The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Dub Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Dub Thread

LightningCount wrote:Dubbing question: Shouldn't A-Laws be "A"-Laws and not "Ah"-Laws? Is this a case of the dubbers taking the "engrish" too seriously? Sometimes it sounds like "outlaws" this way, no offense.
"At the Head of the point of all Laws" maybe? It makes sense, seeing where the "Ah" sound would come from.
M.U.N.

Wait, they're always going to cut off the ending scenes? That'd probably confuse up a lot of stuff wouldn't it?

I loved Red Haro's dub voice, actually. Major improvement from Orange Haro's robotic un-cute voice, I hope they made the same change to Orange Haro.
Btw, didn't Lasse or someone say something about trans-am causing an explosion before Setsuna did it? I didn't notice it in the dub but didn't see any place that took it out.
Wingnut

M.U.N. wrote:Btw, didn't Lasse or someone say something about trans-am causing an explosion before Setsuna did it? I didn't notice it in the dub but didn't see any place that took it out.
He did, to Tieria when they were talking about the Exia and 0 Gundam's drives being the most compatable. It was cut out of the broadcast version last night.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
joelfinkle

Grr... didn't realize Syfy was pushing S2 already, I was lucky that the DVR happened to be on that channel when I stopped watching something I'd recorded and hit the "Record" button -- but I'd missed the premiere.

I tried watching a streaming sub online, and didn't realize there was an end scene there either -- "How Rude!"

Still don't know why the Exia had a cloak -- not like it's useful in space.
Need to watch ep. 2 now.
Red Comet90

joelfinkle wrote:Still don't know why the Exia had a cloak -- not like it's useful in space.
Maybe it has some kind of beam diffusing effect like the Crossbone's cape. :lol:

I have to agree its pretty useless. It just looked cool, but at the same time I was thinking why would a gigantic robot in war have a cape? Its like a rank and file soldier going into battle with a cape on.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
ZeroBusterXX

I think the cloak was there to hide or distract from the fact that that whole side of the Exia was pretty jacked up.
SNT1

Its missing its left arm. Exposed effed up arm = looks weak, cape = looks more badass/intimidating than it actually is
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
gundam_0088

does anyone know where u can watch these 2 eps online cause i missed it when it aired on tv
Rawinder

gundam_0088 wrote:does anyone know where u can watch these 2 eps online cause i missed it when it aired on tv
I don't know if SciFi allows you to stream TV shows online. Bandai will likely upload season 2 on their youtube channel, like they did with season 1, but not until after the entire season has finished airing.
Dark Duel

They apparently do some shows, but Gundam 00's not one of them from what I've found.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
M.U.N.

Red Comet90 wrote:
joelfinkle wrote:Still don't know why the Exia had a cloak -- not like it's useful in space.
Maybe it has some kind of beam diffusing effect like the Crossbone's cape. :lol:

I have to agree its pretty useless. It just looked cool, but at the same time I was thinking why would a gigantic robot in war have a cape? Its like a rank and file soldier going into battle with a cape on.
Robots with capes? *coughcodegeasscough*

Also, I think it has some sort of ability to work as a shield cuz it looked like it got hit by a beam weapon of some kinds
Dark Duel

Actually, while I understand your comparison, the rank-and-files in Code Geass did NOT go into combat with capes. Only a half-dozen or so people at the most are shown with their machines wearing capes.
And anyway...
MAHQ.net wrote:Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Format: 6 volume manga (1994-1997)
MAHQ.net: XM-X1(F97) Crossbone Gundam wrote:Optional equipment: anti-beam coating cloak, mounts on main body
The Crossbone Gundams seem a likelier source for the Exia RE's "cape" - most especially if it did indeed take a shot from a beam weapon (I personally can't remember)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Sleepneeded127

Dark Duel wrote: The Crossbone Gundams seem a likelier source for the Exia RE's "cape" - most especially if it did indeed take a shot from a beam weapon (I personally can't remember)
it doesn't look like the cloak gets hit by the beam instead the beam hits the shoulder just before it. then the whole thing burns away when the beam saber hits it. the cloak is most likely there to cover up the missing arm hided just how damaged Eixa still is.
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
Red Comet90

Sleepneeded127 wrote:
Dark Duel wrote: The Crossbone Gundams seem a likelier source for the Exia RE's "cape" - most especially if it did indeed take a shot from a beam weapon (I personally can't remember)
it doesn't look like the cloak gets hit by the beam instead the beam hits the shoulder just before it. then the whole thing burns away when the beam saber hits it. the cloak is most likely there to cover up the missing arm hided just how damaged Eixa still is.
Honestly I think thats the only purpose for the cloak. Its only to hide the damage and maybe have some kind of intimidation since a red eyed Gundam with a cape is pretty scary looking at first although it turned out pretty useless since the A-Laws pilot charged him anyways.

Does the military use tarps of similar size to cover damage on maybe say a tank? Thinking about it I really can't think of a reason why he would put a cape on it.

This begs another question why does the Exia have a red eye rather than a green eye? It doesn't make sense if the eyes flash green not red.

-- Haman Karn
pd771

Red Comet90 wrote:This begs another question why does the Exia have a red eye rather than a green eye? It doesn't make sense if the eyes flash green not red. [/color]
I remember reading somewhere that the camera was actually a Tieren camera he found and attached, due to previous damage.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
J-Lead

I always thought the cloak was sort of a ghetto-rigged makeshift method of keeping floating debris from damaging the exposed shoulder joint. :|
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Red Comet90

pd771 wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:This begs another question why does the Exia have a red eye rather than a green eye? It doesn't make sense if the eyes flash green not red. [/color]
I remember reading somewhere that the camera was actually a Tieren camera he found and attached, due to previous damage.
Thats a pretty good explanation. It even makes sense since the eye looks like a mono eye from a Tieren.
J-Lead wrote:I always thought the cloak was sort of a ghetto-rigged makeshift method of keeping floating debris from damaging the exposed shoulder joint. :|
But wouldn't they still somehow get in since it isn't fully covered? Even small little particles and junk could get caught up in there and somehow make it past the cape. It would have been more believable had the exposed joints been covered with metal plates than a cape.

-- Haman Karn
ZeroBusterXX

After looking at pics of the MG Exia Ignition Mode's Exia Repair form, the camera sticks too far out to be the original in any case, so knowing how scarce a spare eye for a Gundam would be to acquire for Setsuna at the time, it probably is just a Tieren eye he found somewhere. I guess Setsuna is the MacGuyver of 00!
gundam_0088

sorry i didn't
Last edited by gundam_0088 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroBusterXX

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you didn't read the rules. No bootlegs on this forum dude.

EDIT: Removed link, thanks for the heads up, Wingnut.
Last edited by ZeroBusterXX on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.