm 
Online
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1363
SonicSP wrote:
HellCat wrote:
Additionally, the majority of DNA for the Innovades is sourced from those who helped Aeolia before he froze himself. No Aeolia Innovade seemingly because he intended to see the new world with his own eyes.


SpeakIng of which, do you remember the source for this? I know this was mentioned for Ribbons-lookalike guy in the movie Epilogue, but can't remember where they mentioned it for everyone else.


It's probably covered in a guide book but for the show itself we get a brief look at them during one of Kinue's scenes. She's researching scientists who went missing working for Aeolia we see a group of them clearly implied to be the source for the major Innovades.

Of note, Tieria/Regene were cloned from a woman.

_________________
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Posts: 886
Location: Augusta, GA
Very interesting.

_________________
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 990
Location: United States
HellCat wrote:
Of note, Tieria/Regene were cloned from a woman.


Are you referring from the picture of one of the scientists kidnapped shown in S1?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:17 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Posts: 886
Location: Augusta, GA
Wouldn't it have made sense for saji to still stay in contact with louise by calling her throughout college and let her know when to meet him in space?

_________________
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:44 pm 
Offline
Oblivious Harem Loser
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:57 pm
Posts: 3932
Location: side 3; watchin' out for Zabis
He Tried to but eventually she stopped returning his emails and calls as I believe some narration either at the end of S1 or the beginning of S2 pointed out. By then I expect Saji doesn't know where Louise might be to go and find her if he wanted.

_________________
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Posts: 886
Location: Augusta, GA
Sume Gai wrote:
He Tried to but eventually she stopped returning his emails and calls as I believe some narration either at the end of S1 or the beginning of S2 pointed out. By then I expect Saji doesn't know where Louise might be to go and find her if he wanted.


Ah I see. I think he should have moved on at that point. Every girl in the anime world especially gundam 00 are pretty and most are nice.

_________________
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:10 pm 
Offline
Oblivious Harem Loser
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:57 pm
Posts: 3932
Location: side 3; watchin' out for Zabis
Saji's rather whipped like that...

_________________
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:33 pm 
Online
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1363
I believe him saying it's been a while occurs in the season 1 epilogue and Louise revealing she intentionally stopped replying occurs when he uses Trans-Am Raiser to try and convince her to leave A-Laws.

As for why he didn't move on- in addition to Saji being a bit useless with romance (Louise was the one who started things), he clearly still thought they were in a relationship. Plus you have to remember that Louise was the only person he had left. His parents were dead and Kinue was stabbed by Ali, whilst Saji believed her death was caused by the same group that slaughtered Louise's family (which is wrong and right all at once). It's very much a case of kindred spirits.

_________________
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:41 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 990
Location: United States
I guess Saji believes in "The One" kinda thing and Louise may have been that to him, or at least realized it at some point. Either that, or no other girl enamored him enough since then.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], HellCat and 8 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: