Haruhi Suzumiya Gag animes

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Haruhi Suzumiya Gag animes

So as I'm sure people are aware of, while we don't have a season 2 yet, we do have short web animes that are based off gag mangas. Kadokawa has been kind enough to post official streams with english subs.

First up there's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7_80zTM3Dg

I've read the first volume of this. Pretty funny stuff, like Yuki getting into h-games, or Ryouko backing herself up as a chibi version of herself. Episode 1 deals with Kyon's wacky new years dream and is quite hilarious.

Then there's Nyoron Churuya-san:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPuQkWUYeTM

I'm sure everyone has seen at least one version of this 4koma series somewhere on the internet. If you didn't find those funny, well, you probably won't find this short appealing. I found it rather amusing, though. Churuya is rather adorable.

~ Nyoron
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kenji

Awesome. :D

Always more room for Haruhi!
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Xanadu

Lol I noticed this on random curiosity's animeblog site. :lol:
It looks kinda interesting actually. Id I ever remember to watch the original series(in episode correct order) i'll probably watch it. XD Then again since according to you it's based off a 4koma will it even matter the order plot/spoiler wise I watch it(The original series then the "4koma" one?)
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Destiny_Gundam

Xanadu wrote:Lol I noticed this on random curiosity's animeblog site. :lol:
It looks kinda interesting actually. Id I ever remember to watch the original series(in episode correct order) i'll probably watch it. XD Then again since according to you it's based off a 4koma will it even matter the order plot/spoiler wise I watch it(The original series then the "4koma" one?)
You should watch these shorts after seeing the first series. You won't get any of the in jokes otherwise.
The Fowl Sorcerous

well the whole obsession with smoked cheese is out of left field in relation to the series.
[[lorem ipsum]]
Destiny_Gundam

The Fowl Sorcerous wrote:well the whole obsession with smoked cheese is out of left field in relation to the series.
Er, yeah. The Churuya one doesn't require much familiarily with the series. It's just weirdness for the sake of weirdness.
X10A-Freedom

That first one is awesome the counting sheep thing brought me back and now I want to watch the series again. And I hope they make a season 2.
Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System
Xtra Large Robot
Destiny_Gundam

Episode 2s are out. Apparently the ep 1s have been taken down as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi-y9S_6c1s

In this ep, Yuki plays some h-games, and Ryouko shows that she reads too much shonen manga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVBldwbad0

Churuya meets Ashakura. Also, Google fails.
X10A-Freedom

Oh man the H-game one is my fav by far. Ok so I may be silly for asking this but who is the girl with the green hair its been a while since I saw the series and i dont remember her?
Xtra Large Robot
Destiny_Gundam

X10A-Freedom wrote:Oh man the H-game one is my fav by far. Ok so I may be silly for asking this but who is the girl with the green hair its been a while since I saw the series and i dont remember her?
Churuya is a parody of Tsuruya. Tsuruya is Mikuru's classmate. Her fan nickname is 'lolfang' because she has a fang and laughs her ass off all the time.
Kenji

Ohh, that H-game bit was hilarious...! :D And Haruhi rolling off the desk, too.

Since they're apparently being deleted as soon as the next one's up, I hope they're included in the inevitable domestic DVDs of Disappearance...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Destiny_Gundam

Episode 3 time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KSUSocH84o

Haruhi decides to hold a quiz show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJxIE1U8nqc

Churuya-san just can't catch a break.
Strike Zero

For those who are unaware, episode four has been out for about a day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TIoPM2faJQ

This one was most epic.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Awesome. I always liked Ryouko. Quite sad they offed her so quickly. Well, she'll have a role in Dissapearence if it ever gets made.

But for this short, it's it sad, Ryou-chan~

Also, this is just my inner sadist speaking, but I like how each episode opens with Haruhi getting her face smashed. She gets away with far too much normally, so I like seeing her take some punishment. (I kinda wish Koizumi didn't stop Kyon from slugging her one in book 2.)
Antares

These are excellent. Even if random and silly, they manage to get a laugh out of me. Hopefully they'll keep'em comin'!
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
X10A-Freedom

They seem to be getting better as they go on but thats just my opinion.
Xtra Large Robot
speedstriker

They are getting better and better. Nagato slowly turning into an otaku is quite unexpected, but funny to see nonetheless. Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end, is Nagato trying to keep Ryoko as a figurine/pet?
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
Destiny_Gundam

speedstriker wrote:They are getting better and better. Nagato slowly turning into an otaku is quite unexpected, but funny to see nonetheless. Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end, is Nagato trying to keep Ryoko as a figurine/pet?
Pet. Hense the cat food.
Dean_the_Young

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Awesome. I always liked Ryouko. Quite sad they offed her so quickly. Well, she'll have a role in Dissapearence if it ever gets made.

But for this short, it's it sad, Ryou-chan~
You know, I always liked her better than Nagato: she turned the alien-naivete trophe upside down. Rather than being emotionless because she doesn't understand humans, she emulates them flawlessly without understanding them. A skilled liar is so much more interesting than an honest ignorant in cases like these.
Also, this is just my inner sadist speaking, but I like how each episode opens with Haruhi getting her face smashed. She gets away with far too much normally, so I like seeing her take some punishment. (I kinda wish Koizumi didn't stop Kyon from slugging her one in book 2.)
That's your inner justice speaking, strangely enough. Haruhi will get hers one day, and I expect it'll be when Kyon denies her.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Destiny_Gundam

Dean_the_Young wrote:Haruhi will get hers one day, and I expect it'll be when Kyon denies her.
Here's hoping. Now, I like Haruhi, but sometimes she deserves a slap across the face.

Judging by the way things usually go, though, Haruhi will get Kyon in the end, one way or the other. But then again, the aurthor is known to favour Yuki.

Course, I am a big Kyon/Yuki shipper. Kyon/Sasaki is fine too.