The Official Gundam 00 Season 1 Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dean_the_Young

LightningCount wrote:Point on Veda:

You know, I just realized that Veda would have failed the Gundam Meisters even if Alejandro hadn't interfered. During the Taklamakan Desert (*0079 reference?*) military exercise, the Gundams were going to lose. The Thrones, not part of Veda, saved them. (Unless, Veda meant for them to lose at that point and considered the joint military exercise a sign of the nations uniting). Still...makes you wonder why everybody put so much faith in Veda. Am I off on this?
Exactly correct, in fact. I have a mostly written fic on the very subject.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Xanadu

In that last ep that played last night, wasn't there supposed to be some scene after the Bridge of Ptolemy got show with with Litchy being like a robot(erm...i forget) or something?
I mean I know Bandai has a habit of cutting out stuff for some reason but that seemed like one of the important scenes imo.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Wingnut

Yes, and we mentioned that at least three times already. Also it's the Sci-Fi channel that has been doing the cutting of scenes, not Bandai.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sleepneeded127

Xanadu wrote:In that last ep that played last night, wasn't there supposed to be some scene after the Bridge of Ptolemy got show with with Litchy being like a robot(erm...i forget) or something?
I mean I know Bandai has a habit of cutting out stuff for some reason but that seemed like one of the important scenes imo.
it sci fi and the cut are need to pay for the show anime is a small market for US TV and more adds are need to keep it on the air. if they did not make the cuts for ads the show would be taking off
LightningCount

I don't really mind it, but does anyone know why it's called the "Trans Am System"?

After all, as I said earlier, that's a GM/Pontiac car. One would think the name would have something to do with maxing out GN particles. Of course, it could just intentionally be a car reference like F91 Gundam.
Sleepneeded127

LightningCount wrote:I don't really mind it, but does anyone know why it's called the "Trans Am System"?

After all, as I said earlier, that's a GM/Pontiac car. One would think the name would have something to do with maxing out GN particles. Of course, it could just intentionally be a car reference like F91 Gundam.
trans-am is also a race series that started out using modified version of coup sports cars such as Mustangs Camaros and Firebirds(a later model being named for the race)
Xanadu

I'm not sure if this should go in season 1 or season 2 but is sci-fi gonna do what AS did with Geass just play the second season right after the first?
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Sleepneeded127

Xanadu wrote:I'm not sure if this should go in season 1 or season 2 but is sci-fi gonna do what AS did with Geass just play the second season right after the first?
no they are going to show movies until mar 16th then it will air TTGL again with Ravemaster
Robo Jason Mk1

Sleepneeded127 wrote:
Xanadu wrote:I'm not sure if this should go in season 1 or season 2 but is sci-fi gonna do what AS did with Geass just play the second season right after the first?
no they are going to show movies until mar 16th then it will air TTGL again with Ravemaster
link plz?
mrliy

I just have to point out what happened while watching Gundam....

on tv: Patrick gets blow up again
my wife: patrick is blasting off again!

Patrick the "team rocket" of Gundam?! :P
Looking for great tokyo travel advice geared towards Anime and Manga fans?

2lostintokyo.blogspot.com
Strike105

Sleepneeded127 wrote:
I didn't think S2 would air right after S1 on Sci-Fi Channel due to the time Sci-Fi started airing it, and the fact that they air 2 episodes per week (plus the extra 2 this week). Maybe they'll start airing S2 after TTGL and/or RM finish their run.
Sleepneeded127

Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
Sleepneeded127 wrote:
link plz?
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3

just click the dates on the calenders below.
Meteoid

mrliy wrote:I just have to point out what happened while watching Gundam....

Hence the affectionate fan nickname "Team Patrick", it's been around since about episode 6 :P but if you've been watching it on Sci-Fi then you weren't to know
frezik

mrliy wrote:I just have to point out what happened while watching Gundam....

Funny how people independently come to that nickname :wink:
Imperial

I'm not terribly surprised to see SciFi butchered the epilogue, but I'm still horribly disappointed. Would it have killed them to shave some time off Appleseed so 00 could get its epilogue? There had to have been some way to make that possible.
This space for rent
Wingnut

As expected, they completely cut the over-the-credits epilogue. F-ing Ribbions? No, F-ing Sci-Fi Channel.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Casval Rem Daikun

Considering they're still going to do a hack job on Appleseed as well, they may as well have run the epilogue in real time. It's pretty important to the story...

I do wish they'd quit running that spot for that game based movie that nobody cares about. I think it's actually hurt it to shove it down viewer's throats instead of letting us see the epilogue of any show, even their own productions.

Hopefully they'll pick up Season 2, and someone there will actually watch the last episode in its entirety and we'll get a replay before season 2 airs. Thanksgiving marathon mabye?
Last edited by Casval Rem Daikun on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin

Graham, Ali, and Patrick are all still alive. Four years later, Louise's hair is shorter and Ribbons has a posse of similarly-dressed cohorts called Innovators.

There, I summarized the epilogue for anyone who didn't see it.

Anyway, very good dub job by all concerned. I especially liked the Al/Hal switching back-and-forth. That came off really well. As did Graham's "declaration of love".
Imperial

Thundermuffin wrote:Graham, Ali, and Patrick are all still alive. Four years later, Louise's hair is shorter and Ribbons has a posse of similarly-dressed cohorts called Innovators.

There, I summarized the epilogue for anyone who didn't see it.

Anyway, very good dub job by all concerned. I especially liked the Al/Hal switching back-and-forth. That came off really well. As did Graham's "declaration of love".
There's also the mask to mention, the purple-haired individual hanging out with Louise, the more formal look at the Federation, etc.

H/Al's switching was godawful but that's about par for the course here. Allelujah was horribly miscast.

Graham, on the other hand, was surprisngly enjoyable this time around.
This space for rent
Thundermuffin

I dunno, I started out thinking Richard Cox wasn't anything close to right for Al...but he's grown on me, actually.

Japanese Al is just too passively nice-sounding for me. Cox's Al gives him a tiny bit of edge to most of his lines, which seems more realistic to me for someone with Al's background.

However, his Hal is definitely inferior to the Japanese VA. Sounds slimy, not evil.